List Mgmt. Players under the pump 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Gray is playing basically the same impossible role as Travis Boak where they're expected to receive the ball upfield with no support, nobody to kick to, and retain possession long enough for support to arrive while being swarmed by defenders. A signficant proportion of the board would have Boak outside the best 22 at this point.

If we blow up the gameplan and start again we could potentially get a lot more out of both of them.
Boak would have to be under the pump. I agree that he is entirely unsuited to the role given him but if he can't play midfield anymore I don't see a spot for him and trying to manufacture a role for him isn't working and it's just keeping a kid out of the team. Not sure what happens to his captaincy now.

I don't want Sam Gray delisted, I just don't want him to be the automatic lock in the 22 regardless of form that he has been over the last couple of years. He'd be perfectly serviceable depth if the coaches rated him as the 30th or so player on our list, which on talent is about where he should be.
Play him against bottom 8 teams. Not against top 8 teams.

To focus on senior players...Watts and Rockcliff under most pressure.

A number of the players mentioned will be under pressure to survive past this season, but the most obvious one to me is McKenzie, he got his pants pulled down in the snafl too often to suggest he is a chance of being reliable back up at AFL level.

I was more than surprised he got a contract extension, and suspect he has already played his last AFL game.

A number of the players mentioned will be under pressure to survive past this season, but the most obvious one to me is McKenzie, he got his pants pulled down in the snafl too often to suggest he is a chance of being reliable back up at AFL level.

I was more than surprised he got a contract extension, and suspect he has already played his last AFL game.
My 47th best player on our list, I have Alfie ahead of him tbh.

What is particularly infuriating about AJ is it feels like he's pissed the AFL opportunity up the wall through doing dumb s**t with Impey/clearly rocking up to pre-season underprepared.

Ill add an outside the box name.

Tom Rockliff.

Came here as a free agent, injury interrupted pre season leading into last year and never really looked the player he was at Brisbane.

Obviously not under the pump in the sense the guys named above, but will defiantly be extra keen on a big year to prove his recruitment was a good decision not a bust.
It's not outside the box from a general perspective, but it is from a remaining on the list perspective .

This year's delisting possibles IMO

Trengove - 100% - Hopefully make him our SANFL Captain.
Hewett - 99%
McKenzie - 95%
Broadbent - 90%
Frampton - 75%
Ladhams - 50%
AJ - 50%
Amon - 50% - More likely to be let go, for more opportunities elsewhere.
Cox - 25%
Frederick - 25%

If Sam Gray is gonna be on the list then so should Boak.

Billy shouldn't be under too much pressure either - depth with height and age on his side, would be crazy to cut him without giving him a crack

Otherwise a decent assessment

Of those on the list I really hope AJ can turn it around. When he is on there are very few on our list I like watching more, just spends way too much time off the boil in both 1s and 2s

Frampton can survive if they focus on turning him into tall forward backup. He's not an afl ruckman

AJ doesn't appear to have any genuine football instinct. If he couldn't run very very fast he would never have got anywhere near an afl list. Now that we've brought in some genuine pace and he's spent the off season working on his burger and beer consumption skills his card should be marked.

Regardless of his form this year could we move Rockliff onto the rookie list at the end of the year to free up half his fat salary?

Frampton can survive if they focus on turning him into tall forward backup. He's not an afl ruckman

AJ doesn't appear to have any genuine football instinct. If he couldn't run very very fast he would never have got anywhere near an afl list. Now that we've brought in some genuine pace and he's spent the off season working on his burger and beer consumption skills his card should be marked.

Regardless of his form this year could we move Rockliff onto the rookie list at the end of the year to free up half his fat salary?
Not how rookie listing players work, the max you can shave off their contract is the base payment of a rookie listed player, anything above that goes into the cap. So you'd still be paying him well over 650k anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't want Sam Gray delisted, I just don't want him to be the automatic lock in the 22 regardless of form that he has been over the last couple of years. He'd be perfectly serviceable depth if the coaches rated him as the 30th or so player on our list, which on talent is about where he should be.
In theory this is true. Unfortunately history shows if he's on the list he gets played when he shouldn't be. Which leaves he should be off the list (player list, not under the pump list).

Boak ebert and Sgray for mine are senior players who were / are best 22 that are under the gun.
Sgray is depth at best now.
Boak isnt a HFF and if he cant crack the midfield his position should be in trouble.
Ebert, if he cant tidy up his disposal etc hopefully a few younger guys pass him also

If broady can’t get his foot right he may just retire

Aj needs to lift immensely

Hewitt needs to show he exists

Trengove wont be on the list past this year but is very solid depth

Mckenzie in the same boat as Trengove

Ladhams, framptom and Cox need to show they have/can develop to stay on the list

And amon is gone

Probably 5-8 list changes next year

There was talk Broadbent would retire a few months ago. He's not looking good. Running laps after surgery months and months ago is probably an indication of how his rehab has been going. Up and down.

I don't think he'll make it back. He'll probably get picked, stink it up and then play out the rest of the year in the SANFL before retiring.

There was talk Broadbent would retire a few months ago. He's not looking good. Running laps after surgery months and months ago is probably an indication of how his rehab has been going. Up and down.

I don't think he'll make it back. He'll probably get picked, stink it up and then play out the rest of the year in the SANFL before retiring.
If he retires mid year can we replace him with a rookie under the new rules?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I've got a line through Amon rather than him being under the pump.

He requested a trade and doesn't want to be here and isn't good enough anyway. Will be 100% gone in 11 months time.

Other players should be given an AFL game instead when the opportunity presents itself.

If he retires mid year can we replace him with a rookie under the new rules?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Yes.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-04/afl-brings-in-midseason-rookie-draft-for-2019-

Mid-season rookie draft (date to be confirmed)

• Should AFL clubs have a list spot available or one is created through a player being placed on the inactive list, they will be able to add a player to their rookie list and select players based on reverse ladder order at a mid-season date to be specified.
  • To be eligible, players must re-nominate for the mid-season rookie draft.
  • Clubs have first rights to re-contract their drafted player or he becomes a delisted free agent.

Not sure if Under the Pump is the right term seeing as he only just re-signed but one player that need to lift is Ollie Wines.

I was pretty disappointed in his 2018 season. Everything was set up for him to play himself into the role of Club Captain, but instead his form mirrored our season with a few good games, a few horrible games but mostly just meh. If AFL was purely analytical or “Moneyball” you could mount a case that based on Ollie’s output the past few seasons, we would be better off with Cameron Ellis-Yolmen, who would give you 80% of the output at 25% of the price. Now ideally Ollie will fix his kicking, dominate games and take his game to that next level where he is in AA calculations….but we’ve been waiting for that since 2014.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back