Players linked to your club that (in hindsight) you are glad you missed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 29, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
While watching the game tonight I suddenly remembered that North heavily courted Josh Caddy a few years back but ultimately he chose the Cats over us. In hindsight, missing out wasn't such a bad thing, Caddy is at his third club and hardly setting the world on fire, the cost was approximately a first rounder and at present inside midfielder/medium forward is not an area of need.

We were also linked to Vickery last year which shapes as a significant dodged bullet.

Even JOM with his continued injury challenges would have cost us Simpkin at the least. Seems like a good miss in hindsight.

Curious to hear other examples where 'not quite working out' turned into the better alternative.

Travis Cloke was linked to us last year. Despite our need for a KPF, he wouldn't have fit in with our age demographic or gameplan (We're playing one of the youngest and shortest sides each round) and he would've retired by the time we were ready to contend.

Essendon was also linked to Jaeger O'Meara. So they dodged a bullet there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember some freo fans on twitter getting excited when Jesse White's name popped up as a possible recruit.

Cloke, Mitch Clark are two good ones already raised but I reckon either of those blokes fit and in form would have got us a flag.

Historically when Pav was out of contract and Adelaide mentioned as a destination Nathan van Berlo's name was thrown up which made me throw up.

Travis Cloke was linked to us last year. Despite our need for a KPF, he wouldn't have fit in with our age demographic or gameplan (We're playing one of the youngest and shortest sides each round) and he would've retired by the time we were ready to contend.

Essendon was also linked to Jaeger O'Meara. So they dodged a bullet there.
Shouldn't Richmond be trying to contend this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back