Players on your list that would get a game anywhere?

Remove this Banner Ad

docko911

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Richmond
As the title says which players from your club would get a game at any other AFL club (or all but one or two). You can also do other clubs if you wish.

I like the premise of this thread so much. I can so picture it going ugly in virtually every possible way so very soon.

I don't think there needs to be arguments it's just getting an idea of where people rate their list compared to others outside their club.

For example I can probably only name 6-7 Richmond players and yet we finished 15-7 last year. It would be interesting to see how others perceive each club and their own.

Nick Riewoldt, what team couldn't use our running man. Hawks could sure use a big forward right about now, would be a great foil for Kennedy at West Coast, take pressure off Hawkins at the Cats, maybe kick straighter then Cloke and be an awesome tandem with Moore at the Pies etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think there needs to be arguments it's just getting an idea of where people rate their list compared to others outside their club.

For example I can probably only name 6-7 Richmond players and yet we finished 15-7 last year. It would be interesting to see how others perceive each club and their own.
Settle mate. I don't think there needs to be arguments either. The OP is good.

Just have a suspicion that some world class nose out of joint action could so easily transpire.

But I'll have a go regardless. For Melbourne it's a bit complex - a lot of the class is in younger players. Hogan get a run at most clubs. Viney is a guy a fair few teams would clear a spot for - also maybe N Jones, though would depend on said team's current setup for what places are there. Melbourne certainly has a lot of young players teams would certainly include on their list, but whether they walk in next week on game day again depends on the particular team and what their strengths and weaknesses are. I think in time Max Gawn will be walk up start for most teams, but North wouldn't pick him next week over Goldie.

Other teams, after Monday I can't see anyone turning down Danger at the moment.

This is actually pretty challenging

Last edited:
Selwood, Dangerfield, Taylor, Duncan, Guthrie, Hawkins, Enright, Blicavs, Caddy

There are plenty in each team, if you take them as an individual.
Not so much with midfielders. Duncan, Guthrie, and Caddy are good players, but would they get games ahead of Wallis, Hunter, Libba, Macrae, etc, at WB? Viney, Tyson, Brayshaw, etc, at Melbourne? Not necessarily. And likewise a lot of those midfielders wouldn't get picked for Geelong.

Think this thread is more about players with standout talent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back