Player Sponsorship Player Sponsorship 2012 - recognize!

• Thread starter Old Spice
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

O

Old Spice

Due to popular demand and the fact that most of you are paupers of some description, we are kicking the 2012 Player Sponsorship off early.

That will give us all time to plan and execute bank heists and other fraudelent activites. We can then get our unmarked bills in before the deadline, which should be March or so next year.

It will also give us a better chance to collect a larger war-chest so that we might be able to sponsor two players as we did in 2010.

Mr P. Eyed who was the Finance Minister last year and did an extraordinary job has not yet indicated wether his benevolent tyranny will extend to 2012, but some sucking up and guilt tripping won't hurt. Late breaking news: He has agreed and the bank details are as follows:

NAB
Bsb: 086712
Acc No: 180619862

When you deposit, please make sure to include your poster name so Pie Eyed knows who has paid and what amounts.

How it works

For those who have not been involved before in this enterprise, board members pledge money that is pooled together so that we can sponsor player/s from the Club. The benefits of the sponsorship include a gamut of prizes and events which we split amongst the sponsors as per this link.*

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/membership/playersponsorship/tabid/10918/default.aspx

But if you don't win a prize you still have the fuzzy feeling of having helped the Club and also get a platinum membership to Bigfooty (membership without ads) and fancy little tag that says you are a Prince/ss.

The lowest denomination has been $50, but the more usual pledge is $100, with some sterling types giving more. But given we are starting so early this year - I propose $100 as the minimum, but am happy to be howled down from a zealous mob with pitch-forks.

If we can wangle something in the order of 4-5k carrots, I reckon we can guarantee sponsorship of two players. That's $100 from 40-50 folk.

Once we have set a firmer deadline for receiving the final installment of pledges (which I'll update in this post and through the thread) we can start to vote on the players we want to sponor - on a 3, 2, 1 basis. But of course we can start discussion about who we'd like...NOW!

The logistics are not unimportant as we need a trusty soul in charge of the do-re-mi. We also obviously need a bank account in which to funnel our embezzled funds. Pie Eyed has proven his bona fides, but if we can't nab him in the National Draft, we will have to find someone else we trust.**

If people are happy for me to send out the prizes again I'm happy to volunteer but also happy to pass onto some other honourable being.

I'll be marking down pledgers' names in black. Once that pledger has ponied up the dough, their name will be in green. I'll also note part payments in green and the balance in red, eg. Old Spice $100 $50/$50 (which is $50 paid, $50 to be paid). Once I pay in full it will be Old Spice $100.

This thread will be free-floating for exposure but will at some point be stickied. I'll get the ball tumbling by pledging a double pineapple.

Old Spice $100
Robertg22 $100
Reykjavik $100
Shellz $100
Beary17 $100
Bloben $100
Bushpie $100
Premium Pies $100
Kirby $100
Handy Point $100
Muzzy2 $100
Standingroomonly $100
Sidebottom2Beams $100
Dubber $300
Lobaiga $300
Herieter 09 $100
Beeg $100
Optimax $100
Pie Eyed $100
Bigfooty $200
Axewell $100
Magpie Ink $100
Lozza 63 $150
Visions $100

Total Pledge $2,950
Paid Pledge $2,550
Unpaid Pledge $400

And no subliminal promotions of players we want sponsored. Such Cloke and dagger can unWittingly influence ideas and close Dawes to other players. It's an Ugley practice we have to Steele ourselves against.

Yours Sinclairly

Old Spice

* Note, not all sponsors will receive a prize, but there were @13 prizes given out to last years winners based on sponsoring one player. No-one can win more than one prize each.

** p.s. cannot be Hine apparently.

Mark me down for a green one again.

Dear sir, I must advise you that the selling of marij...Right, right. A green one.

Iknsnay on the green talk. I'll meet you outside Hungry Jacks in Russell St as per usual.

Count me in for $100 again. One less bottle of brenevin is probably a good thing.

And for my part, I'll take one less ivory back-scratcher.

images

excuse my ignorance.. but does the money go to the player or the club? or a split

Edit* Daisy Fasolo Shaw would be the best to sponser i reckon

excuse my ignorance.. but does the money go to the player or the club? or a split

Edit* Daisy Fasolo Shaw would be the best to sponser i reckon

I'm pretty certain it goes to the club. I read there was a limit of 5 sponsors per player, but have noticed in recent years that some players have more than 5.

I'm in for $100 just tell me where to send it to

I'll give the bank details once we have a trusty treasurer locked in. Just look in over the next little while at the OP for the details. Welcome aboard.

I'm in again this year for $100.

Would love to pick up mooney this year. That wasn't subliminal so it is ok

If you think picking up Mooney will help his game, go for it. You have our blessing.

Just be gentle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep I am in for the $100....

If Pie eyed has lost his money laundering licence I would be happy to take it all off you :D

Yep I am in for the $100....

If Pie eyed has lost his money laundering licence I would be happy to take it all off you :D

Thank you once again Bushy. We now have $700, that's a couple of legs, although Bloben has first dibs on Mooney's rump.

If you think picking up Mooney will help his game, go for it. You have our blessing.

Just be gentle.

Haha... if it would help his game I may actually consider it.

Consideration doesn't come into it. You've made a pledge, now honour it.

Well get me the prize for preseason launch and three bottles of red and i'll see how fast he really is

Well get me the prize for preseason launch and three bottles of red and i'll see how fast he really is

Granted. I've also taken the liberty of booking you a love seat at the Flowerdrum. The daddy wears white.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back