Universal Love Player 'X' I Was Wrrr, Wrrr......Not Right!

Remove this Banner Ad

C’mon guys… Liam Jones. He has to be on most people’s list, doesn’t he?

I’m probably more guilty of thinking a player will be a star, and they end up with an inglorious career. I’d put Stephen Edgar and Andrew Cavedon in this boat. Jordan Doering looked like he could be anything, and wasn’t.

Still… I remember an old work colleague of mine who was a massive Blues’ fan. We had quite a few disagreements in 2005 over Eddie Betts, who he swore was a flash in the pan player that would never achieve anything.

Liam for me always had talent in spades. Due to my ex's family being heavily involved with the Dogs I got to see the frustrations that they'd have with him. One week a looming superstar and zilch for the next six weeks.

When he started at Carlton so poorly I thought that he was psychologically damaged. Thought he'd be out of the league and never realise his potential.

I wish things had ended differently for him. However, I'm glad for him that he proved the naysayers wrong and earned league wide respect for his talent.

Liam for me always had talent in spades. Due to my ex's family being heavily involved with the Dogs I got to see the frustrations that they'd have with him. One week a looming superstar and zilch for the next six weeks.

When he started at Carlton so poorly I thought that he was psychologically damaged. Thought he'd be out of the league and never realise his potential.

I wish things had ended differently for him. However, I'm glad for him that he proved the naysayers wrong and earned league wide respect for his talent.
Then lost it.

It was Fraser Brown for me - I’m pretty sure I’d said to the group of people I used to sit with in the Pratt Stand, that we’d never win game if Fraser Brown was in the side.

Someone had to go the anti-Brown bandwagon. I remember when he was developing in the seconds that people would ensure they got the reserves game in just too watch him. I remember them building him up big time.

Liam Jones, Matthew Allan, Sexton, Ratten and Carrazzo.

Is Ben Lennon still available at our pick? I sure hope so!

I don’t post in the Blues board that often, I’m usually hanging out with the other degenerates in Bay13. But thought I pop in, with cap in hand to admit I was wrong about out fearless leader.

After last two years, where he wasn’t the same player as he was when he won the MVP, his goal kicking was average at best, and one of the last games where he couldn’t even kick, he just handballed. I thought his body was cooked, after years of carrying the team and his bash and crash style of play.

I would have understood if he was traded to one of the WA teams (probably Freo) for maybe a first rounders, or a couple of second rounders, along with a player. However he stayed with us, and I was also shocked at the length of contact given to him and thought we’d shot ourselves in the foot, yet again.

But after the first seven round, at least four best on grounds, he cannot be tackled and his goal kicking has been faultless, showing the football world he is back. Despite not getting the plaudits from the media like players such as Petracca, Bonts, and Dusty, he’s probably leading the Brownlow, and will be one of the reasons why we may be still relevant in September.

To Paddy, I apologise for doubting you, keep doing what you’re doing.

For our Bay 13 brethren ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, get the sentiment but wack it where everyone else does. New thread is unnecessarily pompous. Bay 13, fmd......

Pompous? I post in the bae not even sure how to spell the word, but happy for the mods to stick this thread where they (or you) like..

Although the Bont has been consistent his whole career due to having support and less significant injuries, I think Cripps this year thus far has already proven who has won the Bont v Cripps battle.. and it's not as close as people would think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back