Players who haven't reached their potential

Remove this Banner Ad

I smile seeing his name now.
1611484460398.png
hh8ulgh7ng34yiFKsycGVHLeXdY=.gif

View attachment 1045260

Actually out-performing his Juve spell which I think hails back to Buckleys Jocks point about his time at Juve being very overrated, and the media in the UK is hellbent on pushing the flop narrative. Not been worth the price paid, and it was paid by over valuing his time at Juventus but not as bad as many make out.

Have you met jod23 before. No man on here is more bias.
Those stats don’t really paint the full picture and are hardly fair comparison when you consider Pogba started out at Juve when he was 19 whilst has been in his prime the whole time at ManU. His last two years with us where hardly overrated.

The flop narrative comes from Pogba being an easy scapegoat and the ridiculous expectation put on him at ManU.

If Pogba has a quiet game at Juve, Vidal, Marchisio or Pirlo would pick up the slack and no one would bat an eyelid. Pogba has a quiet game eith ManU and they lose all hell breaks loose against him.

How can you like this jod23 then go on and argue that Coutinho’s reached his potential. Wouldn’t the same argument apply here that Pogba reached it at Juve?
Not really because Coutinho was never bandied about as the best AM in the world or potential to be etc. Where as Pogba was apparently the next big thing, future best CM in world football but he never really reached those heights, at Juve or United.

United fans, will or does Antony Martial belong in here? Buckleys Jocks RPCB

Clause in his contract to win the golden ball isn't there, but that looks like it has 0 chance of happening.

Yeah, not a bad shout at all.

I genuinely think that he's one of the most naturally talented footballers that I've ever seen at the club but he has never really looked like having the desire or application needed to make the most of it.

Yeah, not a bad shout at all.

I genuinely think that he's one of the most naturally talented footballers that I've ever seen at the club but he has never really looked like having the desire or application needed to make the most of it.

Totally agree.

Martial definitely belongs on here. This season has been a great disappointment after last season.

Martial has never seemed too fussed.

Maybe too much too soon.

He's always been that way. It was the knock on him when he first signed with United as I remember reading comments from some of his youth team coaches about him struggling to apply himself.

Luke Shaw another good shout? Not sure if he was tipped to reach the heights of some other players ITT though.
That broken leg really set him back wasn't a standard break think I read somewhere there was a chance he could have lost the leg.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luke Shaw another good shout? Not sure if he was tipped to reach the heights of some other players ITT though.

Disagree with this one. He's been one of United's best players since the COVID restart and has expanded his game considerably this season.

That broken leg really set him back wasn't a standard break think I read somewhere there was a chance he could have lost the leg.

The mental scars obviously stuck around for years as well. At his best he fearlessly bulldozes down that left flank but he just looked devoid of any confidence and was too timid when it came to using his pace for a very long time there.

Disagree with this one. He's been one of United's best players since the COVID restart and has expanded his game considerably this season.

The mental scars obviously stuck around for years as well. At his best he fearlessly bulldozes down that left flank but he just looked devoid of any confidence and was too timid when it came to using his pace for a very long time there.
He's in the top 3-5 left backs in the league imo

Neymar.

Should have been on Ronaldo/Messi (or under) level by now with All his talent, but he has not put it all together for various reasons

Absolutely shocked to see that he just turned 29 yesterday.

Mans been 25 since forever

Neymar.

Should have been on Ronaldo/Messi (or under) level by now with All his talent, but he has not put it all together for various reasons

Ronaldo and Messi’s level?. We are talking about two footballers who are genuinely two of the greatest to ever play the sport.We are not talking about just anyone here, these are icons who have scored 700+ career goals for club and country each. We will never see the likes of Ronaldo and Messi ever again when they retire.

Neymar was never reaching that level.

Think Quaresma is a good shout here. Huge things were spoken about him early on but he clearly didn't reach the heights that people thought he would get to.

Hulk, Pato and Robinho are three others as well I'd add while I am at it.

I always thought Hulk would have joined a big team after he left Porto rather than going to Zenit and then China.

neymar was never going to be ronaldo/messi level. the likelihood is that no one else will be, but neymar still have a better than 1/2 goal to appearance ratio, will likely pass pele as brazil's top scorer and is a global superstar. i dont think he hasnt met his potential at all. all while playing out wide most of his career. only injuries have slowed him down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back