List Mgmt. Players who could have been Academy Players

Remove this Banner Ad

Unless I have misread the rules, we only have access to indigenous talent from The Kimberley region. The other zones are just for multicultural players, not indigenous players.

So Hamling, SPS, Cedric and Daniel Cox, and Francis Watson would have all been possibilities if the academy was already in play.

Although I still don't understand why Cedric and Francis weren't allowed to be Cat B nominations for us this draft. Hopefully whatever technicality it was won't similarly limit our future academy prospects.

Franklin in the Mid-West - he went to school in Perth and did not board. Surely that disqualifies him?

Reality is, zones are probably fairer and even out to a better result over time.

The longer a kid is in a quasi-AFL environment, surely the better the end product? Which obviously helps with the AFL's major interest.

We are a WA club, and we should primarily have WA players. There is no shortage of good footballers in this state and enough to construct a really good side. I still think it'll inevitably be the future in 30 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back