gbear

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 27, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
We all know that the coach needs to be gone, but there is also so much dead wood on our current list. This year has been a wasted season and unless substantial change occurs at all levels our 150th will suck balls.

It is definitely time for the following to leave, as they do not add any value to the playing group:

Ryder
S Gray
Westhoff
Motlop

*PAF

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Port Adelaide - Nathan Krakouer Player Sponsor 2015 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Feb 17, 2005
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We lost because of the umpiring.
There it has been said, so no more sooking about the umpiring.

*PAF

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Port Adelaide - Nathan Krakouer Player Sponsor 2015 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Feb 17, 2005
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We could have bribed them and it wouldn’t of helped.
The only way we would have got a greater percentage as we sure didn't deserve it.
In a sick way I hope we do not get junk time goals as the score needs to reflect the game.
We got clobbered. Really really smashed.

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Listening to Blight the other night about cutting all those senior players when he got there.

He said, you look at the results over the last 2 or 3 seasons which were all poor and outside the 8. The senior players are the ones that set the tone of the club. If these guys aren't getting the job done, even if they are great players, you look at getting them out and resetting the football club.

It makes a lot of sense. The same blokes have been letting us down for years. We need a new coach and a clean out of senior players. Even players such as R Gray and T Boak should not be off the table.

PJ Power

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 13, 2003
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Listening to Blight the other night about cutting all those senior players when he got there.

He said, you look at the results over the last 2 or 3 seasons which were all poor and outside the 8. The senior players are the ones that set the tone of the club. If these guys aren't getting the job done, even if they are great players, you look at getting them out and resetting the football club.

It makes a lot of sense. The same blokes have been letting us down for years. We need a new coach and a clean out of senior players. Even players such as R Gray and T Boak should not be off the table.
Yeah, I heard Blight’s comments too and found myself nodding my head.

It’s why Northalives is correct IMO for playing down R Gray’s greatness. Whether we want to admit it or not, Boak, Gray, Westhoff, Hartlett, Broadbent, Ryder, Wines, Wingard have all been key members of the most unsuccessful and embarrassing era of Port Adelaide history.

Mark Williams coached a side that won three minor premierships, finished top 4 (after H&A) four years in a row and played in finals six years out of our first 9 in the AFL. That puts the underachievements of the administration, coaches and players of the post 2007 era in a very damning light.

Windy Cindy

Premiership Player
May 16, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

It’s why Northalives is correct IMO for playing down R Gray’s greatness. Whether we want to admit it or not, Boak, Gray, Westhoff, Hartlett, Broadbent, Ryder, Wines, Wingard have all been key members of the most unsuccessful and embarrassing era of Port Adelaide history.

Mark Williams coached a side that won three minor premierships, finished top 4 (after H&A) four years in a row and played in finals six years out of our first 9 in the AFL. That puts the underachievements of the administration, coaches and players of the post 2007 era in a very damning light.
Harsh call on gray

Time and time again he puts in. He stands up in most games and in most big games.

I’d give Hartlett another chance but agree with the rest.

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1

Is not grays fault.. He has played his part.
Drop any individual great of the club into this era of ports and they wouldn't have the finals success. Put Robbie in any port adelaide era, he would still be a great of the club.

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1
Build the side around Ladhams Lycett Hayes Butters Duursma Rozee atley drew Farrell Billy Marshall clurey dougal woodcock Cox pudney Fredricks Burton Garner patmore lienert Houston Dbj amon grundy watts maybe Motlop (small forward only)
Boak, robbie

Keep these, the rest pack your bags, send them to the gold coast, GWS, st Kilda, carlton, wherever.. keep one or two, Ebert, Hartlett. As senior leaders at the Maggies.

Trading out wines, spp we can get some value there, readyy made players, moving Dixon Rockliff on they'll get us nowhere.
Sending Jonas wherever, Broadbent would enjoy the gold coast..

Really need a clean out.

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Am I right in saying Rockliff has 2 more years on his contract? FMD. I have NEVER rated him. All these Supercoachers telling me what a gun he was. Stat padding plodder....on $700k for 2 more ******* years. Motlop and him. * Hinkley but these 2 list cloggers with big contracts in both time and money are on Davies.

Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

It’s brutal but we need to do whatever makes the group stronger. Look at Clarkson cutting all-time club greats like Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis, Roughy etc. The bloke shows absolutely no mercy because he’s only thinking of how he can get better and win this year. Seemingly nothing is off the table in pursuit of this goal and I have no doubt that they’ll zoom right past us in no time because of this.

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It’s brutal but we need to do whatever makes the group stronger. Look at Clarkson cutting all-time club greats like Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis, Roughy etc. The bloke shows absolutely no mercy because he’s only thinking of how he can get better and win this year. Seemingly nothing is off the table in pursuit of this goal and I have no doubt that they’ll zoom right past us in no time because of this.

You are right. But there's still many many people on this board who haven't accepted trading Wingard and Polec. Both of those I'd consider gutsy calls by the club, Wingards in particular. So it's not like we are immune from making the tough calls.

Our problems are who we've traded in, not out. Of the big names we've traded in over the last 5 years I'd say only Lycett has outperformed expectation....and Hinkley has dropped him.

Magpiespower

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan
Dec 16, 2004
Salisbury
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
All bets are off farken.

Robbie and Trav are the only vets I'd keep. But if they wanted to chase a flag and play finals footy in their twilight years, I wouldn't begrudge them. I'd make it happen.

The rest can all gagf. But we won't get sweet fa for most of them. So we're probably stuck with them.

Ollie would have the most currency. And if CD could work a sweet deal, I'd trade him in a heartbeat. But his stock would be at an all-time low.

Hand the keys to this busted sh!tbox over to X, Zak, Connor & co. ...

Last edited:
Back