ATP Players Capable of Winning Slams

Remove this Banner Ad

Of players not yet mentioned, I can see Khachanov having a one off US open in the same vein as Cilic did. Admittedly he hasn't shown the level of quality Cilic did to win there, but he'll be up against a weaker field and I reckon he'll pounce once in the next decade when the big guns are cooked after the European summer.
I like this call.

Assuming he beats Nishioka, he’s in the QF. Which means he would’ve made the QF at every slam. Not many can say that. Coming off SF at the USO (underrated call by you), he seems to be trending upward. I can’t believe he’s 6’6!

From the players who haven't won one in this order:

1.Tsitsipas
2.Rune
3.Zverev
4.Kyrgios
5.Beretini
6,FAA
7.Sinner
8.Korda

I belive in 5 years at least 4 of these players should own GS title.

Last edited:
So…Popyrin?

It takes a bit more than that.
I would say it is not so much their weapons, but their weakness that makes the player.

Sure, you need a good weapon. And you can use that weapon to be a champion. Roddick couldn't hit a backhand to save himself but his serve(especially) and forehand was good enough to win a title. But if you have a glaring weakness, the best players will find a way to take advantage of it more often than not

A good example of this would be Novak v Medvedev back in 2021. Medvedev was as good if not better than Novak around the baseline in normal rallies. But Medvedev couldn't volley, and so Novak drew him forward and dismantled his game.

After again seeing Korda dismantle Medvedev, he has to win one one day. The guy has so much talent and in terms of game, no apparent weaknesses. It’s only his mental side which can let him down, and obviously in tennis that’s pretty significant. But I think he’ll get there.

Sinner obviously getting closer. Zverev probably about the same as he’s always been, close but not close enough. FAA fading rapidly. Fils at 19 had a great breakthrough year, will be interesting to see if he has some slam breakthroughs next year. Tsitsipas regressing and struggles mightily against the top, top players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After again seeing Korda dismantle Medvedev, he has to win one one day. The guy has so much talent and in terms of game, no apparent weaknesses. It’s only his mental side which can let him down, and obviously in tennis that’s pretty significant. But I think he’ll get there.

Sinner obviously getting closer. Zverev probably about the same as he’s always been, close but not close enough. FAA fading rapidly. Fils at 19 had a great breakthrough year, will be interesting to see if he has some slam breakthroughs next year. Tsitsipas regressing and struggles mightily against the top, top players.

Korda is a maybe and only if the bloke stays fit every time he’s had a performance he’s broken down straight afterwards.

Not sold on Sinner you can quote me I don’t see it, he’ll be in the top 4-5 but won’t win one. If he does would need a LOT of luck

Good to see korda back from injury, definitely has the game to be a top player.

FAA has fallen apart.

Not at the Aus Open. Smells like a joker win.

I do think FAA/Sinner are on a massive rise. One of them will break through this year. I say FAA at the US

Good to see korda back from injury, definitely has the game to be a top player.

FAA has fallen apart.
so.......

One of the best calls ever by me then.

FAA showed so much potential, don't know what has happened to him this year

Found out to be so one dimensional it’s not funny a poor serve bot with inconsistent flat shots it’s never going to work

Found out to be so one dimensional it’s not funny a poor serve bot with inconsistent flat shots it’s never going to work
confidence player.

With no confidence atm. Also, had a shocking record in finals(what was it 0-8), so he can think about things a bit too much.

I wonder if he likes tennis or needs to find his motivation again. Be a very interesting off-season for him

confidence player.

With no confidence atm. Also, had a shocking record in finals(what was it 0-8), so he can think about things a bit too much.

I wonder if he likes tennis or needs to find his motivation again. Be a very interesting off-season for him

He’s at best a SF or QF and that’s with a very soft draw. Just don’t rate him at all, serve and nothing else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back