Players You'd Like To See Breakout In 2021

May 11, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Ipswich Town FC, Leeds Rhinos
From Freo our 2018 draftees, Sturt and Valente. Both have been beset by injuries, but if they can stay fit and fulfil their potential the adding them to the five Top 10 picks we’ve had since 2016 who have already had breakout performances (Logue, Cerra, Brayshaw, Serong, Young) sets us up for the next decade.

From other teams:
- LDU at North, I just really like what I’ve seen glimpses of and he’s the type of player that any footy fan would want to watch
- Rankine, with Betts coming to the end, i think the game needs someone who could pluck a goal of the year out of nothing on a regular basis
- D Fogarty, I like glimpses of what I’ve seen, but he needs to really get some consistency

plus a whole range of players who’ve had breakout seasons over the last couple of years and need to back them up; like Ridley, Worpel, H Clark, J Clark, Lukosius, I Hill.

Jun 12, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Shaun Atley.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Dusty2020.jpg

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Caldwell and Wright for us. Langford has already technically cemented himself, but I want him to take it up another level.

For others, I'd really like to see Tom Green take the competition by storm. I hope GWS unleash him in the midfield. Also looking forward to seeing Jamarra Ugle-Hagan make an immediate impact. Freak forwards are the most entertaining part of the game.

Mundusa

Club Legend
Mar 2, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I want our 3 amigos in Rozee, Butters and Duursma to continue to grow their games and make a mark on the competition

Catsnlakers

Even Hank Moody is in awe of Geelong!
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
L.A Angels, Anaheim Ducks & M.Stars
Charlie Constable no doubt, with the word being that Selwood will be spending some time at half back, the true “inside” mid spot will be there for him if he wants it enough!

Pablito

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
From the Blues I would love to see Jack Silvagni get his body right, solidify a spot in the team and have a break out year. He's got all the tools, just needs it all to click.

Other teams I'd love to see Jade Gresham become a star of the comp. Loved him in his draft year, he just needs to put it all together also.

Sep 19, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Chiefs
For us Hately and Fogarty. Fog had a good time trial finish and is in better shape than other years so on the right track.

from other clubs, would like to see some of the top 7 in 2018 draft turn into superstars. Max King especially

Quinton Narkle.
Could be very valuable to the Cats if he an his body gets it together.

Demon 16

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Luke Jackson

MOVEMENT_MAN

Debutant
Apr 8, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'd like to see Ben Brown the clown do well in 2021.

steelebottom22

Team Captain
May 2, 2016
Abbotsford lulie st
AFL Club
Collingwood
From other clubs : Jade Gresham, Todd Marshall,

Collingwood: Brayden sier

From the Bulldogs, I hope English shows he won’t just be rag dolled around ruck contests all season but I hope Ed Richards can get involved more and cement a best 22 spot in the backline with JJ playing more on the wing.

From other clubs, Mundy from Freo. Could really be his breakout year.

Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
That is literally the point of the thread.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
No it's not .
We want to know who might have a good year and improve. Like something vaguely realistic.
"Breakout year" generally means increasing output of 50% from previous season.

"Blow the roof of the comp" is delusional fantasy hyperbole. Hallucination.

Just the type of delusional fantasy hyperbole north fans are known for on bigfooty.i remember the "big four" or whatever the * it was.

Just calm the ******* farm.

I hope LDU goes ok and he is starting to look v good but he's not going to "blow the roof off" anything unless he throws a Molotov cocktail into an ardern st fertiliser factory.

Last edited:
Back