Players that most deserved a flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Nobody deserves a premiership.

Of course they don't but it's probably just semantics. Players whom it would be nice if they got to win a flag is probably more accurate.

Winning a premiership has a not insignificant element of being at the right place at the right time - just ask Fletcher Roberts.

Straightforward question.

Which players on an AFL list, by misfortune or dint of playing in an otherwise bad team, have not got themselves a premiership medal, but really deserve one.

My first instinct is my personal football hero, Kade Simpson.

He's clocked up the 300, given everything to the club, plays with complete bravery. And because he's been a champion at the club throughout some of our darkest periods, hasn't seen any reward.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/players-that-most-deserved-a-flag.1183425/

:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dan Menzel has done the work to earn one.

Deserved..... harder to call

GO Catters

Brendan Whitecross.... I know i am not alone thinking this. Two knee recos in two GF years.

When they were walking off the ground in the 2013 Prelim.... Cyril said to him: "now it is your turn to play a GF".... Whitecross broke the news to Cyril he had done his knee again.

Superstar who hasn't quite got there.

Totally agree it would be a shame if he ends his career without one.

Similiar to Nat Fyfe and back into history Nathan Buckley, who deserve it on the back of being such incredible players.

Fyfe or Danger don't deserve one. If they weren't injured for a GF, then they don't. Freo lost to the Hawks, thus, he doesn't deserve s**t and Danger hasn't been in a team that made the gf, so he also deserves nothing. Murphy though, he would.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back