Prediction Players likely to retire at/by years end

Remove this Banner Ad

Does the leagues oldest player Burgoyne go on next year?

Reckon Barlow retires

Before his pair of hamstring injuries this year, I'd have said Burgoyne 100% goes on. Now I've dialled it down to about 80% chance. Is still playing good football and hasn't lost too much of his athleticism.

From the Hawks, Rioli has obviously already retired. Birchall has barely played the last two seasons, and may consider it.

Roughead I think has one more season in him.

Before his pair of hamstring injuries this year, I'd have said Burgoyne 100% goes on. Now I've dialled it down to about 80% chance. Is still playing good football and hasn't lost too much of his athleticism.

From the Hawks, Rioli has obviously already retired. Birchall has barely played the last two seasons, and may consider it.

Roughead I think has one more season in him.
I think Burgoyne said he wants to go on again recently but I feel like he should retire this year.

I think Burgoyne said he wants to go on again recently but I feel like he should retire this year.
He’s been pretty bloody good these last couple of weeks. I’m sure it wouldn’t be a huge contract if he goes around next year and I’d still rather a 36 yr old silk than a Langford, duryea or obrien who are still getting gigs in our team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the club will want him to play on and make an offer. He wasn't hung ho about it when asked before his 250th, so maybe.
Still played some very good football forward of the ball this year?
I'd imagine he plays one more year on a reduced contract.

Still played some very good football forward of the ball this year?
I'd imagine he plays one more year on a reduced contract.
I'm not even sure his value will reduce. If he offers the bean counters will jump at it I'm sure, but I dont think he should.
He's playing some great footy forward this year.
It's just when he was interviewed about longevity prior to his 250th he said from memory

" I dunno it gets harder, with the young guys more challenging every year"

I could be reading too much into it, but he seemed like he was considering it in his own mind.

Heath Shaw? I may be remembering wrong, but didn't GWS suggest he should "consider his future" last October? I hope he keeps playing.

Blair will retire and Oxley will be cut.

Will be interesting to see how Clllingwood manage the perennially injured but contracted Reid and Wells. Goldsack has said he wants to play even if it’s for free next year so will probably be rookied if available to select.

Heath Shaw? I may be remembering wrong, but didn't GWS suggest he should "consider his future" last October? I hope he keeps playing.
Nah
That was Mummy. Heater was originally contracted to the end if this year. His contract was extended a year quietly a year among credible reports the club extended and backended ha contract to free up cash to keep Kelly this year.

It's possible he might decide the injury is a sign, he's 32. I doubt it though and cant see the club pushing him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back