Player Sponsorship Player Sponsorship

Remove this Banner Ad

So we have to pay to sponsor a player?

Just to let people know, I will be the one organising the player sponsorships for 2013.

I have noticed that some people have expressed a desire to change players. I'm personally happy to keep the status quo, but at the end of the day I will go with what the majority want.

Kong, do you mind if I set up a poll (or if one is included in this thread) to determine what people's preferences are?

Anyone willing to shout me my share?

EDIT: And me do something in return?

Anyone willing to shout me my share?

EDIT: And me do something in return?

You can donate as little as $25 if you wish. Also, any money doesn't have to be handed over for a little while yet, so plenty of time to get saving if you need to!

You can donate as little as $25 if you wish. Also, any money doesn't have to be handed over for a little while yet, so plenty of time to get saving if you need to!
How is payment made? And are we actually an official sponsor of the player?

Previously everyone does an EFT to someone's account, and they organise the sponsorship.

Yes it's an official sponsorship. If you like, it's noted on the players profile on essendonfc.com.au

Bigfooty Bombers is what we go under.

Previously everyone does an EFT to someone's account, and they organise the sponsorship.

Yes it's an official sponsorship. If you like, it's noted on the players profile on essendonfc.com.au

Bigfooty Bombers is what we go under.
Ok cheers :D

Table tennis sums it up well. I'm organising it on behalf of the Essendon board this year.

I'll start taking pledges once we've finalised who we are sponsoring, but EFT (i.e. Pay Anyone) would be my preference.

Stay tuned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe we're looking at it from different angles, but my thought is that it's a thing for life - we're on the Howlett/Colyer wagon and as long as we can keep sponsoring two, they're the first two picked.

As I say though, I'm just one voice among many.

I want to offer a scenario for a few blokes here, particularly those that are yet to attend a player sponsorship night.

Let's say we elect NOT to sponsor one or both of Howlett and Colyer; and four of us rock up to the Player Sponsorship night; some who have been before and some newbies.

Both Colyer and Howlett will recognise those that have been before (believe me they will); and will offer a warm welcome.

Now which bloke wants to be the one to inform Benny that, nah sorry mate, we aren't sponsoring you this year.....

Sponsorships of players are not year by year proposition. You get on, and you support the blokes until they aren't Essendon players anymore.

Now whilst I will not pull my sponsorship $s, as I think it would be unfair to pull it now after having attended the event; I would be EXTREMELY disappointed with the people on this board if they elected to do that - would be a short sighted, juvenile thing to do.

I'm willing to put in money, but I can't attend, being a Tassie lad, unless it's some time during the season.
I'm OK with Colyer and Howlett, but I like the idea of giving money to first and second year players.

Stick with Colyer and Howlett imo.

tumblr_lztd970mod1qk3a7ko1_500.jpg

I thought that the attendees were drawn out of the hat, so it's unlikely that the same people will attend year after year. Not that I am likely to attend.

can someone please explain everyone's obsession with moose?!?!

I like the kid a lot and all (and reckon he seems very mature for a young kid), but sometimes I wonder this too.

I reckon people just like saying "MMMOOOOSSSEEE!".

At the next BF catch up we should drink only Moosehead beer, in appreciation of the man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back