WTA Players Capable of Winning Slams

Remove this Banner Ad

here is a name I will be keeping a close eye on. Havent watched her play, outside her 2020 AO junior win. noticed the country she represents and the fact her opponent was sadly, never going to make it.

Victoria Jiménez Kasintseva from Andorra. First time in slam qualies right now and won her 1st match easily and is one win away from the top 200 as a 16-year-old. Beat Coco at Bendigo recently.
Lost in 3 today over 3 hours against the world number #116 Rakhimova in the 2nd round of qualies

Going to fully claim Coco Gauff. She is 90% chance to win a French Open in her career. Should make the final this year

Swiatek can't win them all
Are we sure? ;)

I'll start with Elena Rybakina. When she is on, she is almost unstoppable, but on the flipside when she is off, she can lose to anyone. So as a result she is a hard one to predict, but with her serve and firepower off both wings, she should win a slam one day. She was pretty consistent at the majors this year, and with the exception of the AO her losses were to consistent threats. With players of her ilk, it's a matter of whether they can string 7 quality matches together to capture a slam. At age 22 with a ranking of 17, she's going to have many chances. I think it could take a while for the breakthrough, but I feel it will eventually comes.
well, final incoming.

I feel it is only a matter of time

Linda Noskova. Wow. 18 y/o just despatched top 10 Kasatkina after getting into the draw after qualifying, beating two very capable players in Kalinskaya and Potapova.

Lovely service motion (already serves 180kph), great backhand, capable volleyer, good firepower. Saved a SP in the second set with clean winner. She’ll need to improve consistency of course, she’s only 18, but she looks to have the goods.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Linda Noskova. Wow. 18 y/o just despatched top 10 Kasatkina after getting into the draw after qualifying, beating two very capable players in Kalinskaya and Potapova.

Lovely service motion (already serves 180kph), great backhand, capable volleyer, good firepower. Saved a SP in the second set with clean winner. She’ll need to improve consistency of course, she’s only 18, but she looks to have the goods.

Yeah, big wraps by the commentator from the match

What is it with Czech tennis players? Just an endless production line of great female players

here is a name I will be keeping a close eye on. Havent watched her play, outside her 2020 AO junior win. noticed the country she represents and the fact her opponent was sadly, never going to make it.

Victoria Jiménez Kasintseva from Andorra. First time in slam qualies right now and won her 1st match easily and is one win away from the top 200 as a 16-year-old. Beat Coco at Bendigo recently.
I hope she doesn’t show that GS winning potential today against Lys ;) Well maybe a bit but not a lot.

Okay any bumps or late predictions before the AO kicks off?

I think Sabaleka looks good, as does Bencic. They’re scheduled to meet in the 4R which sucks. I think provided they both get there, whoever wins will win the tournament.

Okay any bumps or late predictions before the AO kicks off?

I think Sabaleka looks good, as does Bencic. They’re scheduled to meet in the 4R which sucks. I think provided they both get there, whoever wins will win the tournament.

I've tipped Kudermentova a month ago but I'm starting to tip Bencic actually. I'll stick with my original pick but Bencic looks so much better on serve this time round

Well, given that he has now won a Grand Slam, this is a little ironic. Nevertheless, I think Rinky Hijikata can and will eventually win a Singles Grand Slam. I realise it's risky to generalise about someone so early in their career and based on a small sample of performances, but from what I've seen of him thus far, particularly tonight in the Doubles Final, he seems to be a special player. He exudes the natural talent of Kyrgios and possesses all the ferocity, tenacity, and endearing charisma of De Minaur. He was out there serving 200-kilometre bombs with precise accuracy. He was also returning nearly every serve so effectively, which led the commentators to say by the end of the match, "He could become one of the best returners of serve that we have seen." Who knows? He could be anything. But I just have a feeling about him.

I’m going to throw Potapova’s name into this discussion. Been super impressed with her this season, her improvement is noticeable. Good offensive game, with strong defensive skills and a great fighter. My only concern is come the big moments, the biggest points, and her ability to stay cool and still go for her shots. Great talent.

I’m going to throw Potapova’s name into this discussion. Been super impressed with her this season, her improvement is noticeable. Good offensive game, with strong defensive skills and a great fighter. My only concern is come the big moments, the biggest points, and her ability to stay cool and still go for her shots. Great talent.

Saw her match last night. On clay a big chance if she gets a draw who knows. Match vs Iga next will be very interesting

Actually finishing off the match last night will do her the world of good as I agree with you has the tendency to make poor UE’s sometimes.

LOL at Coco though 58 unforced errors in 17 games with 38 off the forehand side..

I can't see Coco winning a GS, I don't know about her game there is something missing but I'm not sure what it is. Maybe it is her game plan.

Easy her forehand is abysmal and that’s being kind. Good players and now average players hit 90% to that side and she hits a mountain of UE’s

Remove this Banner Ad

Back