Club Legend
Jun 28, 2001
Carlton
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
Couple of introductory things first:

I grew up in a 2-parent household. My folks are split now, but after I turned 18.

I believe in traditional families and that it's best for kids to have a father present.

ALSO

I didn't really need to know about Akka's father not being around etc. Inappropriate stuff from Bruce.

BUT

It's good to see a couple of recent winners showing that you don't HAVE to have a traditional family to grow up successful and a good bloke as well.

To listen to most AFL recruiters, coming from a stable family is a huge thing they look for in a kid. I've heard it time and time again. Sometimes you think it's more important than actually being able to mark and kick.

With that attitude, you might miss an Akka or some of these other champions.

On ya, Aka!

Absolutely tasteless stuff from McGoose, as usual. I was surprised in Aka's performance. To be honest, I had him pegged as a gormless, posing, bleached moron. He is quite a decent lad, actually.

Bruce did the same with Shane Crawford but that time he hit the jackpot and got some waterworks.

Has Bruce got some sort of fixation with emotion? Remember when the Bulldogs beat St Kilda by 1 point in 2000? (I do :D ) He was transfixed by Max Hudghton who was in tears and would NOT shut up about it.

Originally posted by Dogs_R_Us
Has Bruce got some sort of fixation with emotion

Yes, along with Channel 7. One look at the tacky cheap intros (especially last nights Brownlow intro) should be enough to get an idea..... (not to mention some of the disgraceful "songs" we've had to put up with over the past few years....."And i thank you.........for 100 years......."

:rolleyes:

Thank f~ck they're gone next year.

Yes - football is an emotional game - but no more than any other sport. Commentators should just do what they're there to do - commentate.

I'm so sick of commentators trying to "create" emotion, and excitement. Just let the game do that! How many times do we need to hear "This game is like a final!" or "This is going to be a do or die game this one" etc.

Like, really???????

Or, worse still - McAvaney bringing up Akka's parents etc. For Christs sake, if he wants to talk about that, he will. If he doesn't, he won't. If i was Akka, i'd be giving Bruce a peice of my mind next time i bump into him.

Oh well, one more match, and they're gone forever.

PLEASE CHANNEL 9 - DON'T LET US DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't seen my father since I was 18 months old.

My mother has brought me up as best as she can, and I have great support from my grandmother and family friends.

They all believe I can succeed as a sports journo, and will do anything to see me live out my dream.

Obviously a two parent is better, but in the case of my cheating, lying, scumbag, and ******** of a father, I honestly would rather live life without him.

The Hitman

Gary Ablett Jnr comes from a single parent home...doesn't seem to have affected his chances of been drafted too much!

I think it's overrated a bit in the grand scheme of things - if a player can play footy he will get drafted, regardless. If two players are close and one is from a stable family and the other isn't, then it might be a factor, but the majority of the time it's how well he performs on the ground that matters.

PS. Fat Red - check your PMs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back