Multiplat PUBG: Playerunknown's Battlegrounds - survival first/third person shooter

Remove this Banner Ad

PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS is a last-man-standing shooter being developed with community feedback. Starting with nothing, players must fight to locate weapons and supplies in a battle to be the lone survivor. This realistic, high tension game is set on a massive 8x8 km island with a level of detail that showcases Unreal Engine 4's capabilities.

My friend described this to me as a video game version of the Hunger Games. You and up to 99 others parachute on to an 8km x 8km island with nothing. You looks for weapons, scraps, bandages to stay alive, and kill the others on the island. The battleground shrinks over time forcing you closer and closer to the other players. In the end only 1 remains.

Had a few go's. Damn its intense. After playing the last 6 months of Battlefield 1 where you run and gun, its a nice change of pace to value your life.

PRO TIPS:

1. Join the Bigfooty Steam Group!

2. Get a good vid card and upgrade to 16GB RAM for great results.

3. Do this:

Yeah I know the video is specifically CS:GO but it relates well enough to PUBG.
Basically a setup of Equalizer APO, a software based sound equalizer which allows you to boost certain frequencies to make the louder.
I input the same values as the video and played 5 rounds and both the footsteps and gunfire noticibly stand out more in relation to ambient noise.
4 times I was able to track and neutralise enemies that I couldn't have before (mild industrial deafness).

10/10 worth installing.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/

https://sourceforge.net/projects/peace-equalizer-apo-extension/

4. Don't open mic to all playing a loop of Yakkity Sax.

5. Check out this loot n' vehicles map:

6. Mid-game crashes? Check out this help page:
https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/35303-consistent-mid-round-crashes-and-bsod/

Last edited by a moderator:

mickelboy182

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 30, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets
As someone who hates the survival/massively multiplayer style games, this is one that finally seems to tie it together in an interesting format. Hope the community sticks around for a while.

How is the game not getting more love? A group of 6 of us are completely addicted to the gameplay and on average im not getting to bed until 4am. Its by far the best co-op experience you could ever want if you have a friend playing duo. For $30 you cant go wrong. Love playing a bit of solo just so i can do my own thing and play a bit passively without worrying about a team mate.

To the poster above, the game has a few bugs as you would expect, but they definitely arent deal breakers that turn you off the game. Im yet to get stuck in the world or know someone who has. The game sometimes crashes when youve just finished a round and you exit to lobby - the lobby screen just hangs but thats no drama. Ive had maybe 2 in-game freezes out of 40 rounds. Theres one annoying bug where your player will occasionally make the sound as if he has been hit by a bullet, even though no-one is shooting you and you lose no health. Thats probably the worst bug, but its quite infrequent.

Easily game of the year for me and everyone I know thats played it. Feels like every kill is worth 20 that you might get in Battlefield 1. Theres just always that intensity at some stage every game where s**t gets real and every decision could make or break you. The 64 square km map still has many places where i havent completely explored. Ive learnt a few car spawn locations off by heart which helps, and know half a dozen locations where youre guaranteed good loot. Sometimes its fun going for that crate falling out of the sky even if you know youll get heaps of attention giong for it. And if you havent yet, try holding up a bridge with a squad when the blue circle forces people to cross. Lobbing frag grenades and firing automatic rifles at another squad car as they hang out of the windows shooting at your ambush is hectic!

I grabbed this over the Easter weekend.
Played about 50 solo rounds just getting beaten to a pulp by more experienced battle royal players with maybe 2 top 10 finishes (flukes).

Clicked 2 nights ago when I started playing at Battlegrounds pace instead of trying to force a Battlefield pace.
Played 5 rounds finishing 5th, 56th, 7th, 62nd & 2nd.
When I finished 2nd I completely regret not rushing the other 2 guys when they were engaging each other, completely ****ed myself out of a chicken dinner for sure that round... Next time I'll know better.

This game is intense and it's great that smarts get rewarded way more than reflexes. The kills are really satisfying this game is quickly making Battlefield a non entity to me...

Love it!

For some reason the game plays better on asian servers than the oceania ones, dunno if anyone else has experienced the same?

Need people to duo or squad with.
Add me pronto: Steam, FullMetalJimbo

I grabbed this over the Easter weekend.
Played about 50 solo rounds just getting beaten to a pulp by more experienced battle royal players with maybe 2 top 10 finishes (flukes).

Clicked 2 nights ago when I started playing at Battlegrounds pace instead of trying to force a Battlefield pace.
Played 5 rounds finishing 5th, 56th, 7th, 62nd & 2nd.
When I finished 2nd I completely regret not rushing the other 2 guys when they were engaging each other, completely ****** myself out of a chicken dinner for sure that round... Next time I'll know better.

This game is intense and it's great that smarts get rewarded way more than reflexes. The kills are really satisfying this game is quickly making Battlefield a non entity to me...

Love it!

For some reason the game plays better on asian servers than the oceania ones, dunno if anyone else has experienced the same?

Need people to duo or squad with.
Add me pronto: Steam, FullMetalJimbo
Ill add you tonight mate. Cant get enough of this game. Have been doing mostly solos lately and have started getting some chicken dinners. So satisfying starting with 100 and being the last person standing.

Its a lot easier in solos going for crate drops compared to duos and squads. Squads is a little too chaotic for me with e everyone wanting to be the leader and no real cohesion eventuates

Duos are gun though and its really rewarding holding holding a bridge or building.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man this game has that addictive "just one more round" grasp on me.
After 2 weeks in a row of going to bed between 4am - 6am (and 1 all-nighter with no sleep in 40 hours) ive put a rule on myself no more games after 10pm. I was dreaming about the game ffs. Its combined my love of FPS games and MMO's to be the most addictive and rewarding game I've ever played.

Bloody 2nd place in squads last night ffs.

How funny is it though, when you land & some mofos are chasing you around like Benny Hill trying to punch you out. So you just calmly lead them to your teammate's building who cleans them all up with a shotty!

Also roadblocking the military island bridge ftw!

Bloody 2nd place in squads last night ffs.

How funny is it though, when you land & some mofos are chasing you around like Benny Hill trying to punch you out. So you just calmly lead them to your teammate's building who cleans them all up with a shotty!

Also roadblocking the military island bridge ftw!
ive had 2nd places in squads and one last night in duos and both we should have won. In squads all 4 of us were alive with only 5 other players. Friend of mine accidentally throws frag grenade into tree in front knocking out himself and other squad member. Other squad mate gets knocked out by some slippery prone bastard in the grass, and as i come over to get the win this proned prick quickly turns 90 degrees to face me and double taps a headshot. So pissed off.

Had a solo drop at military base and landed on 1 of the C buildings with another bloke. No guns on top except the enemy picks up a frying pan. I take him on trying to land superman punches but after 2 donks on the head ive got less than 25% health and try to run away. This *er chases me non-stop through military base in the open spaces. He obviously wanted a frying pan kill no matter what and i wasnt going to give him the pleasure. He chased for about 3 minutes always about 2 seconds behind and it would have looked comical to anyone watching. Eventually i ran up to some gun fire deliberately and we both killed by an S12K.

Had another duo where my friend died within 60 seconds of the drop. We have a rule where if someone dies early the other person left alive plays aggresively and recklessly so the dead duo person doesnt sit through potentially 30+ minutes of boredom. So instead of using lots of stealth and strategy i went on a rampage. Charged duos in occupied houses with shotgun only and got 2 kills. Drove to 1st crate drop and picked off another duo which got me the AWP + lvl3 vest. Then after no action for a couple of minutes ended up doing donuts in my buggy in a large open field. Finally got shot at and ended up getting a roadkill and one other frag before being picked off and finishing 4th :) Its often the times where you dont give a s**t where you have the most success.

WOOOO!

1st chicken dinner tonight. A duo so only 1 kill but a handfull of knockdowns as well. Got taken out with 6 left but scouted like a pro for my buddy to finish the job.

VIXrQYNbLNi1wLQUQtKLOIC2hpszSpUseQMLZMI7OdKMGSa6_41RXZv3smX9QQiv4Etr5myaNIrCmb6r07Yg0pUz26BjWuRiC4q3VaHrxeQW5w2G1WHaWP8b1Vg8LzHBgywQy1jkRA5vQW0820Q2Oz7-06dlWT6rFTcPQ7W6gASruTuvlenb3z8PXqiojYaQ27kGncqrkP40Xqow1Whd2WCPd1vbS60d69WQVAm3A-b5z2rLmf-YEqnpr-di6AH3wtUrHnOuB6QjnOqpZHodxL79FlUCmWubQmtqZyfm-7wfHi3_3dizpCOnLfJs8iRB0NeEDi7_TmWBpBZH4WAvj16NRBBbUCm6hpwxZsnRE6NJ9eNJfb1HJF9Lk49qmedCmgPYYPKkx9bkdX0duaBH1B26jxQtAVgE7VigGTEkuF9akXib5jdE6Xa88wFa46msbSllSsmXpqs5wnmbue7iMWsSXEh1eWasgV_kOFVT_bXM2qv3PJN908Y9qINNOpfgxrLAMmZLfBp1d69LMsa_hxjgz4oD96foxvLlrNBtCTIjC8P0SbLtYsG9_AzSQncDFRLrSFYn7uCusPTQiDcz2VZ8KdjpiXFqDnoN4qCJEVsS8KNto4cp=w1779-h1334-no

WOOOO!

1st chicken dinner tonight. A duo so only 1 kill but a handfull of knockdowns as well. Got taken out with 6 left but scouted like a pro for my buddy to finish the job.
hehe such a good feeling getting that 1st chicken dinner. I should upload the clip of my first chicken dinner solo. Let out the biggest hoot :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back