Mason Wood
Billy Frampton

Geelong_Sicko

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
I look back on him as a player and he was an absolute animal for years for us. Has been utter putrid at Geelong compared to his younger days.
I was initially upbeat that we recruited both Dahlhaus AND Gary Rohan for nothing in the same draft. Both have shown glimpses of what could be 'goodness' but have been frustrating as f*ck in the same breath. When we needed them to fire in finals we got nothing. Chris Scott seems to have taken a shine to Dahlhaus as he's still on our list. I think he's a clogger personally but he's still there!!! Rohan, I think we persevere with for one more year but the doorway looms for him.

WillHayward

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
What's the go with Levi Casboult?

Not vaxxed and without a club...

Soggy2112

Club Legend
Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Did Majak Daw sign a two year deal when he joined the Dees or did they give him an extension?

Super happy for the guy but gotta say I’m surprised he’s still around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alex09

Senior List
May 15, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies
Todd Marshall...want him to succeed but nothing changes year after year. 2022 needs to be big

master bate

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 13, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
The Greenwood situation was obviously a farce but Rory Thompson tore his ACL in preseason before the 2019 season and the Suns gave him 4 extra years extension all the way until 2023.

He's now missed all of 2019-2021 and has 2 years remaining.

They'd lost Lynch and May and were clearly trying to stop the bleeding of experienced talls but a 4 year deal seemed over the odds for a fairly limited player at the best of times. To give him 4 after he tore his ACL was truly something.

Hoping he can get back and play but him having 2 years remaining is a shock.

Stabby McGee

All Australian
Jul 30, 2011
Right behind you
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Gunners & Steelers
Did Majak Daw sign a two year deal when he joined the Dees or did they give him an extension?

Don’t know his contract status but I’d assume it’s standard. But yeah. I didn’t rate him at Nth and can’t see him getting a game with us baring a catastrophe. Probably was insurance in case Jackson was a couple of years away which he’s proved he definitely isn’t

Dazb86

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I was initially upbeat that we recruited both Dahlhaus AND Gary Rohan for nothing in the same draft. Both have shown glimpses of what could be 'goodness' but have been frustrating as f*ck in the same breath. When we needed them to fire in finals we got nothing. Chris Scott seems to have taken a shine to Dahlhaus as he's still on our list. I think he's a clogger personally but he's still there!!! Rohan, I think we persevere with for one more year but the doorway looms for him.
Dahlhaus relied on his ability to hit the ground and bounce back up in a split second to beat opponents in his early career. He has lost his zip and it's bought him right back in terms of ability.

dcutter

Club Legend
Mar 27, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Curious about your comments regarding Rohan.

I can't fathom how many Geelong fans still don't mind him being on the list. I know he has some decent games through the year, (ripping kick after siren to win a game also) but it just seems futile if he's going to go missing when it counts which you can just about bank on.

His prelim game against Melbourne was one of the worst finals performances theres been, amongst a lengthy list of really bad finals performances in his career.

No disrespect here, genuine query.

Toump Ass

The Big Deal
Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power

He's been brilliant for us, I won't hear a bad word about him. Love him and if he's on the list next year I'm bloody stoked :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad