List Mgmt. Players Contract Status - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'd love for us to shop Greenwood and Langdon.
There'd be some takers for them- not overly fussed on maximising the compo, just need to move them on now and free up cash and space.

Blair is a given that he should go.

Be lucky to get a packet of twisties for Greenwood.

Kilmo

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2014
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thats someting I have wondered also but havent seen it written up

Hopefully one year. It would seem likely the Swans would have only been offering 1 so we would be wise to follow suit. He has had 2 years in the Swans system so this season should be make or break for him. If he doesnt make senior footy this year you would hope we have the option to delist him.
Hopefully ten years! ;)

On the topic of ten year contracts, what's Grundy's current contract status?

Hopefully ten years! ;)

On the topic of ten year contracts, what's Grundy's current contract status?
Yep I was clearly wrong in my concerns re Murray. Rapt to acknowledge it

Mar 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

Go Woods

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I hope the club has already drawn up prospective extensions for Moore,JDG,Sharenburg and Elliot these guys must be priority signings before moving on anyone else..

Sep 25, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gippy Power
I hope the club has already drawn up prospective extensions for Moore,JDG,Sharenburg and Elliot these guys must be priority signings before moving on anyone else..

Depends on what you have to pay for a guy (Elliott) who looks like at the age of 25 he has stuffed hamstrings and a bloke who at the age of 20 already has a body with limited durability.

Macgyver

Team Captain
Dec 1, 2004
Wangaratta
AFL Club
Collingwood
I saw on social media Footscray supports talking about the Bont coming out of contract. They were suggesting anything up to 1.4 for multiple years. Makes 700k for JDG seem like a steal as one is in the top 30 most destructive players in the league and the other hasnt had a kick for a season and a half.

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
The amount of in form players we have that are currently out of contract is concerning. We have a lot of work to do. Luckily some overpaid older players are also out of contract which will free up room

Earl Hickey

Team Captain
Nov 12, 2009
Shepparton
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Lebron James
The amount of in form players we have that are currently out of contract is concerning. We have a lot of work to do. Luckily some overpaid older players are also out of contract which will free up room
Read last night from Mark Stevens that Ben Reid was about to sign a contract extension, will likely see him stay a Pie for Life.

damuzzdu

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2007
Hotel California
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal FC
4 players re-signed this evening. So here is an updated situation of Collingwood players and their contract status.

upload_2018-5-22_20-6-42.png

Darkyprotector

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Interesting resigning Reid
Rapt with seir an Stephenson
Happy for lynch , he has something to offer

Imo Fasolo. , broomy , aish, Blair, sack and smith all under the pump

We're gonna need about 6 spots available for our drafting list needs

Who gets traded?

Who gets traded?
Think Aish has done enough to remain on list, was playing well prior to his injury. I would also keep Broomhead - has been really unlucky with injury.

Scritchyscroony

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle United FC

Who gets traded?
Aish is safe. Goldy and Broomy will be given 1 year. We don't delist players after serious injury and that includes Fasolo.
Fasolo maybe traded.
Blair, Smith, Oxley gone.
If Wells can't get on the park consistently we should just pay him out his last year.
Greenwood could be moved on. Adams thrown up as trade bait.
Moore, Degoey, Shaz will be trade targets for other clubs.
The future of Kirby is also still unclear as far as I know.

Mar 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Aish is safe. Goldy and Broomy will be given 1 year. We don't delist players after serious injury and that includes Fasolo.
Fasolo maybe traded.
Blair, Smith, Oxley gone.
If Wells can't get on the park consistently we should just pay him out his last year.
Greenwood could be moved on. Adams thrown up as trade bait.
Moore, Degoey, Shaz will be trade targets for other clubs.
The future of Kirby is also still unclear as far as I know.

I'd say Varcoe probably is gone after his latest hammy. Pity, but he's had a good career.

So: Blair, Oxley (on rookie) I'd say definitely gone. I'd say Goldsack will probably retire (or be asked to). Adams will stay, since he's highly rated. My guess is, Fasolo gets traded. Varcoe retire. I'd move Smith on, but seems to be a Bucks favourite. That's 4-5 changes. The rest: sign them!

Aug 31, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I seriously don’t get how we are being reported to be tight on our salary cap. All I could think of is Treolar’s contract is seriously back-loaded.
I understand the club doesnt want to come out and say “we have 6 million free” as we have so many players out of contract.

Delist/Retire :
Oxley
Blair
Smith
Greenwood*

Rookie :
Greenwood*
Broomhead
Goldsack

Re-sign on heavily performance based contracts:
Aish (injury prone, but can play ok)
Brown ( Give him a 2 year extension )
Daicos ( same as brown )
Elliot (injury prone. 400k max)
Dunn ( 1 year deal or 2 with triggers)
Kirby ( same as Dunn)
Fasolo ( same as Dunn) or FA

Re-sign :
Langdon (3 years)
WHE ( 3)
De-goey (4)
Moore (3/4)
Thomas (3)
Mclarty ( 2)
Appleby

The players on heavily performance based contracts, we can afford to lose as they’re either:
Injury prone
Veterans
We have surplus of the players in that position.

I’m always reminded of Clinton Young leaving Hawthorn for a few extra dollars and missed out on a ew premierships.

Mihocek and Magden are wait and see’s.

I don’t think our salary cap is a push at all. Apart from Pendles, Treloar, Wells and maybe Grundy, who else could be on decent money?

Given it appears from several years of speculation that the Pies have been planning on having a very big year personnel-wise end of 2018 I would assume someone at the club made some space in the cap.

If you are off to the car yards to purchase a new car you don't go wearing an Armani suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back