List Mgmt. AFL Senior List Contract Status

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
SYDNEY SWANS CONTRACT STATUS (Updated 10-APR-2024)

The minimum list size for each club will be 37, which can be made up of as little as 36 senior listed players and one rookie.

To reach 44, clubs can carry 36-38 senior listed players, four to six Category A rookies, and two Category B rookies.

List make up - 37 Senior Listed players, 5 Category A rookies and 2 Category B rookie.

Contract Expires - 2024:
Harry Arnold (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Jack Buller (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Harry Cunningham
William Edwards (Cat B Rookie 2nd Year)
Oliver Florent
Robbie Fox
Aaron Francis
Will Hayward
Indhi Kirk (Cat B Rookie 1st Year)
Jacob Konstanty
Jaiden Magor (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Lachlan McAndrew (Cat A Rookie 3rd Year)
Logan McDonald
Lewis Melican
Caleb Mitchell
Sam Reid (Cat A Rookie 1st Year)
Cooper Vickery

Contract Expires - 2025:
Braeden Campbell
Caiden Cleary
Joel Hamling
Peter Ladhams
Jake Lloyd
Luke Parker
Dane Rampe
Matthew Roberts
Angus Sheldrick
Patrick Snell
Chad Warner
Corey Warner
Sam Wicks
John Longmire (Senior Coach)

Contract Expires - 2026:
Taylor Adams
Joel Amartey
Will Green
James Jordon
Justin McInerney

Contract Expires- 2027:
Brodie Grundy
Tom McCartin
Hayden McLean

Contract Expires - 2028:
Errol Gulden
Issac Heeney
Tom Papley
James Rowbottom

Contract Expires - 2029:
Callum Mills

Contract Expires - 2031:
Nick Blakey

Last edited:
Love it!
Looks like my info came from a good source!;)

"Alarming as that may seem to Swans supporters, Tippett’s contract has been re-negotiated twice and his status as a Bondi billionaire is under threat.

The Daily Telegraph understands Tippett wants to play out his career in red and white and was happy to take a pay cut to secure added time on his contract.

PATRICK DANGERFIELD: BUDDY WOULD HAVE KICKED 2000 GOALS

HIGH BUMP: SWANS SWEAT ON BUDDY REPORT

This was negotiated 12 months ago when the big man was in career best form.

The former Adelaide Crow initially signed for the Swans on a four-year deal at an estimated $1 million per season. The deal has been extended twice at a significantly reduced amount.

Swans football manager Tom Harley confirmed the duration of Tippett’s contract but would not discuss the financial details of the deal."

Now I wonder which player is interested in coming to us so much that we were prepared to do such a thing!

Proves you were wrong all along insisting he was already on a reduced rate

Not quite! The supposed trigger was just a renegotiation because he was happy to be a Swan. Money was no where near what everyone was speculating & that is what I heard!
Our cap is not as bad as made out. These guys want a premiership & come to the Swans because they believe we provide them with the best chance to win one, such is our ability to make finals consistently nearly every year. Its not just about money.

Hopefully everyone can move on now. The only reason he was so highly scrutinized was because of his pay packet. If he is on such a reduced contract then the issue is no longer an issue and we all move on. Happy for him to be at the swans if he is not taking up heaps of Cap space any more

Hopefully everyone can move on now. The only reason he was so highly scrutinized was because of his pay packet. If he is on such a reduced contract then the issue is no longer an issue and we all move on. Happy for him to be at the swans if he is not taking up heaps of Cap space any more
Realistically though, it is bad list management going onto worse list management. Players 30+ should be on 1 year contract extensions.

I don't see the point of paying him in 2 years to take early retirement.

I know the point is to spread the cash over more years, reducing the impact per year, however Tippett would not have signed the deal if it was not in his favour.

His manager, if smart would have had an idea of the salary cap squeeze, the new CBA being drawn up, etc... And got him a good deal.

On Nexus 6P using BigFooty.com mobile app

Realistically though, it is bad list management going onto worse list management. Players 30+ should be on 1 year contract extensions.

I don't see the point of paying him in 2 years to take early retirement.

I know the point is to spread the cash over more years, reducing the impact per year, however Tippett would not have signed the deal if it was not in his favour.

His manager, if smart would have had an idea of the salary cap squeeze, the new CBA being drawn up, etc... And got him a good deal.

It is all because of Buddy basically. He came after Tippo.

Think it is a joke that he gets 3 years at 30
His age isn't that big as factor. Speed was never a part of his game, he's not going to get any shorter or stronger because he suddenly hit 30. Injuries are his major concern but our club wouldn't resign him if they felt his body couldn't hold up. He'll back to form soon enough and it gives us some more space to resign Reid & Jones. It's all a win-win

His age isn't that big as factor. Speed was never a part of his game, he's not going to get any shorter or stronger because he suddenly hit 30. Injuries are his major concern but our club wouldn't resign him if they felt his body couldn't hold up. He'll back to form soon enough and it gives us some more space to resign Reid & Jones. It's all a win-win
How are you so sure that he will get in form
He might well be finished mate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every single player in the competition is susceptible to injury.
What's important is that the club are not actually paying him 800-900K in one season as falsely speculated by the haters.
So if this has been spread over 4 years, do the sums.
Go one step further though. When doing your calculations to work out if we have salary cap issues, don't forget to add the $2M increase in salary caps.
Go Bloods!

Tippett getting paid a ridiculous amount of coin for minimal output has nothing to do with buddy.

But you are judging in hindsight & assuming he is finished. Each team's list consists of players that don't give enough output for the amount of coin they are on.
Yes! Buddy has plenty to do with it because it is because of Buddy that we lost Mummy & were forced to play Tippo as a ruck/forward instead of the big stand alone forward we recruited him to be. Check out his recent injuries. They have predominantly all come from ruck contests.

You guys keep tossing up your reasons & I'll just keep throwing back my alternative reason, knowing full well we may all be fairly way off.

So if this has been spread over 4 years

What would be the point to Tippett earning the same money of more years. Haha, I would laugh at the incompetence of his manager if he is not earning a lot more money. The difference is, it would be less per year, but more than he would have earned over the life of a contract.

No player is going to go, I earn X amount of dollars over Y years. I am going to redo my contract to get X amount of dollars of Y years + 3.

Players typically take pay cuts when they are out of contract, signing a new deal as most clubs only give 1 year contracts to players over 30.

What would have happened is that his $$ per year have reduced, but over the life of the contract he will earn substantially more.

to play Tippo as a ruck/forward instead of the big stand alone forward we recruited him to be.

Tippett is a s**t stand alone forward. He has only ever played half decent football for us as a rck/fwd.

Let me highlight this for you again!

"The Daily Telegraph understands Tippett wants to play out his career in red and white and was happy to take a pay cut to secure added time on his contract.

The former Adelaide Crow initially signed for the Swans on a four-year deal at an estimated $1 million per season. The deal has been extended twice at a significantly reduced amount."

So you guys think he is s**t right? So are you saying that you are much smarter than our list managers & other teams' list managers that perhaps weren't interested in him when the initial contract expired. I get accused of speculation & that's all good, but this is obviously coming from Harley's mouth. "Significant reduced amount could mean 500-600K in years 5 & 6 and 350-400K in years 7 & 8 of his career. The club would not have renegotiated twice on big bucks. No way in hell. I would like to add that the club also know if he is finished or just not fit enough to carry out his role.

There are clauses with triggers & all sorts of things in contracts.

Tippett is a s**t stand alone forward. He has only ever played half decent football for us as a rck/fwd.

Once again you use hindsight to back up your argument but you must remember we recruited him as a colossus forward in his initial 4 year contract, prior to any knowledge of Buddy wanting to be a Swan.
What we do well is readjust our list according to who we have & so Tippo had to play a greater ruck role with the changing game plans.

Once again you use hindsight to back up your argument but you must remember we recruited him as a colossus forward in his initial 4 year contract, prior to any knowledge of Buddy wanting to be a Swan.
What we do well is readjust our list according to who we have & so Tippo had to play a greater ruck role with the changing game plans.

You can have 2 key forwards in the same team working together. The fact is, Tippett was useless. If Tippett dominated forward, he and buddy could have been an amazing pairing.

Reid would then have been groomed for that wing/high half forward role like T. Lynch.

Fact is, Tippett was s**t and unless he changed positions, he would have been playing reserves.

Again, this has nothing to do with buddy but Tippetts output.

Edit: If Tippett was a good key forward as well, and Buddy affected his place in our team, don't you think we could have traded him to a club that was in the market several years ago? Fact is, no. I doubt on form there would have been 1 club that would have traded for him. Because he is not that good.

Last edited:
You can have 2 key forwards in the same team working together. The fact is, Tippett was useless. If Tippett dominated forward, he and buddy could have been an amazing pairing.

Reid would then have been groomed for that wing/high half forward role like T. Lynch.

Fact is, Tippett was s**t and unless he changed positions, he would have been playing reserves.

Have you forgotten when Tippet has been used as a key forward? 2014 he was used to great success as a key forward a number of times, check our demolition against Geelong, 5 goals, 3 behinds. 4 goals 2 against North, 4 goals 1 against the Doggies. All in 2014, then we moved him back to the ruck as we had no one else there apart from Pyke.

Edit: If Tippett was a good key forward as well, and Buddy affected his place in our team, don't you think we could have traded him to a club that was in the market several years ago? Fact is, no. I doubt on form there would have been 1 club that would have traded for him. Because he is not that good.

I guess we'll have to wait & see if he is a s**t player or not or if he is finished or not.
Then one of us can become another one of the many hindsight experts here on the Swans board.:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back