List Mgmt. AFL Senior List Contract Status

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
SYDNEY SWANS CONTRACT STATUS (Updated 10-APR-2024)

The minimum list size for each club will be 37, which can be made up of as little as 36 senior listed players and one rookie.

To reach 44, clubs can carry 36-38 senior listed players, four to six Category A rookies, and two Category B rookies.

List make up - 37 Senior Listed players, 5 Category A rookies and 2 Category B rookie.

Contract Expires - 2024:
Harry Arnold (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Jack Buller (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Harry Cunningham
William Edwards (Cat B Rookie 2nd Year)
Oliver Florent
Robbie Fox
Aaron Francis
Will Hayward
Indhi Kirk (Cat B Rookie 1st Year)
Jacob Konstanty
Jaiden Magor (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Lachlan McAndrew (Cat A Rookie 3rd Year)
Logan McDonald
Lewis Melican
Caleb Mitchell
Sam Reid (Cat A Rookie 1st Year)
Cooper Vickery

Contract Expires - 2025:
Braeden Campbell
Caiden Cleary
Joel Hamling
Peter Ladhams
Jake Lloyd
Luke Parker
Dane Rampe
Matthew Roberts
Angus Sheldrick
Patrick Snell
Chad Warner
Corey Warner
Sam Wicks
John Longmire (Senior Coach)

Contract Expires - 2026:
Taylor Adams
Joel Amartey
Will Green
James Jordon
Justin McInerney

Contract Expires- 2027:
Brodie Grundy
Tom McCartin
Hayden McLean

Contract Expires - 2028:
Errol Gulden
Issac Heeney
Tom Papley
James Rowbottom

Contract Expires - 2029:
Callum Mills

Contract Expires - 2031:
Nick Blakey

Last edited:

buddy should be rested sometimes

Hanners contract made sense at the time, no one saw this coming

Hanners will be fine.
I remember Goodesy needed groin surgery one year when he played out the season & was way below his best. He went on for a few years after that.
It was just poorly managed by our strength & conditioning people at the club who need a shake up.

Probably should sign Aliir ASAP
I would be shocked if he hadn’t already been offered a contract.

Maybe he is backing himself to get more, certainly would have now he is playing decent senior footy.

Hopefully he stays. If not at least he is doing us a solid by pushing up his value in a trade (/offers from other clubs).

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be shocked if he hadn’t already been offered a contract.

Maybe he is backing himself to get more, certainly would have now he is playing decent senior footy.

Hopefully he stays. If not at least he is doing us a solid by pushing up his value in a trade (/offers from other clubs).

Recall the Eagles are circling Alir. Ex Perth guy and Eagles NicNat fan.

If he wasnt getting games Id put money on him moving but now he is and playing well that might change things.

One thing is for shore his salary is going up and if he does ask for a trade so is his trade value.

Would be happy to use our second rounder this year to land Alir.

If he wasnt getting games Id put money on him moving but now he is and playing well that might change things.

One thing is for shore his salary is going up and if he does ask for a trade so is his trade value.

Top 5 pick or no deal

I bet you would be very happy too.... he is worth a late first/very early second in my view. He is going to be a gun, whether he plays for us or someone else.

Ex Perth guy...he only lived there for 12 months. Queensland was his home! * this bullshit and the ‘go home to Perth’ rubbish.

You can shove the second rounder where the sun doesn’t shine

We seem to have a rather large list of players still unsigned. I wonder if that is the norm for the club at this time of year. Maybe they really want to clean the list out and try and trade to get as many picks as possible for this years "super" draft. Or could be making cap space for a bigger contract like McGovern or someone else they're looking at. Really, really want AA signed up ASAP, the longer it goes on, the more nervous I'm getting about retaining him. Out of the remaining younger/inexperienced players, I think Robbie Fox has done enough to earn another contract, has proven a handy player this year and was unlucky to be dropped earlier on. Other than that, it seems as though the club might be slowly putting the line through a couple of names that have failed to set the world on fire since having a go in the seniors. Time will tell.....

You can shove the second rounder where the sun doesn’t shine

Go talk to the Swans list manager. They are the ones who tied up so much cap space in so few. Lloyd is holding off for more as he should be entitled to and Aliir will also want a pay rise as will all those other rookies that are turning into guns.

As for the Eagles 2nd for Aliir other Swans posters have said thats about right, pick in the low 30s.

You think otherwise........thats your prerogative.

Go talk to the Swans list manager. They are the ones who tied up so much cap space in so few. Lloyd is holding off for more as he should be entitled to and Aliir will also want a pay rise as will all those other rookies that are turning into guns.

As for the Eagles 2nd for Aliir other Swans posters have said thats about right, pick in the low 30s.

You think otherwise........thats your prerogative.
I think it’s our prerogative to tell you to POQ!

I think it’s our prerogative to tell you to POQ!

Really?

Come over to the Eagles Trade and List Discussion thread. We allow opposition supporters to hold a valid point of view and actually have a discussion or a bit of fun banter regarding trades etc. It takes a hell of a lot to get our knickers in a knot and tell people to POQ. Actually had to look that up.

Not sure why you are so thin skinned about it TBH!

Really?

Come over to the Eagles Trade and List Discussion thread. We allow opposition supporters to hold a valid point of view and actually have a discussion or a bit of fun banter regarding trades etc. It takes a hell of a lot to get our knickers in a knot and tell people to POQ. Actually had to look that up.

Cool story...bye!

Really?

Sorry about the shitty reaction you have had, some people...

Anyway, late 20s or early 30s would be where I have Aliir on the market. He is off contract, so if he wanted away then that would be about what it takes to get him. I think that is unders on what he can become for us, so I wouldn't want to see that trade happen. If it must, it must.

I think we have taken some calculated risks with our list management. We have put some big money/long term contracts in front of key players, some have worked very well, others not so much. I don't think we are in quite as much of a squeeze as you might think. We signed some of our better you get players on to long term contracts so we don't have to worry about payrises for a few seasons, we have a big hunk of cash opening up with Tippett off the books and we have some players coming to the end of their career, who either through retirement or (in the case if McVeigh most likely) trade won't be on the list next year too. We wouldn't be in the talk for McGovern or Moore if we didn't have a way of accommodating them.

I can see both Lloyd and Aliir at other clubs next year. They are off contract and understandably desirable. I can also see them re-signing with us. Both are required players, Lloyd to take on McVeigh's role, Alliir as part of a generation shift in our defence. They are part of a successful club and, given the demographics of the team, one that is looking like staying up at the top of the ladder for a while. That's worth something to players. I think it would take a pay offer that was beyond reasonable for us to match to get them away from us, and I wouldn't begrudge them taking it of such an offer eventuates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back