Player watch sub-forum - should we have one?

Should we have a player watch sub board?

• Yes, it's a great idea.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, dumb idea.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 1, 2006
Boom town
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Steelers & Penguins
I was having a friendly visit to the North board and noticed this sub-forum they had:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=203

It basically has a thread for every player in the list on it where people post up stats and the like for that player. Has something like this been considered for the WC board? Or do we prefer to just talk about players as we see fit? It would be a nice way to keep all the info on each player together. People could even put in where they have seen players, although I disagree with that, they don't need to be tracked.

Anyone have any thoughts on it?

I think we should attach a GPS locator on all of them, especially in the off season.;)

Seriously, though it doesn't seem like a bad idea to have all issues related to each player located in their own individual thread.

id be in for it, if the demand is there could this be set up by the mods on the board? Hopefully be able to get a player each person if the interest is there. What about players who tend to spend a bit of time in the wafl? Some dont follow wafl form of current eagles

id be in for it, if the demand is there could this be set up by the mods on the board? Hopefully be able to get a player each person if the interest is there. What about players who tend to spend a bit of time in the wafl? Some dont follow wafl form of current eagles
I agree, it would be particularly good for the players we are watching in the WAFL.

I think it would be better if the info on each player was put in a thread on that player, rather than in a thread on all the WAFL performances for the week. That way you could review a player once they come up for selection to see if you reckon their WAFL performances warrant it and the like.

I just saw their board and thought it may be a good idea. Particularly with the amount we love to talk up players and look at their WAFL performances and debut performances.

KS, you may be on to it with this GPS thing, problem is 2 years ago if we saw Cuz was at Chicky's house, those that weren't in the know wouldn't see a problem with that, so it wouldn't be much help. :)

Sounds like a good idea esp about the WAFL as I dont get to see it, it would make it easier to understand how these players are going. So Im all in for it :thumbsu:
Though the stalking of players should be left out of it :)

Would be great to keep up with WAFL player's stats and performances. Sounds like a good idea to me

I am for it, but it will be up to the powers to be. I may have to go begging and groveling to the BF bosses, but I am sure it can be done. If I get a lot more yeses for it, I shall ask. I am sure Mr. Darth will agree with me.

Besides, a poll should have been placed in my opinion....

Oh wait....
there's not much Jon English can not do around here..... ;)

I am for it, but it will be up to the powers to be. I may have to go begging and groveling to the BF bosses, but I am sure it can be done. If I get a lot more yeses for it, I shall ask. I am sure Mr. Darth will agree with me.

Besides, a poll should have been placed in my opinion....

Oh wait....
there's not much Jon English can not do around here..... ;)
I thought maybe it was a bit premature for a poll, I have only been around here for a year, so I didn't know if it had come up before. :) Damn relative newbies.

Obviously, I voted yes. :thumbsu:

I thought maybe it was a bit premature for a poll, I have only been around here for a year, so I didn't know if it had come up before. :) Damn relative newbies.

Obviously, I voted yes. :thumbsu:

Just thought it would be a good idea.....that way it gives me a gauge if I need to go on my knees for the bosses....

:)

It's a yes vote for me. People do discuss players so it would be easier reading to have them all together.

Good idea, greennick. Would definitely be good way for those who don't follow WAFL to keep up to breeze with the development of the younger brigade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what happens to the first clown that votes no?

This...

bitch_slap.jpg

I think it would be good.

Would also give a chance for Players sponsers the chance to write a bit about there player every now and then. Whether it just be copying and pasting what others have wrote about him or doing it personally, it'd give others a chance to see whats going on

I voted no, just to be different.

Plus, most of our players end up with their own dedicated sub-forums on the main board, anyway...

:thumbsu:
You see, that is what this is trying to prevent a new thread every other week on how great <insert unproven new draftee> is. At least this way we can keep all our irrelevant musings on players in the same place! Looking further into it, a few boards have them and they seem to work quite well.

You see, that is what this is trying to prevent a new thread every other week on how great <insert unproven new draftee> is. At least this way we can keep all our irrelevant musings on players in the same place! Looking further into it, a few boards have them and they seem to work quite well.

Yeah, the idea isn't bad at all, I just felt like stirring the pot. Personally I think a Quinten Lynch worship board is in order, but it may be harder to garner support for that.

Big Man,

123046__bring_it_on_l.jpg

Bring it.

:D

Since we are running at a 95% approval for this board (even Kevin Rudd couldn't match that), with the 5% missing just being a protest vote (kind of like voting for Ross Perot in the US), should we start counting our chickens and thinking of some possible names for the board?

Some crap ideas:
  • The Eagles (well they are, although that is way too boring, not going to happen)
  • Woosha's Warriors (the only one of these that is a serious suggestion :))
  • The Druggies (just for fun)
  • Rehab (just for fun)
  • Eagle Watch (meh, obvious)
Anyone got any suggestions that are actually any good?

Given that the club is now held responsible for the decisions of grown men and thus have to seemingly babysit our players 24/7 we could call it "The Crib" but that is a bit similar to our other sub-forum "The Nest"

So I'll suggest "Woosha's Playpen".

Until I think of something else at least.

Back