damuzzdu

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2007
Hotel California
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal FC
Updated with de-listings and Josh Thomas re-signing.

upload_2017-10-13_2-45-31.png

Darkyprotector

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
He's slow, one paced and a poor kick of the footy/decision maker.

His only weapon is "contested ball" which is overrated as we don't need that. We have plenty of players capable winning the inside ball and he won't be getting games ahead of Pendles, Sidebottom, Adams, Treloar, De Goey, Wells, Greenwood.
Hell he isn't even better than Aish- who many still think is struggling.

I just don't see how we could have given a complete mature-ager with minimal weapons, such a deal.

He's a late bloommer
He has grown in height and has played as a forward
Can kick a goal and played this role in vfl this year
Great tackler
Averaged 110 supercoach last 5 games 2016 and made the hawks look around with his intensity at the man and ball
Injured ( growth spurt)
Keeper on low coin, respected by the group
Will be best 22 when fit
Earmarked as a defensive forward ( Townsend style)
Hope this helps

Tittan99

Rookie
Oct 10, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
We still need to pick up 3 more players in this years draft (mandatory by AFL). With brining in that Sam Murry from the swans I think it means we need to let go of both Sinclair and Sier. Also, I reckon we only keep one of Ramsay or Smith, Scharanberg has gone way past both of them, and with Crisp playing off the half back, I think we only need one of them for depth purposes.

Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chelsea
I thought Blair was out of contract this year?

Just checking out the contract list, I'm confused as to whether De Goey, Moore and Maynard are contracted until the end of 2018 or not?

This source from our club's website suggests that they're contracted until the end of 2019, but maybe this is typing error.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2016-03-10/the-men-of-2018

MagpieBat

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Ruby
Jan 22, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL, #TeamBatman

It's been established through 3 different sources (Jake Niall last nigh, Mick Gleeson and the AFL previously) that Blair is contracted for 2018, after having previously only signed for 2017 at the end of 2016. He was signed to this new 1 year deal prior to July 21st.

HFF

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
FC Barcelona, Liverpool, FC Bayern
He's a late bloommer
He has grown in height and has played as a forward
Can kick a goal and played this role in vfl this year
Great tackler
Averaged 110 supercoach last 5 games 2016 and made the hawks look around with his intensity at the man and ball
Injured ( growth spurt)
Keeper on low coin, respected by the group
Will be best 22 when fit
Earmarked as a defensive forward ( Townsend style)
Hope this helps

I just don't see it.
Happy to be proven wrong but "a big body" doesn't justify his lack of weapons particularly around his kicking and decision making.
Not to mention he's on paced.

This is why we struggle- too many "triers" in the team without the polish and class.

damuzzdu

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2007
Hotel California
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal FC

Just checking out the contract list, I'm confused as to whether De Goey, Moore and Maynard are contracted until the end of 2018 or not?

This source from our club's website suggests that they're contracted until the end of 2019, but maybe this is typing error.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2016-03-10/the-men-of-2018

Think that's a typing error.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-14/collingwood-resigns-de-goey-moore-and-ramsay

This says 2018 for Moore & JDG.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-australia-20150722-giie3i.html#ixzz3gcWUyA9u

Down the bottom of the articles says Maynard is signed until 2018.

Darkyprotector

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
We still need to pick up 3 more players in this years draft (mandatory by AFL). With brining in that Sam Murry from the swans I think it means we need to let go of both Sinclair and Sier. Also, I reckon we only keep one of Ramsay or Smith, Scharanberg has gone way past both of them, and with Crisp playing off the half back, I think we only need one of them for depth purposes.

Think Rama will be of west
Sinclair, seir rookies ? Smith delist/rookie
I like Collins ,Balic
Suggest we might get a suprise

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 2, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Promoting Josh Thomas to the senior list will count as 1 of the 3 required list changes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schraderbrau

Cancelled
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Surprised smith hasn't been given a contract given he played most games this season and seems a coach favourite.

Looking at that the 2018+ contracts is pretty miserable reading tbh. we'd definitely be a contender for the most number of contracted list cloggers in the AFL. Someone should be held accountable tbh, it's a complete mess.

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
Surprised smith hasn't been given a contract given he played most games this season and seems a coach favourite.

He played all games in 2016. Was in and out this year.

Different position, but has a bit of Sam Dwyer about him IMO. A bit of a nice surprise first year, but just doesn't have enough weapons to stay up. Granted, Smith is a fair bit younger than Dwyer was, but I think he's depth at best.

Different position, but has a bit of Sam Dwyer about him IMO. A bit of a nice surprise first year, but just doesn't have enough weapons to stay up. Granted, Smith is a fair bit younger than Dwyer was, but I think he's depth at best.
Would've thought Dwyer was more compared to WHE.

Smith not in the same convo for me.

Schraderbrau

Cancelled
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

Yeah I think he's got some significant issues with his game and wouldn't be in my best 22, or 25 for that matter. Was just surprised to see he hasn't been signed up given he's obviously a favourite.

He didn't average 110, he averaged 82.6 pretty big difference

grayza2018

Club Legend
Oct 31, 2017
The Cottage
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Fulham
How long has Murray signed on for? 2 years?

Not sure about Smith getting a new deal either. Would rather go to the draft or get JT onto the senior list with that spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back