List Mgmt. AFL Senior List Contract Status

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
SYDNEY SWANS CONTRACT STATUS (Updated 10-APR-2024)

The minimum list size for each club will be 37, which can be made up of as little as 36 senior listed players and one rookie.

To reach 44, clubs can carry 36-38 senior listed players, four to six Category A rookies, and two Category B rookies.

List make up - 37 Senior Listed players, 5 Category A rookies and 2 Category B rookie.

Contract Expires - 2024:
Harry Arnold (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Jack Buller (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Harry Cunningham
William Edwards (Cat B Rookie 2nd Year)
Oliver Florent
Robbie Fox
Aaron Francis
Will Hayward
Indhi Kirk (Cat B Rookie 1st Year)
Jacob Konstanty
Jaiden Magor (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Lachlan McAndrew (Cat A Rookie 3rd Year)
Logan McDonald
Lewis Melican
Caleb Mitchell
Sam Reid (Cat A Rookie 1st Year)
Cooper Vickery

Contract Expires - 2025:
Braeden Campbell
Caiden Cleary
Joel Hamling
Peter Ladhams
Jake Lloyd
Luke Parker
Dane Rampe
Matthew Roberts
Angus Sheldrick
Patrick Snell
Chad Warner
Corey Warner
Sam Wicks
John Longmire (Senior Coach)

Contract Expires - 2026:
Taylor Adams
Joel Amartey
Will Green
James Jordon
Justin McInerney

Contract Expires- 2027:
Brodie Grundy
Tom McCartin
Hayden McLean

Contract Expires - 2028:
Errol Gulden
Issac Heeney
Tom Papley
James Rowbottom

Contract Expires - 2029:
Callum Mills

Contract Expires - 2031:
Nick Blakey

Last edited:
Think so. Can argue best 22 of course, but that's for another day.
We have one spot left on the list. I think the mid season draft will see us rookie a ruck. Kinnear said that he had not sen evidence of any good young rucks esp in Victoria because they have not played. I reckon 3-4 months in next year with exposed form, Kinnear will rookie a ruck.

That would be argued every week. I even argue with myself. It has symmetry too they way I have it. The FORCE is in balance!!
I was a selector at my old bowls club for a year about 20 years ago. That was hard enough! 3 groups of 4 for 3 teams. Trying to match personalities was impossible. I stood up to a guy who tried to get his own way and dropped him all the way to the bottom team. He organised a coup and I was chucked out. Never been happier.
Can barely imagine what it's like keeping an AFL team well balanced and on an even keel. Nightmare!

I was a selector at my old bowls club for a year about 20 years ago. That was hard enough! 3 groups of 4 for 3 teams. Trying to match personalities was impossible. I stood up to a guy who tried to get his own way and dropped him all the way to the bottom team. He organised a coup and I was chucked out. Never been happier.
Can barely imagine what it's like keeping an AFL team well balanced and on an even keel. Nightmare!
Thats why I did by best 22 on GAMES EXPERIENCE (With a few tweaks). Then I cant deviate to much on emotion or recent form or whatever.

Yeah, my brother in law is a coach of rugby union teams and he is on the phone all the time. Whether it be recruiting someone, helping out someone, motivating someone etc etc. Its not a job it is a lifestyle. I agree. Not for me.

-Kennedy likely to get a 1 year extension
-McCartin close to a 2 year contract
-Stephens negotiations have started but not gone far

I was expecting JPK to retire at the end of the year, but good to have him another year to continue to pass on his knowledge to the young mids. He may end up as a player/coach?? not playing every game but leading the young mids for another year
Would br happy if McCartin got more than 2
Pretty confident Stephens will sign, infact pretty confident he'll end up a one club player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stephens will re-sign
The Swans young crew have bonded really well and am sure they're dreaming together of multiple flags. Theres a lot of smiles running through the youth at the moment.
Ive also heard on many occassions from a wide variety of people things said about 'sticking together'

Other clubs love the way we develop young players. Now we have 3 of our youngsters as the top 3 favourites for the rising star award as we speak.
They will be all over him like a rash offering 50% more than we would be offering, just to get him thinking. No brainer for him to leave if he can't get games in 2021.

Half a million+ on jpk extension imperils ability to resign ooc required players. Surely he does not need the money. His form has been poor for the past two seasons with the odd golden Autumnal moment. In the first two games he has been clanger central and was our worst player in Rd.1.

In the current game style he has become even more of a liability. His lack of speed and ability to play other roles is not going to change. If re-signed he will spend the bulk of 2022 in the ressies which no-one wants to see.

Another great player in Pendlebury has had spells of tagging - jpk cannot do this.

Aside from McCartin, Dawson for example is out of contract. Adelaide will throw buckets at him. We need every centime to keep the future bright.

Stephens will re-sign
The Swans young crew have bonded really well and am sure they're dreaming together of multiple flags. Theres a lot of smiles running through the youth at the moment.
Ive also heard on many occassions from a wide variety of people things said about 'sticking together'
Trealor style....

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

As I understand it shouldn't we be better off $-wise in the future if we have guys like Heeney, Mills, Blakey, Wicks, Campbell and Gulden in the best 22? I don't see why we should end up overpaying for any of these boys when they should be happy to play for a successful club (hopefully in the future) and remain in their home state. Isn't that supposed to be one of the advantages of having homegrown talent in the team?

Would be such a massive benefit if a few of those guys were our best players but we didn't have to pay them an exorbitant amount of money just to keep them. That money could then be re-directed to our best players from other states (Dawson, McCartin, Rowbottom, McDonald, McInerney etc...)

Or do I have too much faith in these kids loyalty to the club/preference to stay in NSW?

Last edited:
Call me biased.. but I reckon the Swans are a tad better run footy club than what the pies have thrown up
It was Trealoar's time at the Giants. Every week i saw him stating 'they/we will all sign' until i relaised he was right. Everyone else signed but he want to Collingwood.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back