Players who haven't reached their potential

Remove this Banner Ad

Ousmane Dembele. Freddy Adu.

Adu was more hype rather than potential wasn’t it? Not sure how it exactly came to be, but the hype and media coverage etc he started to generate (from as young as 14 I believe?) was massive and would’ve been very overwhelming for someone of that age.

Odegaard I believe? I’ve probably botched his spelling.

Edit, just googled it. He’s back at Madrid and has a made a few appearances so far this season.

Odegaard would be like 18 or 19 right? He's still a kid.

21 and his development is tracking along nicely. He had a great spell on loan at Real Sociedad last year and was supposed to go back there again this season but Real Madrid decided to hold on to him in the end. A lot of people bizarrely wrote him off the instant he opted to sign for Real Madrid ahead of all the other European clubs that were lining up for him.

21 and his development is tracking along nicely. He had a great spell on loan at Real Sociedad last year and was supposed to go back there again this season but Real Madrid decided to hold on to him in the end. A lot of people bizarrely wrote him off the instant he opted to sign for Real Madrid ahead of all the other European clubs that were lining up for him.
He should have gone to Ajax really, would be world class by now.

And it's way too soon to write him off, only 21. Will get far I reckon.

He should have gone to Ajax really, would be world class by now.

And it's way too soon to write him off, only 21. Will get far I reckon.

He would have found his path to the first team blocked at Ajax though, they had an excellent team. I think Real Madrid have handled his development brilliantly with the loan moves they arranged to the Eredivisie and then, when he was ready, a step up to Real Sociedad to get him acclimatised to Spanish football. He's a joy to watch.

Agree that he'll go far. Especially with Modric and Kroos approaching the end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Balotelli.

Could have been brilliant, shame his head was never screwed on properly.

The way he destroyed Germany in the 2012 Euro semi final is something I’ll never forget. He was almost untouchable that night. And that iconic celebration will forever live in my memory.

daniel sturridge.

one really, really good season at liverpool, only scored 10 goals in the league on 2 other occasions and was off to turkey by 30, and now doesnt have a club.

good nom - looked an absolute star alongside Suarez in that 13-14 season

Great shout this I think.

Definitely should be a top 3 CM in the world and hasn't reached the heights everyone thought he would at Juventus.
How can you like this jod23 then go on and argue that Coutinho’s reached his potential. Wouldn’t the same argument apply here that Pogba reached it at Juve?

Great shout this I think.

Definitely should be a top 3 CM in the world and hasn't reached the heights everyone thought he would at Juventus.
D045B479-940A-4E7F-A1E0-6B06DF354F97.jpeg

Actually out-performing his Juve spell which I think hails back to Buckleys Jocks point about his time at Juve being very overrated, and the media in the UK is hellbent on pushing the flop narrative. Not been worth the price paid, and it was paid by over valuing his time at Juventus but not as bad as many make out.
How can you like this jod23 then go on and argue that Coutinho’s reached his potential. Wouldn’t the same argument apply here that Pogba reached it at Juve?
Have you met jod23 before. No man on here is more bias.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back