List Mgmt. Players who should not be at Port in 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

You are right. But there's still many many people on this board who haven't accepted trading Wingard and Polec. Both of those I'd consider gutsy calls by the club, Wingards in particular. So it's not like we are immune from making the tough calls.

Our problems are who we've traded in, not out. Of the big names we've traded in over the last 5 years I'd say only Lycett has outperformed expectation....and Hinkley has dropped him.

What drove those decisions though? Polec got an insane offer, Wingard was seemingly put in the too hard to manage basket. It’s not the same as Clarkson saying thanks for your service but I want to win and I can’t do it with you again soz not soz.

Hinkley wouldn’t trade Ollie in a million years the way he did Chad, despite his performance being far inferior, just because he likes him and that’s the difference between champ and chump.

Polec is still a downhill skiier with no heart.

Wingard was the hard pill to swallow. We did well out of that trade, it's just important that we don't let this regime ruin Burton and Duursma.

The biggest issue I have with moving on Wingard & Polec is we were sorta sold that they were a big part of the soft underbelly and attitude problem.. yet here we are again.

That awkward moment when the office scapegoat finds another job. The campfire goes out and everyone starts feasting on each other.

You are right. But there's still many many people on this board who haven't accepted trading Wingard and Polec. Both of those I'd consider gutsy calls by the club, Wingards in particular. So it's not like we are immune from making the tough calls.

Our problems are who we've traded in, not out. Of the big names we've traded in over the last 5 years I'd say only Lycett has outperformed expectation....and Hinkley has dropped him.
There's gutsy ..

Then ******* dumb Wingard and polec were dumb

There's gutsy ..

Then ******* dumb Wingard and polec were dumb

Were they? Polec was offered a sweetheart deal by North that would have been a poor business decision to match.

Wingard, yeah, may come back to bite, may not. Did some great things for Port but had stagnated. Had another substandard 2019.

Considering the complete incompetence of the head coach I'm loathe to give players their marching orders based on how they play under his terrible game plan, structures and positioning.
We saw what can happen to players when complete incompetence is replaced in 2013.

Some players are obviously passed it though, Broadbent is too slow now, Ryder is cooked and has been passed by ladhams who can get possessions around the ground..
I would like to see players like Drew/Atley get a shot over Rockliff who also looks broken.

SPP plays like someone who has been told he is gone so not quite willing to give up on him yet. I wonder if his relationship with Hinkley is beyond repair which is why he plays like he doesn't give a s**t.
Westhoff has now played as a full forward, a full back and god knows what else but not as a wingman. This after winning our B&F last year. How do you suddenly not know where to play a 250 game player? Same nonsense Hinkley has inflicted on Howard. Both guys get a pass for next year.
Dixon coming off a horrific injury. You give him this year to get back to fitness and confidence in the leg.

Yeah, I heard Blight’s comments too and found myself nodding my head.

It’s why Northalives is correct IMO for playing down R Gray’s greatness. Whether we want to admit it or not, Boak, Gray, Westhoff, Hartlett, Broadbent, Ryder, Wines, Wingard have all been key members of the most unsuccessful and embarrassing era of Port Adelaide history.

Mark Williams coached a side that won three minor premierships, finished top 4 (after H&A) four years in a row and played in finals six years out of our first 9 in the AFL. That puts the underachievements of the administration, coaches and players of the post 2007 era in a very damning light.

Boak, Gray, Hartlett and Broadbent don't deserve to be put down in the same category as Westhoff, Ryder, Wines and Wingard.

I would be happy with any or all of the remaining four never playing for us again.
You can add Motlop and Rockliff also.

Were they? Polec was offered a sweetheart deal by North that would have been a poor business decision to match.

Wingard, yeah, may come back to bite, may not. Did some great things for Port but had stagnated. Had another substandard 2019.

No one truly expected us to match the North deal, another year at no extra money would have been enough. They clearly didn't want to keep him.

Wingard was clearly scapegoated. He was forced out, we were told he is unprofessional and a big problem, we were made to think we'd be better off. Wines then comes out of ruins his shoulder wake boarding and Wingard was the guy who was "unprofessional".

Getting Rozee, Duursma and Burton for Wingard no may make that a good long turn deal for us how ever that doesn't change the above. I said it at the time Wingard > Wines.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boak, Gray, Hartlett and Broadbent don't deserve to be put down in the same category as Westhoff, Ryder, Wines and Wingard.

I would be happy with any or all of the remaining four never playing for us again.
You can add Motlop and Rockliff also.

Only Boak and Gray should be immune to harsh criticism.

Wingard stagnating at Port is a myth you should all drop. He has had 10 games where he has had 30 touches or more, 4 of them were in the second half of last year, in two other games he had 16 and 4 goals, and 24 and 2.
Ffs just because the club run a smear campaign does not make it true. He is a gun, we were stupid to get rid of him, although we did ok out of the trade, as we bloody should have. But let's not pretend Chad was struggling, wasn't any good,or stagnating, he was just in a very poor system run by very poor people.

Wingard stagnating at Port is a myth you should all drop. He has had 10 games where he has had 30 touches or more, 4 of them were in the second half of last year, in two other games he had 16 and 4 goals, and 24 and 2.
Ffs just because the club run a smear campaign does not make it true. He is a gun, we were stupid to get rid of him, although we did ok out of the trade, as we bloody should have. But let's not pretend Chad was struggling, wasn't any good,or stagnating, he was just in a very poor system run by very poor people.
He was wasted early up forward then moved into the middle and dominated. Had he played there all year he probably wins his second BnF.

He was wasted early up forward then moved into the middle and dominated. Had he played there all year he probably wins his second BnF.
The thing is we played a style that made it impossible for any forward to do well.. It was the worst year of footy I've ever seen, worst style of game any port side has ever played. 11-4 can eat a bag full, we were trash, never any good. Chad struggled like all forward would under that rubbish.

He will win a Norm Smith medal before he is done.

Lol at people wanting to send out Boak or Grey.
Boak has been in all australian form most of the year.
Robbie is a Port legend people want to do a dirty on because of Hinkley and co. Ridiculous.

Its not Robbie’s fault that the majority of his teammates are gutless hacks. He is an out and out champion of this football club.
Only way he and Trav aren't here next year is if they chase a flag. They can't hang on for Hinkley to be moved on, they don't have that long left.

Broadbent does my head in. Cant turn half circles looks like hes going to ping a hammy every time he chases. Can easily find a half decent kicking quick young back flanker in the draft or state leagues or better yet use one of the 4000 we have.

Delist list cloggers - Hewett Johnson Trengove McKenzie Sutcliffe Broadbent

Trade (players with some sort of currency) - Frampton Ryder Amon Drew/Atley and one of Powell pepper rockcliff or wines. Lets face it the latter two arent going anywhere we can get more value with powell pepper.

Our starting mids are so blatantly slow rockcliff wines are mostly slow plodders. Then the third starting mid is either boak or gray who are entering twilight. Powell Pepper is the only one with speed and gets played forward. Wont be surprised if he gets the chop

I would delist, retire or trade

Hartlett
S gray
Broadbent
Trengrove
Westoff
Dixon
Mckenzie.
Spp

Time to make a statement

Remove this Banner Ad

Back