WTA Players Capable of Winning Slams

Remove this Banner Ad

All about the forehand.

Still, she is so young but will take plenty of time to fix that FH issue which is obviously on her mind atm

For her to win a GS, She would need to fix the FH so it is no longer a weakness and hopes Swiatek loses on Clay(somehow).

She isn’t some great clay courter herself! Look at the joke draw to the final last year- Trevisan in a semi…lost a set to Fernandez who was injured and was out for 2 months afterwards in the QF. Any player with an ounce of a brain puts 90% to the FH and you won’t lose many

Can’t quite believe what I just witnessed. That was an incredible display.

Yep honestly her game is so much better than Gauff dispute the rankings. Actually tipped her.

Brenda vs Kaliskaya on now

She isn’t some great clay courter herself! Look at the joke draw to the final last year- Trevisan in a semi…lost a set to Fernandez who was injured and was out for 2 months afterwards in the QF. Any player with an ounce of a brain puts 90% to the FH and you won’t lose many
She has been consistent on clay for the last 2 years IIRC. She made the quarters in 2021 and should have beaten Krejčíková there. I also think Gauff went to the final of Rome.

She has been consistent on clay for the last 2 years IIRC. She made the quarters in 2021 and should have beaten Krejčíková there. I also think Gauff went to the final of Rome.

Should have just means Kreijikova grew a brain and attacked the u10 forehand. If she gets some joke draw she’s a hope. Thankfully she’s been trounced this year hope she’s ranked 30+ soon. Her in the top 5 is a new low for WTA

I really like Karolina Muchova. All court player with a big serve that can play on all surfaces. Late bloomer because of injuries and always seems to be carrying something which restricts her. If she can get fit and stay fit can see her winning a slam.
Deserves a bump for a solid call. Especially if she wins tonight.

Deserves a bump for a solid call. Especially if she wins tonight.

She has had a lot of abdominal injuries which I think might have affected her serve a bit. She should have put Pav away in two comfortable sets but she was powderpuff on her serve whenever Pav put any pressure on it. Will need to step up a level against Sabalenka/Iga.

I’ve kind of had this feeling for a while. I’m going to say Peyton Stearns. Big forehand, big serve, improving daily.

Her game reminds me a little of Stosur.

Last edited:
Going to fully claim Coco Gauff. She is 90% chance to win a French Open in her career. Should make the final this year

Swiatek can't win them all
I know, I know. Big call here with Coco.

But massive credit to her and her coaching staff. saw she needed change and implemented it. It looked like she went backwards this year until that happened.

But massive credit to her and her coaching staff. saw she needed change and implemented it. It looked like she went backwards this year until that happened.
Yep, can’t say I’m a fan, but what an unbelievable US Open series for her culminating in a maiden GS title. I can’t see her being a dominant player, but I think she’s probably got a few more in her. US Open seems like a great platform for a debut slam.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She struggled on clay this season- I can't see her winning a French Open.

She struggled on clay this season- I can't see her winning a French Open.
but she made the final the year before last.

She has a Swiatek problem at Roland Garros though(doesn't everyone). Has finally beaten her on hard court this US swing. I do think Clay is still Coco's best surface(has great movement on the red stuff), it is also Swiateks best and her best is hard to overcome.

but she made the final the year before last.

She has a Swiatek problem at Roland Garros though(doesn't everyone). Has finally beaten her on hard court this US swing. I do think Clay is still Coco's best surface(has great movement on the red stuff), it is also Swiateks best and her best is hard to overcome.

I wonder if that French Open final appearance was a random result - Let's see how she performs on clay in 2024.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back