Cruyff14

TheBrownDog
Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
neymar was never going to be ronaldo/messi level. the likelihood is that no one else will be, but neymar still have a better than 1/2 goal to appearance ratio, will likely pass pele as brazil's top scorer and is a global superstar. i dont think he hasnt met his potential at all. all while playing out wide most of his career. only injuries have slowed him down.
I think he could have left a bigger imprint on the game if he didn't play at PSG though.

go you pups

Hall of Famer
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Mata? Not sure if he's been mentioned yet.

Was killing it at Valencia and Chelsea over say a 3-4 year period, then fell out with Mou.

Just a handy role player it seems for most of his United career. Not the star main man as what he once was.

Cruyff14

TheBrownDog
Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal

Was killing it at Valencia and Chelsea over say a 3-4 year period, then fell out with Mou.

Just a handy role player it seems for most of his United career. Not the star main man as what he once was.
Hm. Not sure.

He was elite in Valencia/Chelsea days but I am not sure if he was ever tipped to be in the upper echelon of players?

go you pups

Hall of Famer
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Hm. Not sure.

He was elite in Valencia/Chelsea days but I am not sure if he was ever tipped to be in the upper echelon of players?
He was headed that way at the time

He definitely hasn't had a bad career, just he wasn't elite for long.

TubbsFarquhar

Hall of Famer
Jan 18, 2009
I Don't Know
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Sturt
It feels like Jazunaj has been around forever yet he's only 26. Has been decent at Sociedad but given how highly touted he was, you would've thought he'd be playing for a bigger club.

Martial is heading that way too.

jd2010

#freeWelly #freeDele
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Yeah maybe. But they're still relevant calls IMO.

Some just never got there when they should have though, like Balotelli.

I think another good shout is Kevin Prince Boateng.
I think KPB for a small amount of time got to the mad level many thought he'd get to

UnitedWarrior93

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs

Nah, Mata was great at Valencia, superb at Chelsea and has had a solid career with United, reached his potential.

UnitedWarrior93

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
Luke Shaw another good shout? Not sure if he was tipped to reach the heights of some other players ITT though.
A case for one of if not the in-form LB in the league at the moment, prior to his broken leg he was tracking really well, has taken some time to get back to that level but he’s there.

He’s starting to provide assists from that left side now and takes our free-kicks & corners.

moomba

TheBrownDog
Oct 3, 2001
Timperley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man City ****
moomba Micah Richards?
Yeah, injuries play a part but he'd say that he could have applied himself more.

Was great in our 11/12 title win, really looked like he was taking his game to the next level.

Got a really bad injury in tge Olympics and never really recovered. A lot of talk that Villa refused to play him after a bit cause it woukd gave triggered another payment to us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad