List Mgmt. AFL Senior List Contract Status

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
SYDNEY SWANS CONTRACT STATUS (Updated 10-APR-2024)

The minimum list size for each club will be 37, which can be made up of as little as 36 senior listed players and one rookie.

To reach 44, clubs can carry 36-38 senior listed players, four to six Category A rookies, and two Category B rookies.

List make up - 37 Senior Listed players, 5 Category A rookies and 2 Category B rookie.

Contract Expires - 2024:
Harry Arnold (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Jack Buller (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Harry Cunningham
William Edwards (Cat B Rookie 2nd Year)
Oliver Florent
Robbie Fox
Aaron Francis
Will Hayward
Indhi Kirk (Cat B Rookie 1st Year)
Jacob Konstanty
Jaiden Magor (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Lachlan McAndrew (Cat A Rookie 3rd Year)
Logan McDonald
Lewis Melican
Caleb Mitchell
Sam Reid (Cat A Rookie 1st Year)
Cooper Vickery

Contract Expires - 2025:
Braeden Campbell
Caiden Cleary
Joel Hamling
Peter Ladhams
Jake Lloyd
Luke Parker
Dane Rampe
Matthew Roberts
Angus Sheldrick
Patrick Snell
Chad Warner
Corey Warner
Sam Wicks
John Longmire (Senior Coach)

Contract Expires - 2026:
Taylor Adams
Joel Amartey
Will Green
James Jordon
Justin McInerney

Contract Expires- 2027:
Brodie Grundy
Tom McCartin
Hayden McLean

Contract Expires - 2028:
Errol Gulden
Issac Heeney
Tom Papley
James Rowbottom

Contract Expires - 2029:
Callum Mills

Contract Expires - 2031:
Nick Blakey

Last edited:
Was just looking into this myself. Miles or Mckenzie probably.
Don't get the Miles appeal, I don't see what he'd add that we don't already have.

McKenzie OTOH could be special at Sydney. New Rhyce Shaw, possibly.

Wouldn't be against delisting Rose if we cant find any takers during trade week. Take on his salary next year which would be minimum wage anyway and bring in another kid to start developing. Obviously depends what our cap is like assuming we can afford to pay his wage next year as well as an extra kid. Just can't see him contributing anything to our senior team next year.

Hard midfielder (from premiership club) v soft**** backman (from disjointed, pathetic, never will win a premiership club)...yeah, I'll take Miles!

If we use him properly. Are we going to have Reid the second. If in doubt throw Reid back. Plan c throw watts back.
I'd play Watts as a winger/hff, swap with Franklin as the deepest forward when necessary. Play Reid as the swing.

He's a good footballer, good below his knees, good above his head. The only thing holding him back is the moosh between his ears.

I'd play Watts as a winger/hff, swap with Franklin as the deepest forward when necessary. Play Reid as the swing.

He's a good footballer, good below his knees, good above his head. The only thing holding him back is the moosh between his ears.

Sounds like a man with a plan

I was just reading that Watts wants to stay in Victoria though. Last thing I'd want is to overpay him to not even really want to be here in the first place.

I like the idea of having him but I hope the club don't overvalue him if we are indeed interested.

I was just reading that Watts wants to stay in Victoria though. Last thing I'd want is to overpay him to not even really want to be here in the first place.

I like the idea of having him but I hope the club don't overvalue him if we are indeed interested.
Club is pretty keen to move him on, based on Mahoney's presser this morning. Just reads like they're not even on the same page, precisely what Mahoney said. Watts won't be at Melbourne next year, not if Melbourne can help it. I think they'll take just about anything to get rid of him, and a 3rd rounder might get the job done.

Club is pretty keen to move him on, based on Mahoney's presser this morning. Just reads like they're not even on the same page, precisely what Mahoney said. Watts won't be at Melbourne next year, not if Melbourne can help it. I think they'll take just about anything to get rid of him, and a 3rd rounder might get the job done.
Just get it done and stop ******* around!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My guess:

Robbie Fox - will be extended
Sam Fisher - will be cut, 3rd year in the system
Alex Johnson - re-rookied if possible, possibly delisted altogether
Sam Murray - promoted
Colin O'Riordan - extended
Toby Pink - extended, no kpf depth
Ben Ronke - most likely cut

Discuss.
Why would Ronke be cut, only came back in the last 5 to 6 games of the year and showed plenty.
KJ's natural heir.
Fox, Pink and Fisher aren't Swans first team standard though might get an odd game here or there.
Surely AJ is very close to done. They should give him a year at Sydney U to see if he can play again. Then re-sign him if the answer is yes.

Right - didn't bother looking at age, saw 'WS', figured it meant 'GWS'.
He might get an extension.

How many are offered extensions will be determined by how many players the Swans bring on from the rookie draft. If the Swans don't being on another KPF this year, Pink stays. Fisher & Ronke could be extended, but I'm not sure.

Murray I'd be surprised if he isn't promoted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back