'Players running out of time' - WADA boss David Howman urges co-operation

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ian - Dank said he has an email from WADA/ASADA approving the use of AOD.
He is prepared to reveal this email in court if he has to.

I mean, it really can't be much clearer than that.

Its all over Ian.
Sorry mate.

Time to move on to your next legal case.

Why would your club go through all of this if they had a letter and why do they need the federal police to recover it. People don't communicate via letters, emails are official, documented, dated and timed, if he did wave around a piece of paper that should have sent off alarm bells in itself.

If if if.......if it's any consolation to you, the 1st paragraph of the original 3 was the least tripey.

hahaha, anyway lets agree to disagree. reality is none of us know where this is going to finish, so its all speculation

I'd love to go back into melbourne tanking threads and see essendon fans slamming them even though melbourne have far less evidence for tanking compared to dons and peds

Well there you go - Not sure why we're even bothering with an investigation and lawyers and all that other stuff.

Thanks for your scintillating and intelligent contribution.

I'm not here to scintillate you.

There are quotes from news articles posted on BF's Hot Topic thread ad nauseum, I suggest you look them up. Do your own research. :cool:

This applies only to a handful of teams. Unfortunately for you, Essendon isn't one of them.

To be fair, the only group Essendon belong to, is being investigated for potentially doping their players.

Stop acting like victims.

If you think the other 17 clubs are clean, you are kidding yourself. If Charter is right, 6 of 10 Melbourne clubs have some pain coming after his ASADA interview.

As for the illicit drugs, you have a CEO of the comp who bans illicit drugs and promotes the game for doing so with one hand, and lets players cover it up with the other. If a player OD'ed on coke, and it was found out he avoided 3 strikes by working the loophole on several occasions, do you think his club and family will just shrug their shoulders and go "oh well, it was in his own time and Vlad shouldn't interfere". By asking for that information, he became responsible for the consequences on how he managed it.

We are all (for the most part) asking for a significant number of EFC management to be sacked for allowing a system that allowed this PED abuse to occur. They didn't condone it, probably weren't aware of it, but their failed to do their job to protect their players. How is Vlad protecting players using illicit drugs by allowing self reporting so as to bury the results?

Protecting the brand, can't see it therefore it didn't happen. Same reason why they don't have an external audit of all supplement programmes, or commission more than one test per player per year. No failed tests means no ped problem. No audits means no systemic problem.

Sigh - the AFL set the penalty.
Jesus. Have people still not grasped this yet.

ASADA could say 2 years and the AFL could say 2 games and the penalty would be 2 games.
Nothing to do with luck.

Legal process should ensure no bans are given out.
I guess the ASADA ruling on Matt Clark taking the supplement he believed to be OK doesn't suit your viewpoint...

VFL player Matt Clark knew he was going to be drug tested and took supplement anyway
Clark, a 21-year-old former captain of Dandenong Stingrays who played alongside Tom Scully in the under-18s TAC Cup, was banned for nine months after ASADA referred the case to an AFL Victoria Tribunal.

It effectively ruled Clark out of the 2012 season, but he copped the decision knowing he could at least focus on a return next year.

But nine months was not enough for ASADA, which swiftly appealed against the decision.

"Three weeks later, my lawyer alerted me that they had appealed it," Clark said. "They want the maximum two years."

"The work at state league level has been very stringent in repeating a constant theme that performance enhancing drugs are unacceptable at any time," AFL spokesman Patrick Keane said.

SUPPLEMENT'S HIDDEN RISKS

HEMO Rage Black, and other supplements such as Jack 3D, are designed to give athletes a pep-up before a workout.

Authorities believe it can give an adrenalin-like high.

Clark last year took Hemo Rage Black when it was still available over the counter, despite containing a banned substance - DMAA, or dimethylamylamine.
VFL player Matt Clark knew he was going to be drug tested and took supplement anyway

Like Clark, Essendon falsely believed that their supplements weren't banned by WADA.

Thats why you investigate and confirm the allegations before you start passing sentence
Let me suggest you investigate the allegations or complaints, and if a case can be put before an arbiter, leave it to the arbiter to determine guilt, and then take submissions on a penalty, if guilty.

Let me suggest you investigate the allegations or complaints, and if a case can be put before an arbiter, leave it to the arbiter to determine guilt, and then take submissions on a penalty, if guilty.

That's what I'm saying. I'm against evidence being untested just because the source is dodgy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a general aversion to calling in evidence from a dodgy source.

And thats why you need to gt supplementary evidence to support it, only an idiot would trust these guys without collaborating info

ASADA could say 2 years and the AFL could say 2 games and the penalty would be 2 games.
Sigh
You are wrong
ASADA are responsible for penalties on individual players.
AFL are responsible for penalties on the team as a whole.
The only thing you seem to have grasped is your own member.....ship.

CAS has final jurisdiction over player penalties (subject to WADA/ASADA appeals), as per their charter, of which the AFL is a signatory.

How can you debate the issue when you don't know the basics.

ASADA is governed by the Federal govt and have way more executive power than the AFL.

lol, if it was up to AD and the AFL they would be banned for the NAB cup only and fined $200,000 , AFL are farce they will do anything to protect the brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back