Players that most deserved a flag

Remove this Banner Ad

You did so well until you metioned Richo

He's a long way off that list

I have a soft spot for Richo. He has his faults but he is unfairly judged by many.

He might night be Carey but his goal kicking accuracy is similar.
He might night be a Franklin but he is as mobile and better above his head.

If he played for a better side and had better control over his emotions, we might be comparing Carey and Franklin to him rather than the other way around.

I have a soft spot for Richo. He has his faults but he is unfairly judged by many.

He might night be Carey but his goal kicking accuracy is similar.
He might night be a Franklin but he is as mobile and better above his head.

If he played for a better side and had better control over his emotions, we might be comparing Carey and Franklin to him rather than the other way around.
...and if his Aunty was a bloke she'd be his Uncle
Richo is miles from these 2, and if he played in a better side he wouldn't have been the target 80% of the time so would (maybe) have kicked less goals.
Carey is (IMO) the best player of the last 40 years.

Most will probably laugh at this, but Richie Vandenberg really deserved to benefit from Hawthorn's recent era of success. He was hugely key in helping Clarko shift the poor club culture at Hawthorn to what allowed the club to go on and achieve what they have in the past decade. And he was massively unlucky to retire the year before the club won the 2008 flag.

And had Crawf not been part of the 2008 flag he would definitely be on this list for sticking with the Hawks for his entire career despite attractive offers from other clubs.

Yep, what Richie lacks in flags he more than makes up for in flying the flag against the Bombers that one day. Full mad-man eyes..

But he's the only hawk that does deserve another flag.
So how about he moves to another team before winning it?
Not true.

Ryan Burton and JOM deserve flags too, for pushing through injuries that were meant to end their football dreams.

Not true.

Ryan Burton and JOM deserve flags too, for pushing through injuries that were meant to end their football dreams.

Nah.
JOM doesnt deserve a flag for trying to join the best team of the time.
That deserves a bunch of near misses or outside top-8 finishes. Or somehow if GC could win a flag.

Burton doesnt deserve anything either (Although he may have deserved the RS win). Plenty of players get partially overlooked because of serious injury.

Jake Lever and Fogerty from AFC spring to mind.

Nah.
JOM doesnt deserve a flag for trying to join the best team of the time.
That deserves a bunch of near misses or outside top-8 finishes. Or somehow if GC could win a flag.

Burton doesnt deserve anything either (Although he may have deserved the RS win). Plenty of players get partially overlooked because of serious injury.

Jake Lever and Fogerty from AFC spring to mind.
Ryan Burton, JOM, Roughie all deserve flags for pushing through adversity.

Tom and Jarman too.

Gunston and Henderson deserve more flags for having to live in Adelaide for so long.

I can think of so many reasons that Hawthorn players deserve more flags.

Ryan Burton, JOM, Roughie all deserve flags for pushing through adversity.

Tom and Jarman too.

Gunston and Henderson deserve more flags for having to live in Adelaide for so long.

I can think of so many reasons that Hawthorn players deserve more flags.

Gunston has won way too many for a sookie mummys boy.
Also will be found out as an average player now that your team isnt star studded any more.

Henderson is a hack. I just feel you havent noticed his glaring weaknesses yet. Theres a reason he wasnt getting a game at Adelaide.

Jarman might deserve one for managing to slide his way out of getting done DUI.

Gunston has won way too many for a sookie mummys boy.
Also will be found out as an average player now that your team isnt star studded any more.

Henderson is a hack. I just feel you havent noticed his glaring weaknesses yet. Theres a reason he wasnt getting a game at Adelaide.

Jarman might deserve one for managing to slide his way out of getting done DUI.
All well deserving premiership heroes, you're just angry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From Geelong-
Ben Graham- stood by Geelong after Colbert left, and he had several enticements to leave, and was our rock at both ends of the ground, until 2006, and the rest is history.
G Hocking, Couch, Brownless, GAblett snr, Stoneham, Bews, Bruns -89, 92, 94, 95- pretty tragic.
Peter Riccardi- a shining light when others failed.

All well deserving premiership heroes, you're just angry.

Was angry when Gunston left.
The rest are so meh. JOM overrated and came at the wrong time. Henderson rejected from AFC.
Burton we couldn't afford to take the risk on after doing it with Lever the year before. Risk worked out well for Hawthorn. Glad the kid gets to show what he's got, as he wasnt expected to be able to get back to that level after his injury.

But back to the topic.
People saying Pavlich was better than Nathan Buckley...

Robbie Flower

From the Blues
Des English and unfortunately Kade Simpson
I thought these players should have at least played in GF's. Flower was a super player, but unsure he ever played a GF.

I thought these players should have at least played in GF's. Flower was a super player, but unsure he ever played a GF.

I think he played his first finals series in 1987 when Melbourne were heartbroken by a goal after the siren in the Preliminary final.

It may have been just his only opportunity to play a GF, but i think it was his only finals series.

He was the first AFl player I ever met, at his sports store. He was very nice and humble.

Was angry when Gunston left.
The rest are so meh. JOM overrated and came at the wrong time. Henderson rejected from AFC.
Burton we couldn't afford to take the risk on after doing it with Lever the year before. Risk worked out well for Hawthorn. Glad the kid gets to show what he's got, as he wasnt expected to be able to get back to that level after his injury.
All future premiership heroes. Don’t be angry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back