Oppo Camp Players that nearly were Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Dean Solomon early 2000's. Not a bad thing that it never happened because his form really dropped off at Freo.

On the Lockett trade at the end of '94 ... weren't the players consulted and sent a message to the club that we didn't need him, and that noone wanted to break up the playing group? Stand to be corrected.

On the Lockett trade at the end of '94 ... weren't the players consulted and sent a message to the club that we didn't need him, and that noone wanted to break up the playing group? Stand to be corrected.

I hope you're wrong. Anyone thinking that Tony Lockett wouldn't improve your team must have had rocks in their head. Best full forward that I've ever seen. He was my favourite non Richmond player for years.

I believe Tony Lockett was very close to a deal to come to Tigerland back in the day, roughly around 1993 or so. I think we couldn't come to terms with the Saints and he ended going up to the Swans.

Also, from memory (which could be shaky), the cats were shopping around Steve Johnson. Pretty sure his dodgy knee at the time plus his discipline worries put us off. Gee, he would have gone alright.
I'm pretty sure the AFL stepped in and got him to the swans with salary cap assistance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nick Maxwell said that himself that Richmond offered him a healthy contract.

Also, I think Daicos might have been offered a contract once, or spoke.with Richmond.

Dean Solomon early 2000's. Not a bad thing that it never happened because his form really dropped off at Freo.

never heard that, were rumours though that maxfield and daffy who were mooted went to ground and didn't wanna be a part of it

In serious

Justin Blumfield
I still rate him one of the most disappointing wastes of space ever to appear in a RFC jumper, just wasn't fair dinkum from the moment he stepped into the joint, off field indiscretions if I recall...and was plain woeful onfield, from where he came from and his performance levels at ess it was unforgiveable

He kicked tons in 95, 96 and 98, in addition to kicking 80 in 1999. If we scored Plugger we would've played in 5+ finals series and been in premiership contention for a couple of them (95 and 98 in particular).

And now they've brought in GWS and the Gold Coast to hold a duopoly on the flag when we're at our peak. AFL continually ******* us over in the name of expansion.

Don't get ahead of yourself there Barry. Lets look at the quality of delivery he would have had over that period. Lets face it the Tigers have not been reknowned strong forward entries over the pat couple of decades. If Richo had better quality balls coming in to him he would have kicked 1100 goals (482 out on the full but 1100 goals lol)

I know she is the least credible journalist in the country, but I remember Caroline Wilson running an article in the mid-2000's about Jonno Brown coming to the tiges. Was pretty excited until I saw who the journo was reporting it.

I know she is the least credible journalist in the country, but I remember Caroline Wilson running an article in the mid-2000's about Jonno Brown coming to the tiges. Was pretty excited until I saw who the journo was reporting it.
Never heard that one, knew we were into Alastair lynch before he went to qld on a ten yr deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back