Multiplat PUBG: Playerunknown's Battlegrounds - survival first/third person shooter

Remove this Banner Ad

Funniest sequence today.

All I could find was a crossbow after landing, but another player was in the building hiding.

So I ran out and circled the building, until I saw the player through a window, lined up, fired.

And the arrow stuck in one of the security bars over the window.

I'm staring in disbelief.

And started circling again.

The guy is running around inside, opening and closing doors.

Shots at him and me from other buildings.

Finally I spot him through the window, line him up and...

Head shot! Arrow kill!

Wish I had a video.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

In game renders of the upcoming desert map.

4620d47c-8e29-47ae-aaa8-ff86f28cf7f1.jpg

4db00f5a-28f3-4899-80bf-332face5a894.jpg

Upgraded to a 1070 and SSD for this and haven't been disappointed. I've put around 80 hours into it and have 7 chicken dinners so far (6 squad, 1 duo)

Really like watching jackfrags and Aculite on YouTube too if they haven't been mentioned, Aculite especially is an incredibly good player.

PasswordisTaco

Team Captain
Jan 31, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
I see this is more an arcadey style survival game.

What do you guys find is the best overall survival game?

me and the lads having a ball playing rust, even though its got obvious limitations. Playing high gather servers with kits and stuff makes it very entertaining, and not so much of a grind.

Played a bit of h1z1, but not everyone in my crew has it so havent played too much of it.
They were looking at some dinosaur one too, didnt tickle my fancy.

I know this post is a few weeks old but right now Dayz is great, probably the best survival game right now, still quite a few bugs but I've been playing it for about a month straight after buying it when it first came out in 2013 and not touching it since and I haven't been able to stop. If you're looking for a shoot em up fast paced action then Dayz is most definitely not for you, it's much more geared towards actually just surviving, but it's great that way because it makes confrontations with other players that much more intense. There's a few Australian servers that are almost always chock a block full due to the new update, you're guaranteed to run into someone and for the most part the community is great. There's some great youtubers who almost exclusively post Dayz content, off the top of my head DeadlySlob and BabyNades are two I can think of, check those guys out and get your own take on the game.

On topic, When I got my first ever chicken dinner I never saw another player for the entire match and won because the last player got caught outside the zone. Ultimate Stephen Bradbury moment.

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets, Chelsea, Striker
I know this post is a few weeks old but right now Dayz is great, probably the best survival game right now, still quite a few bugs but I've been playing it for about a month straight after buying it when it first came out in 2013 and not touching it since and I haven't been able to stop. If you're looking for a shoot em up fast paced action then Dayz is most definitely not for you, it's much more geared towards actually just surviving, but it's great that way because it makes confrontations with other players that much more intense. There's a few Australian servers that are almost always chock a block full due to the new update, you're guaranteed to run into someone and for the most part the community is great. There's some great youtubers who almost exclusively post Dayz content, off the top of my head DeadlySlob and BabyNades are two I can think of, check those guys out and get your own take on the game.

On topic, When I got my first ever chicken dinner I never saw another player for the entire match and won because the last player got caught outside the zone. Ultimate Stephen Bradbury moment.

Is there a build aspect in Dayz?
Thats part of the appeal of rust, being able to build a base etc.

I'll have a look on youtube, cheers.

PasswordisTaco

Team Captain
Jan 31, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Is there a build aspect in Dayz?
Thats part of the appeal of rust, being able to build a base etc.

I'll have a look on youtube, cheers.

Not so much a build aspect but moreso a 'base' aspect, you can loot high rise apartments and military bases for tents and military tents that you can hide and use as a place to store what you loot but you cant lock these and if they're found other players can take you for all you've got but I love that as it adds to the replayability, for instance I got the base I've got now by stumbling into someone elses base while they weren't there and took the lot, though they've stated in recent dev updates that they will be introducing a base building function in later patches.

If you're into base building give the Exile and Overpoch mods for Arma 3 a go, they're great for it.

Not so much a build aspect but moreso a 'base' aspect, you can loot high rise apartments and military bases for tents and military tents that you can hide and use as a place to store what you loot but you cant lock these and if they're found other players can take you for all you've got but I love that as it adds to the replayability, for instance I got the base I've got now by stumbling into someone elses base while they weren't there and took the lot, though they've stated in recent dev updates that they will be introducing a base building function in later patches.

If you're into base building give the Exile and Overpoch mods for Arma 3 a go, they're great for it.

I think I've played that. I went prone and broke my leg. Haven't touched it since. Will have to have another look.

Last edited:
This is about my level. Top 10's, highest is 4th.

I do have all settings on low as my card is old GTX 670.

PUBG-001.jpg

Had a bead on the guy who killed me but suppressed SCAR is no match for suppressed M14 it seems. Plus he probably aimed better. We both had L3 helmets on.

Mar 30, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Geelong
Do you guys all play on the Oceania server? I swap back and forth between it and the Asian server but the Asian one always seems to be way less laggy for some reason.

Played squads for the first time last night. Won two in a row and had plenty of funny failures. It seems the better looting you do early the more confident your team gets the more lax your driving skills become... Had so many 'death by driving' incidents when we had set ourselves up well.... All you can hear is the driver cackling and exclaiming 'sorry, so sorry' as we flip into a building and explode.

Only OC for me. Shits me the game keeps reverting back to AS. Also shits me that once you start match making you can't cancel it so when you accidently leave it on AS you are stuck with AS. Allllllso shits me that the join game button is at the top of the screen. Every single time I click Custom Game. The UI really is horrible in this game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Asian servers are way better than OCE for me.

Finally broke through for my first Duo chicken dinner last night after about three 2nds in five games or so.

We lucked out massively with the circles at the end. About mid-game, there weren't many building options to take so we just hit up one of those double story hexagon buildings up near the timber mill. We were just gonna chill in there and see where the circle went but literally every single circle from then to the end of the game fell around the building. As the blue closed in and with no other cover around we just picked off teams one by one as they came towards the only sheltered position. It was a slaughter. Ridiculously lucky.

Last edited:
^ ahah that's gold!

It's a very watchable game IMO. Every game is different.

Grimmmz seems to be able to get a good stream going by landing in the hot zones and looking for fights.

I think my normal game would be pretty boring to watch :)

Feb 22, 2011
Berwick
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester City
Grimmmz seems to be able to get a good stream going by landing in the hot zones and looking for fights.

I think my normal game would be pretty boring to watch :)

Grimmz gets so salty sometimes too, especially when a camper kills him.

I've also been watching JoshOG when he's going for leaderboard.

Grimmz gets so salty sometimes too, especially when a camper kills him.

I've also been watching JoshOG when he's going for leaderboard.

I do too. Way more, in fact.

Went through a whole building with closed doors, got to the roof with a guy prone facing the door with a M16. The swear words my kids learned...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back