List Mgmt. Players who should not be at Port in 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

We're on record as saying the top 30 from this draft are the only ones we have interest in, and Hinkley is on record as saying we've done a major turnover pre this year, and that we'll likely be pretty stable through the trade/draft.

I expect 3 draft picks maybe 4 max. And probably 3 rookie picks.

We have 47 players currently.
40 Main List
4 Cat A Rookies
2 Cat B Rookies
1 Mid Season Rookie

Trade:
Ryder
S Gray
Amon

Delist:
McKenzie
Trengove
Hewett - RL Cat A
Sutcliffe - MSR

Promote:
Ladhams
Lienert

Leaves us with:
3 Main List Spots
3 Rookie Spots

AJ leaving would make it 4 main draft spots. So if we lose S Gray I could see him remaining.

This is also basis losing 3 and not gaining anyone through trade. I think we should be confident enough dead wood will be cut

Westhoff should not be playing for us.

He should be going for glory with a Geelong or Collingwood, have a shot at the title, whilst our younger players take over.

Bad call IMO

S. Gray had an okay year but seriously, glad to see him gone. Was never going to get any better, got the most out of himself and his abilities so he deserves credit for that. Will do well at the Gold Coast

S. Gray had an okay year but seriously, glad to see him gone. Was never going to get any better, got the most out of himself and his abilities so he deserves credit for that. Will do well at the Gold Coast
S. Gary shopping himself around is kinda funny who is gonna play him more than Hinkley lol

Seeya though mate haha

Westhoff should not be playing for us.

He should be going for glory with a Geelong or Collingwood, have a shot at the title, whilst our younger players take over.

Bad call IMO
I think he should be concentrating on his fruit & vegetables thing he needs to retire.

Been saying for 5 years we'll never be a good side with S.gray in the team. He is a great depth player but unfortunately he has been a first 22 selection.

We used him as if he was a 6ft7 110kg tall sometimes which was baffling.
As a small forward he was fine but never had flare that most good smalls have

On SM-A705YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Have a soft spot for Sammy being 1 of the last true port boys and wish him well wherever he lands. Will always remember the candy and left foot goal in the showdown but his best position is in the midfield.
Always busted his guts more than you can same for many but moving him on is the right decision.
I have big hopes for woodcock in Sammy's spot.

Tbh I have never rated Sam Gray and if he moves I wish him well. Hinkley can't pick him if he's not on the list. I do really like Tobin Cox, a genuine goal kicker, great mark. Probably doesn't have the tank yet but that'll come with a couple of pre seasons.

Have a soft spot for Sammy being 1 of the last true port boys and wish him well wherever he lands. Will always remember the candy and left foot goal in the showdown but his best position is in the midfield.
Always busted his guts more than you can same for many but moving him on is the right decision.
I have big hopes for woodcock in Sammy's spot.
I too will always have a soft spot for Sam. He gave his all.

My prevailing memory though will be the snap from 0.5m pit that went the wrong way off the wrong side of the boot for no score.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keep these and ditch the rest.

- Burton
- Ebert
- R. Gray
- Boak
- Marshall
- Rozee
- Duursma
- DBJ
- Lycett
- Clurey
- Hayes
- Ladhams
- Houston
- Drew
- Farrell
- Butters
- Amon

Let the rest go..

Lets target a few key position players like Cameron from GWS and Moore from the Pies would be good.

There are a couple of targets in the top 20 rookie draft that might be decent but i would be putting my money and picks together for Rankine and Lukosius i would like to see Port target

9. FISCHER MCASEY

Clubs: Sandringham Dragons/Vic Metro

Position: Key Defender

Size: 195cm, 86kg

Bio: McAsey was one of a number of players who pushed their draft credentials during the Under 18 Championships, intercepting at will in the defensive half of the ground. The key defender averaged 6.5 marks during the carnival as he locked down his spot as the best tall in the draft pool. McAsey has the ability to play up forward, as shown by his three goal haul against the Dandenong Stingrays in Round 14, but his strong work in the air down back means it will be the position AFL recruiters will likely be expecting him to play at the next level.

10. DYLAN STEPHENS

Clubs: Norwood/South Australia

Position: Midfielder

Size: 183cm, 69kg

Bio: Stephens projects as one of South Australia’s best draft prospects following a strong carnival playing through the midfield. The left footer uses his pinpoint kicking to spot targets inside 50, likened to West Coast’s Andrew Gaff and GWS midfielder Josh Kelly. Stephens averaged 23.5 disposals during the Under 18 Championships and was named in the All-Australian team. He might only be lightly framed, but he held his spot in Norwood’s SANFL League team, winning the ball on the outside.

16. JOSH WORRELL

Clubs: Sandringham Dragons/Vic Metro

Position: Utility

Size: 195cm, 74kg

Bio: Where Worrell ends up at AFL level is a major unknown, given his ability to virtually play anywhere on the ground. He’s been used as a key position target at either end, while he has also played on the wing and across either flank. He ended as Vic Metro’s leading goalkicker, booting four goals against Western Australia. Worrell has good agility and is an effective kick. Shoulder surgery ended Worrell’s season early and is another prospect that is likely to have a quiet national combine.

But with the blokes we got running the show we will more than likely kick out the young tallent and opt for pre retired walking injuries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back