Player Sponsorship Player Sponsorship 2013

Which opton do you prefer to contribute to?

• Player sponsorship and membership / ticketing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Their telegram is coming from the Prussian Consulate in Siam via autogyro.
That's not so bad then. I was thinking it might be via The Phantom's* Monkey Mail. :)

* ghost who walks

Ah sorry!!! I've been meaning to post all week.

I was lucky enough to go to the RoaringTwenties function last week since it seems no-one else could go! Unfortunately solo, but still a good time was had.

I got there a little late, but they had transformed the underground carpark at the entertainment centre into a prohibition style bar, complete with 1920's cars etc, and pre-drinks were had. To enter you had to give a password and were ushered into the function room to find your seat.

A few people on my table didn't turn up so there was only 7 on the table including me - unfortunately didn't get a player on our table. The entertainment was good, with 1920's style showgirls, and other performances, plus speeches from Kochie and Boak. A lot of the players were there, however they weren't wearing the 20's style suits they had on for the back page of last Friday's advertiser.

Each person had a personalised key card which was used in these electronic things that looked similar to a blackberry, to review items and place bids on the silent auction. There were around 400 auction items - 20 major and the rest silent. One lady on our table bid on a retro fridge in power colours with the big V for $4000 and won... a lot of the players signed it.. another couple bid $7000 for a spa, plus about 3k on other various other items. They auctioned off 2 Renaults, had a number of corporate packages, trips to france, dinner with the premier, inner sanctum experiences - all sorts of things which went for high prices, but they also had some lower priced things in the silent auction.

There was one auction item I was really interested in, and that was dinner for you and 3 friends with the Medium Rares at one of their steak nights. I bid up to $400 but unfortunately it went for $600. In the end I accidently entered a bid of $281 on a Dockers guernsey signed by all the 2013 dockers players + coach, when I had just meant to look at lot 281. So by accident I ended up winning so my spoils of the evening was a signed dockers guernsey >.> Here's hoping they go a long way into the finals and I can make a bit of money off it! A Saints one went for $350 and Essendons went for $400 so I don't actually think I got a bad deal.

The players were great, chatting and taking photos with anyone who was interested. I did like though, at 9:30pm on the dot, Hinkley personally went round to each table, apologised to the guests but said it was bed time and herded them all out the door.

The food was very good, and the booze flowed, and it was a good night - despite not knowing anyone, the people on my table were quite friendly.

Nope I have been incredibly slack ...

ok merchandise prizes are allocated as follows:

Photo: *PAF
Scarves: Eddie Dingle ; Oliver King ; crazy_big_al ; Janey

And the guernsey signed by Matty Broadbent and a few other players REH hounded goes to (drum roll as Excel random number generator does its thing) ...

Portia

PM me with postage details or however you want to collect the prize. If you don't want it PM me and I will reallocate.

got-game-of-thrones-30248947-500-282.gif

Very good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back