wc_eagles_since86

Team Captain
Apr 25, 2019
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Bruins, Liverpool
I've had a fantastic day, but I feel like I'm in the mood to pull the wings off player and pull out the magnifying glass. (No real people were harmed in the making of this thread).
I'm gonna limit mine to currently playing, otherwise it could be an infinite list.

I'd say for me, top 3:

#1 for me: absolutely detest Cox, who I consider to be one of the most overrated players ever. I actually love Americans in general, after living and traveling all over the states. However, Cox embodies all the worst aspects of Americans, in a giant, Gumby-looking beanstalk who really isn't that good, not enough to warrant the hype and fuss, other than he's that lanky who can stand taller than everyone. He then has the gumption to push everyone around and act like his one goal is a godsend. Remember that GF buddy, you didn't do that great when it mattered.

2 - Ballantyne. If ever there was a bloke with Napoleon syndrome, it'd be this guy in AFL. The Dockers really should stop wasting tons of money on players who really don't perform up to the awful amounts of money they spend on dudds. Sure, he's had some good matches, but for the amount of money they paid, he's not living up to his salary.

3 - Masten (just kidding) Sicily - surprised noone has properly decked this guy yet. Probably one of the cockiest niggler players around. He's a loose cannon and from what I've seen, is only really that effective if someone let's him get to them. I understand that's his role, but still, I think he's overrated. To be fair, he was super subdued on the weekend, didn't really get a peep out of him.

Honorable mention: Walters - he's a chip-on-the-shoulder player, but I'll give him total credit that he is a beast of a player when he's on and we must shut him down in the derby.

Last edited:

wc_eagles_since86

Team Captain
Apr 25, 2019
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Bruins, Liverpool
Definitely agree with you on Maynard. Can't stand him.. was great to watch him plead for a block call when he had no eyes on that footy whatsoever.

Brave Sir Robin

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
I like Cox. The strut is just an American thing and I think he adds to the game. Bloody impressive what he's done to play a professional sport that he'd never even heard of even into adulthood.

Maynard is a flog but a flog that I'd love to have on my team. Sicily too.

Dangerfield would be OK if he just played footy and didn't act like the world revolved around him.

The only completely irredeemable flog in the comp in my eyes in Claytard Oliver.

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
Dangerfield, I hope he never gets a premiership medal. Media loving flog.

Joel Selwood, his ducking that still goes on to this day, has left a permanent stain on his reputation. Also a flog.

Not a player but Ken Hinkley. Such a smug prick for someone who has achieved a prelim five years ago and one finals appearance since. Port have the talent to be a regular finals fixture but this dickhead and his band of merry men up top hold them back and if I was a Port supporter of be livid by now.

Honorable mentions can be Walters. He could be a top five player, but instead flops. Meh.

Fyfe. I'm lenient on him because Freo are a rabble. As long as they stay that way he can be the flog all he wants.

Also not a player but geeze Pavlich has become such a flog media personality

WCE_phil

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2009
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Maynard is up there, hate the prick. Some people just have a head to want to run over, and that's saying something as i'm not the prettiest man in the world.

Oliver
Walters
Sicily

edit. saw the post above and had to add in some of the media.
Pavlich
BT
Derrrrwayne

The list just goes on and on.

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
I also initially thought this thread was about our own squad and when I saw the name Cox first on the list I was readying myself for the OP to rip into old Deano.

Anyway here's my three favourite whipping boys;

3. Tom Cole/Nathan Vardy. Both had a shocker of a year together before being dropped and suspended. Maybe the hunger disappeared after getting their premiership medals, but they better get their s**t together cause we've got them for some years yet.
2. Harsh one here, but before his concussion Daniel Venables was showing little signs of improving. Hopefully 2020 is his year.
Special mention to Petrucelle before number 1. Harsh on a second year player but for God's sake, apply some pressure mate.

And guess who's number one....

Number 7, CHRIS MASTEN.

Predictable yes, but wrong I am not. I love having a 200 game premiership player rack up 10-15 disposals on the wing each game, NOT.

Gaffy Duck

All Australian
May 12, 2019
Fight Club
AFL Club
West Coast

Nat Fyfe. Overrated, up himself, just a general flog

Joel Selwood.. reasons above and a sook

Dangerfield.. sook

Ablett Jr

Charlie Dixon

Toby Greene

I could be here all day.

Truckosaurus

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Green
Walters
Christensen
Most of Port Adelaide

I didn't hate Dangerfield at Adelaide but he's become insufferable at Geelong. Whether that's the Brownlow or the fact that being in Victoria gets him the media presence to demonstrate his floggishness more than he could in Adelaide, I don't know.

JackDoff

Senior List
Apr 22, 2012
South Coast
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Demons
Toby "Kung Fu"Greene . Very punchable head.( Not that I am advocating anyone do this.)
Clayton "Academy Award" Oliver. I reckon Schoey might agree with this one.

wc_eagles_since86

Team Captain
Apr 25, 2019
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Bruins, Liverpool
Off-field.
Sandy Roberts - so glad he's gone the absolute tosser: unfortunately, we have his slow, punch-drunk cousin BT to fill in the "poetry". I can't help but laugh at BT out of pity.
Ling - every word that spills from his open sewer is anti-Eagles when we play. I'm normally in absolute defense of gingers male or female, but NOT him.
Christian - literally the ******* antichrist

I thought I'd add Buddy.
I hate his name for a start. Please, don't name your pals / children "Buddy" as their nickname. You'll doom them to a life of inner-conflict.
I hate his fluffing by the media, constantly on their knees for him (to be fair, he's a beast when he's on).
I hate how he constantly struts like a rooster who's just plucked some chickens: give it a rest.

Glad some people chimed in on the post. I was feeling that I'd overstepped the limit by encouraging people to share their explicit hatred towards players, I just thought it'd make for an interesting read. Always that feeling that some people might find it distasteful to share "outwardly negative opinions". Wouldn't be the first time in life where people pull back. Glad that isn't the case. Think 1984 "2 minutes of hate". Good for the soul.. especially pre-Derby. I couldn't sleep, and I've pulled an all-nighter.

Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Generally with players it's the ones who are actually good:

Oliver - not just the dive. Just don't like the constant whining.
daylight
De Goey - there's something unsettling about him. If he wasn't a footballer he'd probably be bashing taxi drivers and hanging out with bikies :think:
Hodge - mainly because everyone in the media loves him and a lot of his onfield thuggery is applauded as he's a "good bloke" but a Vardy head rub is "the worse thing ever"

Then there's also Nathan Wilson - just a very punchable head and he did bring it on himself with his west coast comments when he joined Freo.

Bonus credit:

In the media:
Lyon (of the shagging your best mates missus variety not the budding variety)
Tom Morris - who is this guy?
Walls - flog
there's so many more to list but they're the outright leaders

Coaches / Admin:
Alan Richardson - it's more pity than hate but I hate it when he talks... he should just be put out of his misery.
Scott bros - always having a sook
Kennett - bit of a nob these days

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
Charlie Dixon, biggest faux tough guy going around in footy. Walks around like he's the biggest thing since sliced bread, but goes missing the second the going gets tough. Single handedly cost Port that final against us in 17 by trying to be a hero and kick a banana from the impossible angle instead of just continuing into the open goal.

Taylor Walker, also has the faux tough guy act as mentioned above but at least has a few runs on the board from his better years before the 17 Grand Final.

Mason Cox, only in the league because he's American, change his nationality to Australia and he would struggle to get a game in the VFL.

James Sicily, just an all round arrogant twat.

Nat Fyfe, worst captain in the game, thinks he's LeBron James with that sleeve (don't buy the grandmother story for a second, you've got a giant 7 on your back that should be a pretty decent giveaway). Doesn't even know his own teammates names, spends more time worrying about his hair than he does playing footy, and has a habit for throwing elbows. Wouldn't know what humility is if it crashed into the windscreen of his helicopter.

Back