Player Sponsorship Player Sponsorship Badges and Sponsorships have now been applied - Please Read

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Ant, whats the news with the raffle for the sponsor night? Its next Tuesday and people may need a few days to organise things

Hey Ant, whats the news with the raffle for the sponsor night? Its next Tuesday and people may need a few days to organise things

Will chase again, if it's anything like last time they'll turn up at the last minute. :)

Will keep you posted

Maybe the snail mail is running slower than usual :p

Ok talking to the club I just need to email a list of names

Have 3 tickets.

2 x Howard, 1 x Austin.

Thinking should we give the 2 x Howard tickets in one hit so you can take a partner or all 3 as individuals?

Edit : So far there is 4 of us interested (including me :D )

Player Dinner was tonight. Couple of people dropped out at the last minute so I ended up going along by default. Mike2009 was of the 3 who didn't drop out so he was there tonight as well.

I was on a table with Christian Howard and Tom Hill, Mike was on Mark Austin's and I'm not sure who as it was further over. Good night.

Christian mentioned he always wanted to come to Melbourne when his was drafted and Adelaide were never in the hunt for him when his contract was up.

This was in the foyer. As we were late to the party with Mark Austin we didn't have a BigFooty under his name.

picture.php

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks Ant, looking forward to hearing what the players had to say. Did Tom Hill mention when how close he is to getting a game with the seniors?

He was at the other end of the table so didn't say much to him. I asked Christian how far away Tom was and he thought with our lack of tall forwards he would've got a chance by now.

Good night overall and Macca got up for a while to talk about his experience so far with the club to which he responded that he loves the club and feels great going to work. Said hi to a few players that weren't on the table including Mitch Wallis and Roughie

On my table were Austin, Vezpremi and Johannissien and I talked to each of them in some length.

Mark seems to be enjoying his football at the kennel and seems grateful for his opportunity. He went on to explain his bad run with injuries and luck that ended up with him moving on. Aside from football he's doing cert 4 in business management and looking at life after footy as far as work is concerned. He shares a house with Bryce Gibbs in Ascott Vale and from his words, footy isnt on the topic of discussion with Bryce.
I asked him about his preferred position and he mentioned that he played forward a few games with Carlton of which playing forward in his opinion is harder than playing defense. He's enjoying playing with the backline and has big wraps for Lake who settles the backline down and offers so much experience. I asked him about his games so far and what it's like to play on different opponents and congratulated him for doing a great job on keeping Pods quiet. Seems level headed and looking forward to seeing him play more

Jason is recovering from an MCL tear and some tendinitis and back running this week and looking to be back in around 3 weeks with Willi. Jason has been playing on the 1/2 back and is a god running player who was racking up 20-25 posessions per game. Had some good comments from the other guys who said that Jason was tearing it up in the 2's until his injury. A nice kid to talk to, comes from South Africa and came out here when he was 8. He went on to chat about Schofield who he is good mates with and how they both came across from WA. He said that Schofieldwas generally homesick and had alot of mates back in WA and was missing his life there but playing WAFL with East Freo. Jason said that he was happy in Melbourne and being homesick is not even on the radar. Looking forward to seeing his return in the 2's

Pat was an interesting one to talk to as he's been through the transition with Eade to Macca. I asked Pat about how he is generally going and how he feels about things at the club. Pat said that he feels like we have a real culture now which was lacking under Eade. Everyone knows where they stand with Macca and wants to be part of the big picture. Pat was happy with his improvements and I asked him about his general fitness and his tank/ability to play out games to which he explained that he has been working hard on his fitness. Pat seems pretty easy going and seems to be relaxed outside of his football, and generally an easy going likeable bloke.

Your perception of players does change when you get a chance to talk to them outside of game day and on general, the boys seem pretty down to earth and easy going.

@ Mike2009 and Ant_

Thanks for the reports Mike and Ant - much appreciated and very interesting.

No worries, mine was a brief type up from my mobile phone. Mike has given far more detail . :D

Thanks guys, great reports. I am envious of the quality time you both spent with the players.

Seems Macca is really a good fit for our club, he was extremely highly rated at Geelong and Essendon. I hope he can bring us the success we all crave.:)

Ok Sponsor badges are back, I'll send through the final list for the Mark Austin sponsor.

All previous years sponsor badges have been shortened.

Let us know if anyone is missing their badge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back