Playing For Another Country

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Somewhat relevant to the thread, good to see Luke Ronchi smashed a ton for NZ A against Sri Lanka A a couple of days back. He really struggled in his time in the NZ ODI side in the Champion's trophy so would think that they'd be pretty wary of playing him in test cricket, but at least he's putting his name up there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Everton, Delhi, Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Bizarre - have mutual friends with the bloke, so Facestalked him out of interest, and he/his missus had been updating with photos and comments up to about a week ago. Account is deleted now, however. Sounds like a real piece of work.
Certainly comes across as a twat in the reported groupchat messages. But honestly, how common is this behaviour in schools (private schools especially IMO), sporting clubs and uni? I think quite a lot from my experience - couple of years ago when I was playing a lot more sport & at uni it was extremely common to hear guys refer to stats or an equivalent. Cringeworthy and immature for sure, but not all these guys were who you would call outright ****wits or irredeemable pieces of work - for whatever reason they felt that was the culture to aspire to. It's why although movements like metoo can sometimes be extrapolated to an eye raising extent, they have played an important role in moderating such groupthink behaviour that looked to be becoming increasingly prevalent. So I don't have any time for guys who foam on about a perceived war on masculinity.

big_e

Premiership Player
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers, 76ers
Certainly comes across as a twat in the reported groupchat messages. But honestly, how common is this behaviour in schools (private schools especially IMO), sporting clubs and uni? I think quite a lot from my experience - couple of years ago when I was playing a lot more sport & at uni it was extremely common to hear guys refer to stats or an equivalent. Cringeworthy and immature for sure, but not all these guys were who you would call outright ****wits or irredeemable pieces of work - for whatever reason they felt that was the culture to aspire to. It's why although movements like metoo can sometimes be extrapolated to an eye raising extent, they have played an important role in moderating such groupthink behaviour that looked to be becoming increasingly prevalent. So I don't have any time for guys who foam on about a perceived war on masculinity.
"This behaviour" being rape.

Top Bottom