List Mgmt. Players Contract Status - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would jake niall know? He seems to be the most bumbling wreck on tv. How he got that gig i will never know. Can he please put his hands down when hes talking....he waves them around more than an italian man
i like Jake Niall, one of the better journos going around imo (also pretty sure he's a pies supporter)

I don't barrack for the Pies but I am always super impressed when Buckley speaks.

I was wondering if any Pie supporters saw any merit in trading Cloke to a club like Fremantle. They desperately need a key forward post Pavlich and it would free the Pie's salary cap.

Cloke is 30 next year and still has good currency.

Moore and Gault are the future for the key forwards.

This not a get up the "Pies" post as AFL is the better for a strong Collingwood side.

No doubt he'd attract interest, but I do doubt he'd attract a price that would make it worthwhile trading him.

What do you think Freo would realistically trade for him?

No doubt he'd attract interest, but I do doubt he'd attract a price that would make it worthwhile trading him.

What do you think Freo would realistically trade for him?
Plus many clubs would be hard pressed to fit Cloak's wage bill into their cap
Though yes Freo would be the one's to talk to We have done very well out of Freo

I reckon a few clubs will ask about him but its still way to premature to figure out whether they will keep or delist him. Clearly if he rebounds strongly then you'd be mad to cut him but it would be 50:50.

In terms of clubs who will want him. In my view plenty. If North fall just short they would be into him, if Patton left GWS certainly would and the Dogs are likely along with Hawks as well if they feel that he bridges the gap for them to have a red hot go. Also think Tigers and under some scenarios Dons / Swans might ask. Swans might if they felt Tippett best served in ruck.

HS reckons two teams looking at Brown at end of year, Brown assessing his options as Keefe, Scharenberg, Marsh & Frost all ahead of him.

But they aren't all ahead of him. He has simply dropped a bit of form. He will be back. Frost, White & now Cloke have all had a spell in the VFL to regain form.

This is a list of our free agents

Jarryd Blair – Restricted (8 years)
Nathan Brown – Unrestricted (10 years)
Brent Macaffer – Unrestricted (9 years)
Dane Swan – Unrestricted (15 years)
Alan Toovey – Unrestricted (12 years)

Not likely but we might get something for Brown, Toovey and McCaffer. For Brown and Toooooovveeeeyyy cult heroes I know but I think the pace of the game has passed them but someone might pick them up. McCaffer not sure - he'd be competing with Greenwood for a spot in the 22............ but McCaffer on his day........ Blair could definitely get something for him once we get Elliott back I'd think we could cover Blair. Thoughts?

Not likely but we might get something for Brown, Toovey and McCaffer. For Brown and Toooooovveeeeyyy cult heroes I know but I think the pace of the game has passed them but someone might pick them up. McCaffer not sure - he'd be competing with Greenwood for a spot in the 22............ but McCaffer on his day........ Blair could definitely get something for him once we get Elliott back I'd think we could cover Blair. Thoughts?
My first thought on seeing your list was how the ... would Blair be a restricted FA - given restricted FAs are in the top 25% of our club's salaries http://www.afl.com.au/afl-hq/the-afl-explained/free-agency
I thought it must be some creative accounting to back end his contract to get him restricted.

I then checked the list here http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-03-03/the-2016-free-agent-list
and Blair is unrestricted. Only Brown is restricted and I guess that means Swan was on front ended contract.

My first thought on seeing your list was how the ... would Blair be a restricted FA - given restricted FAs are in the top 25% of our club's salaries http://www.afl.com.au/afl-hq/the-afl-explained/free-agency
I thought it must be some creative accounting to back end his contract to get him restricted.

I then checked the list here http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-03-03/the-2016-free-agent-list
and Blair is unrestricted. Only Brown is restricted and I guess that means Swan was on front ended contract.
Funny enough I got that from the same source as you did the AFL website, alas can't argue with you

Please tell me what we definitely would get for Blair?

He is a limited role player only way we would hope to get anything of worth is if he went FA and the compo system spat out something in our favour.

Edit: Of your list Brown is the one who holds the most value. Dogs, Hawks, GC, Melb, Freo, Rich, Carlt would all likely have a sniff at him.

Please tell me what we definitely would get for Blair?

He is a limited role player only way we would hope to get anything of worth is if he went FA and the compo system spat out something in our favour.

Edit: Of your list Brown is the one who holds the most value. Dogs, Hawks, GC, Melb, Freo, Rich, Carlt would all likely have a sniff at him.
Agree only Brown holds real value.
All the others would be OK as minor gain to no gain

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blair - not going anywhere, gets regular games at the Pies and seems to be a coach favourite.
Brown - personally I think we need him but he does have trade value and with Cloke and Witts we could end up with a high first round pick.
Macaffer and Toovey - can't see them getting a regular game but don't have a lot of value.
Swan - I'd love to see Swanny play one more year just to go out on his terms but he doesn't have any trade value and it would be heartbreaking to see him play elsewhere (sort of like seeing Shaw in a GWS jumper... it's just wrong)

Is Marley Williams out of contract. Ed Langdon us likely to leave us and there are rumours he wants to join his brother at Collingwood. Perhaps a straight swap.

Is Marley Williams out of contract. Ed Langdon us likely to leave us and there are rumours he wants to join his brother at Collingwood. Perhaps a straight swap.
You can check the OP for the years the contracts expire. Williams Contract will expire at the end of the year.

You can talk about it in the trade thread we have if you want :thumbsu:

Might take place after the VFL finals.
It's possible, but the Saints have announced theirs, and they're in the VFL finals...

Gues we'll have to wait and see...

HS reckons two teams looking at Brown at end of year, Brown assessing his options as Keefe, Scharenberg, Marsh & Frost all ahead of him.

Is Frost ahead of him now? I wouldnt have thought so and was surprised any of them are. Brown played last 6-8 games and Buckley spoke highly of him. Not sure buy the argument that they were 'fattening him up for trade / FA value' as Buckley was more than happy to relegate Cloke to the reserves if form warranted it. Schazza isnt a FB, Marsh has a long way to go in my view still, Keefe I think if he could discover his form would be ideal and Frost well I am just not sure but maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back