Player-Sponsor Function 2019... bring your snorkel ! Melb Aquarium 7 May @ 6:30pm

Details of this year's player-sponsor evening function are in... and congrats to HFC, it's another good one !

I'll be selecting our attendees from this weekend and I have four spots up for grabs. This year there are additional tickets available should a lucky winner wish to take the significant other.. or me :) They're not exactly cheap as a rule but they are available. Food and drinks, as well as a scavenger hunt are on the menu.

It's on Tuesday, 7 May 2019, from 6:30 to 9:00pm and is at the Melbourne Aquarium, on the corner of Flinders & King Streets. Parking is available at Wilson Parking, 474 Flinders Street. You could also take a train, ride a bike, or walk there !

Events in an open space like this one are pretty good for player access.

Good luck all... I'll start spinning the barrel shortly.

I was lucky enough to attend last years player-sponsor function. It was a very interesting night and this one at the Aquarium sounds even better.
Lots of fun meeting our sponsored players. Last year we had Kaiden Brand, Connor Nash and James Cousins. I have the photo of the players their jumpers and us big footy members proudly on display.
If you get the opportunity go and have a great time.

Have you got any attendees lined up yet?

I have one spot to fill :) I know it's a short time between now and Tuesday, but I'm going to have to either close at three attendees, or offer the final place to any BFH Player-Sponsor who is able to attend.

So here it is, first-in, best dressed. I could continue to work through the list but time is against us.

If there's any 2019 BFH player-sponsors wishing to attend, please PM me asap. There is one place still free and additional tickets may still be available through the Club. I'll have to set an absolute and final deadline on this of 5pm today.

Thanks

Attending the player sponsor function reinforced what a great club we are privileged to support. James Cousins was a terrific host and we enjoyed some quality time with him whilst we participated in a treasure hunt. Sadly Conor Nash had a virus and was quarantined from the player group. The highlight of the evening for me was spending time talking to Matt Walker, Jacob Koschitzke, Damon Greaves and Will Golds. They are all quality young men and are a credit to the club for the way they conducted themselves by showing an interest in a supporter. I also enjoyed some time with Jared Roughead, Ben McEvoy, Mitch Lewis, James Frawley, Conor Glass, Blake Hardwick, Tom Scully, Tom O'Brien, Liam Shiels, Paul Puopolo, Dylan Moore and Ned Reeves. I had a wonderful evening. The treasure hunt was won by Jaeger O'Meara and his group. The function was attended by the playing group without any coaches and was very relaxed. A big thank you to Garf for organising such a wonderful event.

Yep a great write up HH it was an enjoyable much less formal. HH has pretty much covered the night. The players all so accessible and credit should be given to the club and the players for making it such special night for us googly eyed supporters.

I wanted to get to wingard especially to let him know that i had admired him from afar and was stoked when we traded him in this year.

I also had to get to rough and burgers and get a lasting memory as this might be one of the last times we see them formally.

Also got to talk with the captain. Its a tough gig a lot more involved a lot more to think off both on and off the field. It takes time adjusting.

All in all it was a great night. I leave you with this

Whatever you do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius and power and magic in it.

Hawthorn is on this bold journey hawks supporters why dont we all join them. The magic will return.

I wanted to get to wingard especially to let him know that i had admired him from afar and was stoked when we traded him in this year.
Can you confirm he was in attendance and not off in another room playing Fortnite on his console?

Back