Players You'd Like To See Breakout In 2021

May 13, 2007
<---------
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Seahawks, Huskies, Newcastle Utd.
Interested in your thoughts as to the players you'd like to see breakout in 2021.

From West Coast I'm hopeful Oscar Allen gets a decent run up forward as he's now into his 4th year and is soon to hit 50 games. Could be our #1 forward by the end of the year.

With lesser expectations, Jarrod Brander should be getting more game time after coming out of the same draft as OA. Not sure where he sits at the end of the year and if he shows nothing in 2021.

From other clubs, I'm excited to see the development from the guys out of the 2018 draft especially the King twins.

big boy jackavoy

Senior List
Oct 4, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Jye Caldwell and Noah Anderson

Riley Collier-Dawkins (big bodied mid) and Coleman-Jones (Ruck/Fwd)

Are the two I’m looking forward to seeing the most from the tigers

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hunter Clark, especially if we're able to find a spot in the midfield for him.

Finally got a proper go there late in the season and immediately went really well, but injured his knee and that slowed him down the last few games, and Hannebery returning saw him return to HB.

Talent to burn, but was coming from a long way back in terms of both body strength and fitness when drafted, so each preseason will be a big help.

Nov 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sam Sturt, Hayden Young and Luke Valente at Fremantle

Jan 5, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
From my club: Todd Marshall - really want to see him because a consistent goal kicker hopefully 35+ goals.

From other clubs: Liam Henry (Fremantle), seems talented

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
Dylan Moore. Brownlow votes in the last game of the season which was his 10th career game. Endurance freak and smart around goals. Hoping he becomes our Kane Lambert.

James Cousins. A chance of overtaking Liam Shiels as our first change midfielder. Had a great end to 2020.

Damon Greaves. Great replacement for injured Sicily due to an accurate and penetrating right foot out of defence. Disposal efficiency through the roof in his 3 career games late last year.

Other clubs:

Bailey Williams. Could become a top 5 attacking defender of the competition easily if his 2020 form continues an upward trajectory.

Zac Bailey. Can play anywhere on the ground and at times looks elite in both toughness and class. Can't wait to see if he can take it to the next level.

Darcy Parish. Firmly believe he has the ability to have Essendon fans asking 'who the hell is Josh Dunkley?'

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Apprehensive about Weideman this year, coming into his 6th season it is time for make or break. I’m very excited about our 2019 draftees but don’t have high expectations for 2nd year players.

Like everyone else I can’t wait to see Matt Rowell play again.

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
From my club - Jordan Clarke. Be nice if the coach actually played him.

From the opposition - Bailey Smith to take a Petracca type leap

Instincts

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
From my club:
LDU - In terms of talent, the sky is his limit, hopefully he get through the next 12 months without any injuries.

Tarryn Thomas - Another very talented player, only averaged 7.6 disposals and 0.5 goals before getting injured making his 2020 quite ordinary after a solid 2019.

Opposition clubs:

Josh Daicos - Made the wing position his own in 2020 but I'd like to see him take another leap in 2021

Harry McKay - One of the most talented key forwards IMO and is great to watch when he gets going, I would like to see him become more consistent in 2021 alongside an uninterupted season

Ben King - Another key forward with a very high ceiling, his ability to kick goals on the run from picking up on the ground or a handpass is rare for a key forward.

Dazb86

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
From my own side I'd like to see Naughton become a better player up forward. Finally getting a crack at a proper pre season to learn how to play forward so hopefully it pans out.

Other sides - Cam Rayner, could have a Petracca type breakout year.

King brothers. Both could become dominant forwards the comp is lacking at the moment.

Crashy

Cancelled
Dec 31, 2018
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Adelaide Strikers
Sydney Stack :p

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
Oscar Allen and Jake Waterman

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Mitchell Lewis. Get the confidence to lead more boldly and kick 30 to 40 goals.

big boy jackavoy

Senior List
Oct 4, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
From port Jackson Mead, Miles Bergman, Dylan Williams, Sam Hayes and Todd Marshall

Last edited:
May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
From my club: Todd Marshall - really want to see him because a consistent goal kicker hopefully 35+ goals.

From other clubs: Liam Henry (Fremantle), seems talented
I think Todd Marshall is due for a 40 goal season Too.

Henry had talent but like some talented teenagers, needs to build up his endurance

Back