Player Sponsorship Player Sponsorship Urgent News

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done guys. I wish I could have pitched in and joined you, but with my wife, well some battles are best kept for bigger things. ( I could probably have pilfered the cash, but as soon as something hits the credit card receipt I'm in for the 1 000 000 questions ).

That sounds familiar SS :( 100% understand.

My wife and I had the big talk last night about how, with the baby coming, there's no way that we'll be able to get back to Melbourne for 5 home matches this year (I tried everything brothers - I even suggested going to the Richmond game at the end of the year... talk about sacrifice...). Then we had the big talk about how money is going to get tight this year, again because of the baby, and so... no membership for Percy this year. :( I can still get to about 3 games in Melbourne (mainly away games, as it turns out), and the two Adelaide games, but not as a member.

So SS, right here feeling your pain...

Heyne is a terrific choice. Very happy with that.

About the missing Stanley thing, I think the Guide shouldn't be too hard on himself here at all. I was astounded how quickly it all fell into place - and that's kudos to the rest of us as well.

I think Saintsational has the luxury of having done this for several years now, and so knows that they will get enough money from its users to be able to buy 5 player-sponsorships. This was the first time we've done this, and thus we didn't have that luxury. L2M4G could well have bought the whole thing, then had heaps of people who'd SAID they were pumped to pay, but didn't put their money where their mouths (or fingers...) were.

saintsational has only done this for 2 years. this is the third.

last year they started with 1 player, and it just mmoved onto 4 players.
this year they straight away went for 5 players.

haha I can't believe I missed out on shares.:eek:

shows you can't miss a beat on the Saints board! great to see everyone getting behind Heyney:thumbsu: Shattered I won't get one of those sweet sponsor logo's under my avatar though:thumbsdown:

I actually caught up with both of them on the weekend and filled them in on the whole situation, fair to say they found it funny and Rhys gave Nick a bit of stick about being second choice.:p:thumbsu:

Anyway, Nick definitely appreciates all the support from everyone on here:thumbsu:

as you don't want a player reading it and thinking he is "slops" for us.

Definitely not the case Squizzy.

Knowing what Nick is like it wouldn't have phased him if he was selected or not. Certianly won't lose any sleep over being "second choice" and selected as a default.. Having said that though i'm sure he'll enjoy and appreciate being the sponsored player and all the support that will come with it:thumbsu:

Either way we would have landed a winner with Rhys or Nick, they are best mates at the club and both great guys.:thumbsu:

Even though i'm not 'officially' part of the sponsorship as i missed out on shares i'll still actively follow the functions/threads related to the sponsorship:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back