Player Sponsorship Player Sponsorship 2014

Which Powerbroker Package do you prefer?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Well REH, Kochie spoke of the plans of the club to host a business lunch in Hong Kong, I think it will be this coming weekend, (I'm now wishing that I had taken notes). And of the possibility of an event in Macau. He spoke of the Mums contributions to the club and acknowledged the dignitaries present,
such as Chairman of Fremantle Dockers, Jay Weatherill, Pat Conlon, Paul McCartney and others that I'm afraid that I can't remember.

Chad and Ollie's mums were a delight, though Jane Wines is much more out going than Mrs Wingard who only answered the questioned asked of her, I don't recall any mention of fostering. It was mostly about raising their boys, how delighted they are to be at Port Adelaide, that sort of thing. I might add that as bubbly as Jane Wines is, Matt Broadbent's mum is even more so, even Kochie seemed in awe of her. These ladies are living the dream and it speaks volumes of the Port Adelaide Football Club.

PS - I made the Paul McCartney bit up!

....... I might add that as bubbly as Jane Wines is, Matt Broadbent's mum is even more so, even Kochie seemed in awe of her. These ladies are living the dream and it speaks volumes of the Port Adelaide Football Club.

Wait until you meet Brad Ebert's mum!! It's probably why the boys were best mates the mums would have gotten on well by the sounds of things. Apparently Dom's mum is a hoot and as mentioned by Chicky Boak on the ABC 891 radio interview today, has been playing a big role in the parents group meetings and bonding for a long time.

Kochie's acknowledgements and formal welcomes took about 3 minutes at the Geelong game pre match before he got into his speech.

Thanks for filling in some gaps of the function. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Was walking back to the office through Rundle Mall last week when a young man came up to me to say hello. Was quite friendly and asked me how's things. He looked familiar but for the life of me I couldn't place him. I kept babbling on hoping the penny would drop eventually. It did - it was our Brendon Ah Chee. DonDraper and I met him at the Port event where player sponsors were assigned their players. After realising it was Brendon I asked him about his injury. He was pretty much over it, and was looking forward to playing against Sturt.

Good on him for going out of his way to say hello.

As Saansa has said, the BTB function yesterday was great! Just a couple of extra things that might be of interest. We had an ex-Crows/Norwood player at our table as well. Saansa picked up on his name when he introduced himself (I had no idea :)). Very nice bloke. He had also played a few games for Richmond back in the 90's as well. We had quite a good chat about his footy career and he was also a big wrap for KT, both for his current work with Port and from his involvement with him during his Norwood days.

For anyone who thinks that Wingard may be a bit of a figjam, Kochie spoke about him before speaking to his Mum, and said that he is a terrific young man and very grounded and humble.

As Saansa says, the chat with the player's Mums (in keeping with the Mothers' Day theme) was great. Kochie also spoke about the work that Broady and Brad Ebert's mothers do to network with all the other players' families and make them feel part of the family. Ollie's Mum talked about how happy Ollie was at the club, really felt that it was his second family, and commented on how much he looked up to Kenny.

We enjoyed watching the match from our reserved seats, and I must say that the view was excellent considering that we were up in the top tier of the stand. Much better that the view from a similar position at AAMI.

After the game we wandered around to the after match function for a look. I didn't stay long but did get to hear KT speak, looking very casual I might add, and then a couple of short interviews with Tom Jonas and Matt Lobbe. TJ and Matty both confirmed that their injuries were quite minor and that they were left out of the team more as a precaution than anything. Both were confident that they would be back for the Hawthorn game.

KT talked about how pleased they were with how the season is going but that they are under no illusions about how much more there is to do. He mentioned Crowie on 5aa (to resounding boos from supporters) and how he keeps trying to suck the supporters into "lifting the lid". KT said that he was very, very pleased that not one supporter had got drawn in to it because the club just wants to go quietly about it's business and ignore the drivel (KT's words ;)) on 5cc.

So, a very good day was had by all, topped off by a fantastic win by the boys!

As Saansa has said, the BTB function yesterday was great! Just a couple of extra things that might be of interest. We had an ex-Crows/Norwood player at our table as well. Saansa picked up on his name when he introduced himself (I had no idea :)). Very nice bloke. He had also played a few games for Richmond back in the 90's as well. We had quite a good chat about his footy career and he was also a big wrap for KT, both for his current work with Port and from his involvement with him during his Norwood days.

James Theissen?

What role does he have at Port at the moment?
He was there as a player-sponsor. He and another chap there with him run a business that provides a lot of the food that the players have at the club. They work closely with Andrew Rondinelli apparently.

A piece of sexy trivia for you, Janey.

Thiessen debuted for Richmond the night they were slaughtered by the Crows at Footy Park by 139 points in 1993.

In his first year at the Crows he came up against his former club at Footy Park and was actually part of the losing side as Giesch and the Tigs stood around the centre circle and sang in the rain.

Come year's end Thiessen was a premiership player and Richmond had finished... ninth.

A piece of sexy trivia for you, Janey.

Thiessen debuted for Richmond the night they were slaughtered by the Crows at Footy Park by 139 points in 1993.

In his first year at the Crows he came up against his former club at Footy Park and was actually part of the losing side as Giesch and the Tigs stood around the centre circle and sang in the rain.

Come year's end Thiessen was a premiership player and Richmond had finished... ninth.
He also managed to play in consecutive premierships, Norwood in 1997 and the Crows in 1998. Right place at the right time :)

He also managed to play in consecutive premierships, Norwood in 1997 and the Crows in 1998. Right place at the right time :)

Aaron Keating did the double as well I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

.... Chad and Ollie's mums were a delight, though Jane Wines is much more out going than Mrs Wingard ....
I'm sure the Advertiser will creatively invent some comment to attribute to Chad's mum.

Ford Fairlane , Macca19

Sorry if this has already being answered, but are we getting Platinum's with this as we have in the past?

This no tapatalk s**t is annoyng

Was walking back to the office through Rundle Mall last week when a young man came up to me to say hello. Was quite friendly and asked me how's things. He looked familiar but for the life of me I couldn't place him. I kept babbling on hoping the penny would drop eventually. It did - it was our Brendon Ah Chee. DonDraper and I met him at the Port event where player sponsors were assigned their players. After realising it was Brendon I asked him about his injury. He was pretty much over it, and was looking forward to playing against Sturt.

Good on him for going out of his way to say hello.

That's fantastic. He was a very very nice guy Brendon. Hope he gets over his injury worries.

Mine had run out before the new one kicked in.

Would Chief be the man to ask?
Hmmm... maybe I haven't added them!

Macca19 could I be a pain and ask for a link straight to the list? No doubt it is not hard to find but I am incredibly lazy :)

Portology and I were at a Captains Club cocktail event last night which was effectively a Barry Curtain Q&A with the leadership group.

No incredible revelations but one interesting piece of news is that Tim Ginevar starts back with the club on June 16 as a Sales Manager to help sell off the corporate stock. Couldn't think of a more passionate sales person. He had some time Q&A time with Barry in which hilarity ensued.

The club also provided a gift to each member of the Captains Club group. A framed group of photos commemorating the first showdown at Adelaide Oval. Will need to liaise with Foot Falcon et al as to how we want to dish it out. I thought it would look good on the wall of a local establishment where the BigFooty 'legends' could partake in some ales and s**t talk.

Took a couple of snaps on the phone ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401317571.563227.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401317582.144914.jpg

Glad you were able to make it sog35 - the merch, like wow!

We're getting a fair collection this year, will have to think about how to distribute and put options to our contributors.

Back