Universal Love Player 'X' I Was Wrrr, Wrrr......Not Right!

Remove this Banner Ad

Just hanging round on the corner here, whistling, killing time, just waiting for the most obvious suspect to come on here and admit that he was wrong about Matt Kennedy.

Might be here a while.

Fev was mine. Thought he wanted to play higher and wasn’t very good at it. Didn’t think he would cut it. Mmmmmmm.

Cripps, i was in favour of cashing out last year - not fitness but mental and leadership related, especially as his contract negotiations dragged on.

i thought if it was Cripps out, Cerra and a first round + our own first would be a net positive for the club.

Can't believe the way he has lifted and led the club this season so far. hope that he keeps it going once the honeymoon period is over.

Carrazzo was the one that I got wrong. I remember telling my dad (fellow blues supporter) that he was a liability to the team, this was towards the end of a couple of seasons with us. The very next Season he came out and shuffed humble pie in my face. The season after was when Essendon juiced up ruined his career.
I'm in that group as well. For his first couple of seasons, he was always referred to as the turnover king. Then something clicked, the coaches started playing him as a lockdown player and he turned into a dependable player who would have been one of the first one the team sheet each week. So yeah... I got that one wrong.

Mind you, there have been a number of players who we all got wrong in the other direction. Guys who we all thought would be awesome players and turned out to be duds.

Does this work both ways? Where you thought a player was going to be awesome and then wasn't?.... Troy Menzel, Kristian Jaksch, Kane Lucas the entire 2010 draft class!! I was pretty convinced they were all going to be awesome!!! But they weren't :'(
Kane Lucas and Andrew McInnes were both players destroyed by our substandard medical staff back in the day. There have been a number of players who had their careers trashed by the medical staff back then.

I made a somewhat disparaging comment privately to several ppl here recently regarding LOB, I got it wrong and I am sorry. Sorry for such a dog act on my behalf.
Seeing him in the huddle, singing the club song proved me VERY wrong.

Cripps, i was in favour of cashing out last year - not fitness but mental and leadership related, especially as his contract negotiations dragged on.

i thought if it was Cripps out, Cerra and a first round + our own first would be a net positive for the club.

Can't believe the way he has lifted and led the club this season so far. hope that he keeps it going once the honeymoon period is over.
You’re only human
I forgive you 😅
I was pissed completely about his length of new contract
I’ve learned to forgive myself too
Forever blue is now in forever ecstasy land 😛

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kouta. I remember watching him in a pre-season game around '92 and telling a mate of mine he was the worst player to ever pull on a Carlton jumper. Perhaps a slight misjudgement :)
I'll never forget the late season hand against Collingwood at Waverley that we had to win to make finals in '92. Kouta plucked the ball off the ground one hand and the crowd gasped. No one had ever seen that before.

Our hearts were broken by a 55 metre Daicos torpedo in front of well over 80k. The Victorian government banned Carlton and Collingwood games from Waverley after that match as it was considered a safety hazard because of the amount of people who were sardined in. Every standing possible spot was packed.

The official crowd was 77k but it was surely 85 plus.

Nominating Barnaby French. I can’t stand ruck men and thought he was an absolute dud when he came over from Port. Became a very serviceable big bastard.

Andrew McInnes. I still maintain if not for the ACL he would have been a good AFL level defender - reckon he would have made a great teammate with Weitering....

Carrazzo. Thought he was rubbish early on but ended up a really good player.

Also, Kennedy. Was decent last year but thought we would move past him with our new aquisitions. Wrong on that.

TBH - Most of my whipping boys are now in the VFL side so I was Rrrr Rrrii ... Close to the mark!
However, I did have some doubts over Crippa & O'Brien. I didn't think Crippa would get back to his best, and O'Brien was just not AFL level.
Whilst O'Brien is still a turnover hazard, I can see why we are persevering with him, as he shows great improvement and gives us a bit of leg speed.
Just hope he can get the hesitation out of his game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back