List Mgmt. AFL Senior List Contract Status

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
SYDNEY SWANS CONTRACT STATUS (Updated 22-NOV-2023)

The minimum list size for each club will be 37, which can be made up of as little as 36 senior listed players and one rookie.

To reach 44, clubs can carry 36-38 senior listed players, four to six Category A rookies, and two Category B rookies.

List make up - 37 Senior Listed players, 5 Category A rookies and 2 Category B rookie.

Contract Expires - 2024:
Harry Arnold (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Jack Buller (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Harry Cunningham
William Edwards (Cat B Rookie 2nd Year)
Oliver Florent
Robbie Fox
Aaron Francis
Errol Gulden
Will Hayward
Indhi Kirk (Cat B Rookie 1st Year)
Jacob Konstanty
Jaiden Magor (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Lachlan McAndrew (Cat A Rookie 3rd Year)
Logan McDonald
Lewis Melican
Caleb Mitchell
Sam Reid (Cat A Rookie 1st Year)
James Rowbottom
Cooper Vickery

Contract Expires - 2025:
Braeden Campbell
Caiden Cleary
Joel Hamling
Peter Ladhams
Jake Lloyd
Luke Parker
Dane Rampe
Matthew Roberts
Angus Sheldrick
Patrick Snell
Chad Warner
Corey Warner
Sam Wicks
John Longmire (Senior Coach)

Contract Expires - 2026:
Taylor Adams
Joel Amartey
Will Green
James Jordon
Justin McInerney

Contract Expires- 2027:
Brodie Grundy
Tom McCartin
Hayden McLean

Contract Expires - 2028:
Issac Heeney
Tom Papley

Contract Expires - 2029:
Callum Mills

Contract Expires - 2031:
Nick Blakey

Last edited:

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
Aliir, Lloyd and Newman are really the only 3 players left that I want to sign out of those who's contracts are up end of 2018. The rest a bit meh if we lose them.

I would love it if we could sign both Towers & Foote for a further 2 years each so that I have reason to check into Bigfooty during that time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty trashy News.com.au but I saw it there first.

Haha, I didn't mean the news. I was thinking to "How I met your mother".... There was an episode with awesome sauce, steak sauce, something like that was for something awesome....... Haha, I am not complimenting news.com.au

Aliir, Lloyd and Newman are really the only 3 players left that I want to sign out of those who's contracts are up end of 2018. The rest a bit meh if we lose them.

Maybe offer Smithy a one year extension, particularly as Reg will likely retire. Expect Naismith will improve in 2018 and prove his claims for a new contract.

Macca will surely hang up the boots and enter coaching. I expect we will retain Lloyd and Newman but may end up trading Allir (hopefully not).

Given next year is the alleged super draft, a clean out will be needed and we are well positioned. We will need plenty of points if we go for Blakey and he opts for us. We could also be a player in the trading period as room should emerge in the Cap.

Listed players needing a season out of the blue to remain on the list are Rose, Robbo, Foote and Marsh. Personally I cannot see a Lazarus like career revival from any of the above. Rose won't put his head over the ball, Robbo and Not Les can't find it and Marsh butchers the ball when he gets it.

Hopefully Maibaum can develop an attacking side to his game and watches every thing Reg does in training and during games.

As for the rookie listed players I along with every one else hopes AJ becomes ultra competitive again. Fewer chico rolls need to go in the Pink, Ronke needs to prove he is not Foote-lite and Foxy needs to stay fit.

So that means 4 off the main list via delistings, two celebrated retirements (Reg and Macca) and an unfortunate trade (Allir). That leaves Deano. Without further significant improvement he is not best 22 but will be thereabouts. Hopefully he has a couple of breakout games that are sufficient to persuade #lolNorf to open the fabled war chest (as they did for Billy Hartung) to offer us their 2nd round pick.

Expect Naismith will improve in 2018 and prove his claims for a new contract.
Naismith is an interesting one. We already have Kurt Tippett and Callum Sinclair until at least 2020, so that's 2 ruckmen locked in for the long term that both play more games than Sam. What is his spot on the list if he stays? Developing 28 year old back-up ruckman in 2020, or 1st ruck while we play the others in the NEAFL?

I'd be really, really surprised if he wasn't one of our top priorities this year.
I would've thought so too Jewelsy.

There's Macca, Grundy & Smitty all on that list too who are pushing one year deals at the very most now I reckon. If we also see AA leave as is rumoured, Rose might want to get back to SA given his inability to crack the seniors too.

I think we'll have room for his asking price.

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance

There's Macca, Grundy & Smitty all on that list too who are pushing one year deals at the very most now I reckon. If we also see AA leave as is rumoured, Rose might want to get back to SA given his inability to crack the seniors too.

Dear gotthegoodesy, I see you’re all in on the team speakey. regards Ticksy.:p

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney

There’ll be no 1 year extension for McVeigh...this is his last season! AA won’t leave, Longmire wants him big time!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back