Players changing roles in 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

susurrar

All Australian
Apr 30, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
i was intrigued by Noble's answer to one of the questions in the SEN interview on players changing roles. he seemed very excited about it and it sounded as though he had already made some suggestions in early meetings. he didnt name any names in the SEN interview. maybe someone who knows how to could post the interview.

what do you think? any ideas?

id like to hear about some possible moves you think might happen. thanks.

Xerri going to play as our 2nd ruck/2nd tall option calling it now.
If he's going to take over goldy's spot he's desperately going to need more games and Noble knows it.

He did mention in one of his pressers that he would look at playing a second ruck option playing forward

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
i was intrigued by Noble's answer to one of the questions in the SEN interview on players changing roles. he seemed very excited about it and it sounded as though he had already made some suggestions in early meetings. he didnt name any names in the SEN interview. maybe someone who knows how to could post the interview.

what do you think? any ideas?

id like to hear about some possible moves you think might happen. thanks.
He said he wants more pace in the midfield...can I get a hellajula!

3 years ago he would have put Atley into the mids - but Atley wont be first 22 anymore.

At this stage we don't have alot of options for him but it could mean R2, Stevo and even TT getting a crack in the pre season games to see if they can add anything in there.

It will also mean the end of Froggy, Cunners and even JZ being in there together! Can I get another hellajula! No more than 1 inside mid at any one time!

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If he's going to take over goldy's spot he's desperately going to need more games and Noble knows it.

I'm not sure how I feel about this in terms of him being effective in the role and an overall boon to the team, but if we've locked ourselves in to hit the draft again and just treat next year as a development year then we simply HAVE to give him multiple cracks in the seniors.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm not sure how I feel about this in terms of him being effective in the role and an overall boon to the team, but if we've locked ourselves in to hit the draft again and just treat next year as a development year then we simply HAVE to give him multiple cracks in the seniors.
Kids only played 4 games and will be 22 coming into the 2021 season.
Has shown some good signs of his aggression and with some consistency could be that big agressive focal point in our forward line.
Reckon he can kick 50+ meter goals like its nothing too, always seems to be holding back when going for short goal shots.
But if he is to be our next goldy then he MUST play games. 2-3 years in the seniors and that means about 50+ games to his name when he takes the top job. A lot better than if he just gets stuck in the reserves for the next year or 2.
Goldy got pushed out a little when being double teamed in 2020 so might appreciate someone competent enough to take the job to give extra bench time or rest up forward.

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yep, I picked up on the 2nd ruck in the forwardline comment

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Taylor, Thomas, Stephenson, Scott, Perez and possibly Hollands. Could see all of them rotating all over the ground in the future.

It's a bit of a pointless discussion these days mate.

Contemporary tactics has 2-5 players in each team that patrol 50% of the ground, another 6-8 that patrol 65-75% of the ground and the remainder going everywhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Will never forget his left foot mung torp, in the 94 prelim. I was sitting level 2 in the Ponsford, right near the Southern stand. My old man told me I was adopted, that's how upset he was.

I should have crippled him when I played sport with him as a kid.

Agenda 21

Club Legend
Mar 9, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I should have crippled him when I played sport with him as a kid.

kP8AURXj_400x400.jpg

Northwards

Senior List
Nov 22, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
In regards to Noble saying he wants to run with 2nd ruck/Fwd, it seems 50/50 from a lot of posters (more informed than me) that Xerri may not be the answer especially as a forward. lthough I personally like how he goes about it and he’s shown a little bit.

Nobles comments on 2nd tuck/Fwd makes me wonder if we may be seriously considering drafting Thilthorpe ?

I think the three talls in defence are set, Taz, BMac and Corr. I suspect we'll only play two tall forward so either Xerri or Walker will partner with Larkey - or Thilithorpe or Logan MacDonald if we pick them up in the draft. Goldy will spend more time forward to create the mismatch with lots of pacy and hungry smalls at their feet.

We need to a lot more players to the midfield mix (Bonar, Kyron, Jaiden, Atley, L Mac, Will Walker, Thomas and Mahoney) as well as seeing Jed spending more time in a forward pocket to apply extreme pressure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back