Playing in the NEAFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Tasfut

All Australian
Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I will highly likely be moving to the Gold Coast in December/January and would like to play in the NEAFL.

I'm 19 and have lived in Tassie my whole life. I've been on representative teams and been invited to try out for the Mariners, but never quite made it.
This season I unfortunately broke my collarbone and had survey about 3 months ago and haven't been back since.

I'd love to try play in the NEAFL. Living in the Gold Coast the two teams it looks like I could play for are Southport and the Suns (can anyone actually go and train for the Suns NEAFL team or are they all contracted AFL/academy players?)

What I'm looking for is advice on who would be the best team to play for and other general tips/advice ect. about the league. Would be really appreciated, cheers!

kid_a

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2010
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Hammarby IF, East Freo, Glory
I will highly likely be moving to the Gold Coast in December/January and would like to play in the NEAFL.

I'm 19 and have lived in Tassie my whole life. I've been on representative teams and been invited to try out for the Mariners, but never quite made it.
This season I unfortunately broke my collarbone and had survey about 3 months ago and haven't been back since.

I'd love to try play in the NEAFL. Living in the Gold Coast the two teams it looks like I could play for are Southport and the Suns (can anyone actually go and train for the Suns NEAFL team or are they all contracted AFL/academy players?)

What I'm looking for is advice on who would be the best team to play for and other general tips/advice ect. about the league. Would be really appreciated, cheers!
Southport is your better option, but will be hard to crack.
There are big(ish) clubs in the level down (QLD league) like Broadbeach and Labrador that might be worth taking a geeze at as well.
All the best mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back