List Mgmt. Playing List Contract Status

mtooler

Premiership Player
Feb 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Would anybody pick him up if he was delisted? That's a not foolproof but pretty accurate test for the value of keeping someone on the list rather than having another swing at the draft
Probably not is my guess. Also why I'd be shocked if Menzel gets re-signed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cadsky

Premium Gold
Jun 14, 2011
Vic
AFL Club
Sydney
Seems like alot of list cloggers ooc next year. Only Hewitt really needs tying up. JPK maybe an extra year but I'm sure that will be a late call. Everyone else meh

mtooler

Premiership Player
Feb 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Seems like alot of list cloggers ooc next year. Only Hewitt really needs tying up. JPK maybe an extra year but I'm sure that will be a late call. Everyone else meh
Next year will be brutal like this year. Might hold onto a few cheapies like Ling.

RobbieK

Club Legend
Aug 20, 2009
Berlin
AFL Club
Sydney
Next year will be brutal like this year. Might hold onto a few cheapies like Ling.
We have done a very good job of getting the core group of players on longer term contracts, so the list of guys coming off contract next season is almost entirely players with their careers on the line - a host of recycled players, long term rookie listers, and a few guys that have been in the system long enough by the end of the season to have staked their claim to be in the best 28. Can definitely see a big group getting moved on.

mtooler

Premiership Player
Feb 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
We have done a very good job of getting the core group of players on longer term contracts, so the list of guys coming off contract next season is almost entirely players with their careers on the line - a host of recycled players, long term rookie listers, and a few guys that have been in the system long enough by the end of the season to have staked their claim to be in the best 28. Can definitely see a big group getting moved on.
Yeah agree. I'm the most positive about our list I have been for years, in that the right players have the long term contracts and those on the wane have the shortest to run. While our list isnt strong, at least it is structured right.

cadsky

Premium Gold
Jun 14, 2011
Vic
AFL Club
Sydney
Yeah agree. I'm the most positive about our list I have been for years, in that the right players have the long term contracts and those on the wane have the shortest to run. While our list isnt strong, at least it is structured right.
Not sure why long term contacts makes you feel at ease, clearly the players don't feel like a long term contract means anything other than getting paid

Top Bottom