Player Statistical Comparison Web-App

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey everyone, about two months ago at work I decided to bludge my actual job and build a script that would extract AFL stats and then rank players based on them. The problem with this was that, whenever I would want to show someone or try to prove a point with it, I would be required to have access to a computer with the correct environment set up on it to run the script. To combat this, I built it into a web app that allows you to select statistics, and rank players based on it.

The way it works is essentially calculating on Euclidean Distance, like what exists on a scatter plot. Essentially, the player that is furthest away from the starting point gets the highest score. If a particular statistic is worth more to you, you're able to add an extra weighting on it, and that will be accounted for in the ranking.

Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 4.56.32 PM.png
Pictured: My lazy ******* attempt to draw a plot

Although this was intended for personal use and was very lazily built in an afternoon, I figured that some of you fellas might get a kick out of it. Have fun with it, let me know if there's any features you'd like to see and what's broken. I haven't put it through its paces at all, so no doubt there's some bugs.

URL: http://page-ict.com/projects/afl/index.php

Future plans in the works
  • Comparison by year
  • Dynamic adding/removal of statistic fields (not limiting to 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back