Player Sponsorship PLAYER SPONSORSHIP - 2020 -with poll

Who should the Board nominate as our Sponsored Player for 2020?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello Board

Welcome to the 2020 player sponsorship.

As most would be aware this Board has been sponsoring a player, both Men’s and Women’s for a number of years. There was a bit of a glitch last year and we fell by the wayside, however, we are hoping to resurrect it again for 2020. In 2018 we sponsored Jake Lever and Katherine Smith. We normally only provide sponsorship at the Bronze level, unless we have a zillionaire on our Board who would like to donate enough to provide Gold/Silver sponsorship.

Jake Lever is not available this year, some might say that is a good thing given our history of sponsorship when whomever we sponsor either, a) gets immediately injured, or b) immediately loses form, and gets dropped.

Katherine Smith is staying with the MFC this year - so unless there are strong objections to continuing as Katherine’s sponsor, I would say she’s a keeper.

She has marked the end of our disturbing record as player sponsors and will bring us continued good fortune in 2020.

Sponsorship - what’s it all about you say?

For those that haven’t been involved before, our board has for a number of years pooled together to raise money to sponsor a Melbourne player – in 2018 2 players (men’s and women’s code). It’s a nice way to show support of the team in 2020 and persuade yourself that you are somehow intrinsically involved in Melbourne’s success. This is particularly valuable in 2020 given it will be our first premiership since JC played fullback for Palestine.

You can nominate any sum you like as your contribution to be a part of our sponsor group. BigFooty pitches in a couple of hundred to every board that rounds up sufficient sponsors too, so this represents an excellent opportunity to fleece Chief in the cause of making Melbourne a powerhouse again, much to his everlasting chagrin.

Any contribution is great. Big Footy gives the following rewards for contributors -

$0 to $49 - medal only
$50 to $99 - 1 year Gold Premium + medal
$100+ - 1 year Platinum Premium + medal

Platinum comes with certain perks, such as removing the annoying banner ads on the site, access to a secret board to read and post pointless drivel, ability to change your name and so forth. For more information on what you get with a gold or platinum membership, ask someone who remembers all the details.

The MFC also provides nice things to sponsors - such as invitations to player events (like the season launch, and mid season player bbq) that I raffle amongst the sponsor group. Also raffled are things like MFC pins, posters, a signed player guernsey etc. Also you get to own a player’s soul for 12 months and manipulate their actions with the power of your mind.

The way it works is that you pledge the amount you would like to contribute now in this thread, and in the next 4 - 6 weeks (Do you like how I did that?) I will send a PM to you with account details to make your payment. Then you sit back like a boss and watch the premierships roll in. Don’t feel as though you need to come up with a minimum of $50 though, plenty of posters participate with a lesser amount every little bit helps.

We need a total of $2340 to sponsor both players.

Who to sponsor?

AFLW

Are you happy to stay with Katherine Smith?

Mens Team

Please post here if you are interested in participating and what your pledged amount is. Also feel free to make suggestions (using the Poll above) of who we should sponsor in 2020 – Kade/Aaron fit our criteria already! I have a favourite, but just don’t want to jinx them by naming them!

I will go first and pledge $200 towards our 2020 sponsorship drive. I’m not bothered by which player, whoever we chose will do the Club proud.

Over to you.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also keen for a clean up of existing badges if possible. Can we shorten the 17 and 18 ones to initials only please? See 13-16 for examples. Thanks.
Leave it with me, I will speak to his Eminence "The Chief"

Hello Board

Unfortunately we will not be sponsoring anyone this year due to a less than enthusiastic response to our request. But that is all good, things are difficult at the moment and people are hurting for any number of reasons, hopefully we will see a greatly improved performance from the boys this year, much more reminiscent of 2018 than last year.

To those people who were able to pledge a donation, thank you very much, it was greatly appreciated and hopefully our on field success this year will be the catalyst for an even better 2021. GO DEES.

Back