Player Sponsorship Player Sponsorship 2014

Which Powerbroker Package do you prefer?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

A fantastic night as I'm sure pastmyprimus will agree!

Spoke to quite a few players including Hamish, O'Shea, Gray, Westy, Ollie, Jackson, Boaky and Polec before Ah Chee gave us a tour of the rooms. Reds unfortunately couldn't be there.

Schulz was at our table and we chatted most of the night about all sorts including recovery, match ups this weekend and life after footy.

Food was a selection of steaks, chops, chicken, roast veg and potatoes along with salads and a lemon tart for dessert. Delicious!

Proud to represent you legends and I hope we did a good job!

I went last night and sat on a table with Angus Monfries and Tommy Logan.

First event like this I've been to and it was a great night as others have posted. Enjoyed chatting with the players who were very friendly and accommodating. Really get the feeling that the club is doing its best to acknowledge the support of its sponsors - both big and small.

The whole event was well done with Barry doing a great job as usual. I thought the entertainment was very good and I'm even more impressed now i know that Matt is a Port supporter - well done!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes it was a fantastic night. I've been lucky enough to go to a couple of player sponsorship events, but this event topped them all.

Started at the Allan Scott headquarters. Sponsors got to pick an envelope from a box which had the names of two players. As everyone knows we picked Big Red and Ah Chee. Red couldn't make it. He was at home doing rehab. Ah Chee is a confident and well spoken young man. I asked him about his unique skill to fire off 30m plus handballs. His inspiration was Polly Farmer, the WA footy legend. We haven't seen the best of Ah Chee yet. He's been hampered by a persistent knee injury. He had surgery in the off-sesaon, and is now playing with much less discomfort.

Dinner was in the function room sitting above the main grandstand. We were lucky enough to have Schulz on our table. He said quite a few interesting things. He put down the emergence of O'Shea into the faith that Ken and the coaching staff showed in his ability. Did his confidence a world of good. Schulz is starting to think about life after footy. One ambition is to become an assistant coach. He's also in the process of gaining a pilot's licence. A lot of pre-season training was based on repetition. Repeating half a dozen or so plays on the ground over and over again. It's now become instinctive.

The players are feeling quietly confident about this week's game. They feel their running game will give them an edge at Paterson's Stadium.

All the players I spoke to said that Dubai was their toughest ever training experience. Looks like a return is planned at the end of this season.

A highlight was the TSW's magic show. For one trick he needed help from a member of the audience, and went from table to table looking for a volunteer. Thought he made a very nice choice.

All up a very enjoyable evening that was professionally run.

Last edited:
A highlight was the TSW's magic show. For one trick he needed help from a member of the audience, and went from table to table looking for a volunteer. Thought he made a very nice choice.
Thanks so much legend! Great meeting you as well

A lot of pre-season training was based on repetition. Repeating half or dozen or so plays on the ground over and over again. It's now become instinctive.

Excellent. The only way to learn game plans is to rinse and repeat.

Few points:

- Boaky spoke very well and said that Ollie has asked when he's going to be getting a tag. The players all genuinely seem like best mates. I had the privelege of chatting to our captain later on. I almost fainted but managed to keep it together.

- Hammer is the nicest bloke going around. Came up to me and shook my hand and said he recognised me from when a few of us accosted him at the airport pre Carlton game. Along with every other player I spoke too, they adore playing footy at AO. The difference is incredible between there and AAMI not only for us as fans, but the players too. He said when they were running out for the Showdown and they heard the noise he turned around and saw 5-6 players with the biggest smiles on their faces.

-All agreed the wide open ground of Patterson's will suit our running game but Ollie joked that he doesn't like running so he's hoping for lots of stoppages. A real character that boy. He said he was the most nervous for a game pre Showdown than he's ever been. Only one that comes close is the Pies final last year.

- Asked Polec if he copped any special attention on Saturday. He said he did at the start but once we got on top he didn't hear a peep.

- The reason Jackson's beard is gone? His Mum told him to shave it off.

Excellent. The only way to learn game plans is to rinse and repeat.

It also says that Port has a core game plan that doesn't change from match to match, apart from some tweaks here and there.

Under the old days, it seemed our game plan changed depending on the team we played.

It says that Ken has a belief the game plan can win matches in the home-and-away season and in finals.

I have a car park ticket for the Port v Geelong game for a sponsorship contributor. Let me know via this thread if you would like it and can pick up either at training tomorrow morning or in the city around lunch time.

I have a car park ticket for the Port v Geelong game for a sponsorship contributor. Let me know via this thread if you would like it and can pick up either at training tomorrow morning or in the city around lunch time.

Surely Portia gets it?

She is in Management now and can't be seen travelling with plebs.

I'm kind of picturing Portia as a Goldfinger type mastermind running her empire of evil from a secret lair watching endless loops of Port Adelaide games. Her minions are dispatched to retrieve the world's finest wines and culinary delights but she does not deign to travel.

As I now have chinese girls that want to talk to me, I take it we do not get a free BF membership this year. :p

I have a car park ticket for the Port v Freo game for a sponsorship contributor. Let me know via this thread if you would like it and can pick it up in the city tomorrow during working hours.

Myself and Janey were very fortunate to attend the 'Before the Bounce' event at the Port v Freo game at the Adelaide Oval yesterday. I can't thank Ford enough for the privilage of representing the BigFooty Port Adelaide Player Sponsorship group, and indeed for the opportunity to spend a day at the footy with a truly delightful lady.

I think the the thing that struck me most is the professionalism of the Club and the organisers, it really seemed to have the stamp of Keith and Kochie all over it. The event was hosted by Mark Soderstrom of channel 7, featured a speech by Kochie and interviews with Bree May, the young lady that won 'My Kitchen Rules', and the mums of Chad Wingard and Ollie Wines. Both ladys are clearly beside themselves to have their sons at the Power.

I've been going to the footy for over fourty years, to countless games. The food, the service, the venue, the result and everything about the day was genuinely memorable!

M....
I think the the thing that struck me most is the professionalism of the Club and the organisers, it really seemed to have the stamp of Keith and Kochie all over it. The event was hosted by Mark Soderstrom of channel 7, featured a speech by Kochie and interviews with Bree May, the young lady that won 'My Kitchen Rules', and the mums of Chad Wingard and Ollie Wines. Both ladys are clearly beside themselves to have their sons at the Power.

Saansa what was the theme of Kochie's speech - anything new? Can you give us a bit of info about what Chad's mum talked about. Caro said she talked about how she is foster mum to a few kids but didn't give any other info. Was Jane Wines her usual bubbly self.

Back